Pass Defense
TROY 80 stAte 8
Pass Effeciency
TROY 60 stAte 44
Rush Defense
TROY 77 stAte 69
Scoring Defense
TROY 66 stAte 68

Offensively the numbers suggest we should run the ball. I think the Defense of stAte would really be shocked and caught off guard if the Trojans came out in the Power I with 2 TEs letting Rob Austin do the jersey swap thing they did earlier in the year. Also we need to utilize the back side read of the DE that has worked so well for the Trojans this year after establishing the power game. Once the running game gets going turn the attention to a wide receiver screen off of a play fake to the RB and try a few intermediate and deep routes to open up the field. stAte has a great defense and our O has their work cut out for them.

Defensively the numbers suggest we should load the box against the run and make them throw the ball or at least put a couple spies on the QB and RB while playing man on the splits and two deep zone with our safeties leaving a LB to rush each play depending on their allignment of course. What set do the Indians run out of? I believe they run out of the Power-I but I can't remember exactly. We stop the run, we stop stAte!

formerlytsufan
11-13-2006, 10:30 AM
Offensive Matchup
Total Offense
TROY 87 stAte 98
Pass Offense
TROY 71 stAte 107
Pass Effeciency
TROY 76 stAte 119
Rush Offense
TROY 78 stAte 39
Scoring Offense
TROY 87 stAte 112

Defensive Matchup
Total Defense
TROY 85 stAte 32
Pass Defense
TROY 80 stAte 8
Pass Effeciency
TROY 60 stAte 44
Rush Defense
TROY 77 stAte 69
Scoring Defense
TROY 66 stAte 68

Offensively the numbers suggest we should run the ball. I think the Defense of stAte would really be shocked and caught off guard if the Trojans came out in the Power I with 2 TEs letting Rob Austin do the jersey swap thing they did earlier in the year. Also we need to utilize the back side read of the DE that has worked so well for the Trojans this year after establishing the power game. Once the running game gets going turn the attention to a wide receiver screen off of a play fake to the RB and try a few intermediate and deep routes to open up the field. stAte has a great defense and our O has their work cut out for them.

Defensively the numbers suggest we should load the box against the run and make them throw the ball or at least put a couple spies on the QB and RB while playing man on the splits and two deep zone with our safeties leaving a LB to rush each play depending on their allignment of course. What set do the Indians run out of? I believe they run out of the Power-I but I can't remember exactly. We stop the run, we stop stAte!

ASU's passing efficiency should improve this week against the Trojans. As much as it pains me to say it, we are not very good against the pass. Our weakness is covering the middle, which is how FAU moved the ball on us, and is the main area we need to improve on. Hopefully, the defense will do just enough to stop the ASU attack and give the offense a chance to score a few touchdowns.

TU/JSU Fan
11-13-2006, 11:57 AM
State's Pass Defense is 8th in the Country?!?!?

Seriously?

MB

ksdtrojan
11-13-2006, 11:59 AM

Seriously?

MB

Yep! Straight off the NCAAfootball.com website.

formerlytsufan
11-13-2006, 12:09 PM

Seriously?

MB

4 INTs against Auburn...

TU/JSU Fan
11-13-2006, 12:31 PM
I honestly think that I might could pick off one of brandon cox's passes.. he isn't very good.

MB

BMarkey
11-13-2006, 02:07 PM
ASU has given up around 100 points in the last three games, including 29 to FAU.

Obviously the Owls, Tigers and Raiders have figured it out.

Troy has given up the middle pass all year!