PDA

View Full Version : It was U-G-L-Y

Nice Trojan
10-14-2006, 06:42 PM
But I will take a W anytime.

TUrocks
10-14-2006, 06:46 PM
1-0 in the Sunbelt.....one game at a time. What a great way to have our schedule pan out after the brutal road trip. A week off, then ULM, then another week off, then UNT. This has got to be an advantage for us now for Sunbelt play. Rest up, rehab, fix problems, then hopefully, start to get hot against the likes of ULM and UNT, two down programs in the Sunbelt....even though today's win was not all that pretty.

troyboy
10-14-2006, 07:02 PM
This win gives us something to build on. Troy did some good things in all phases of the game, but we've got to ditch the dang turnovers!!! We Troy fans also have got to accept the fact that the Sunbelt is stronger than we give credit for. We always blame Troy for "lackluster" play in the Sunbelt, but ULM played a solid game even though this is supposed to be a rebuilding year for them. Troy better get ready, because the confrence season is gonna be filled with games like today. Eat your Wheaties boys!!!

trojanforce
10-14-2006, 09:38 PM
This win was absolutely HORRIBLE! We have a lot to work on. We still looked rusty out there. Way too many turnovers. We have a major problem holding on to the ball. You can't win with continual mistakes. I liked the balance with the run and the pass. I'm not a big fan of lining up to throw on every down. Unfortunately the belt belongs to either ASU or MTSU this year. Deep down I hope I'm wrong but I don't think so. I really would like to see us improve each game for next year.

TrojanForce

socrgoly25
10-14-2006, 09:42 PM
This win was absolutely HORIBLE! We have a lot to work on. We still looked rusty out there. Way too many turnovers. We have a major problem holding on to the ball. You can't win with continual mistakes. I liked the balance with the run and the pass. I'm not a big fan of lining up to throw on every down. Unfortunately the belt belongs to either ASU or MTSU this year. Deep down I hope I'm wrong but I don't think so. I really would like to see us improve each game for next year.

TrojanForce

Ummmmm..........what?

We win and we lost the conference already?

Speechless.....

tenaciousT
10-15-2006, 12:45 PM
thats pretty sad Trojan Force. we are continually making adjustments each game, and it looks like we found the right ones for this game, yeah we had some turnovers, but they were off of banks' hands or off a lineman's hands. banks has a bad game and.... Lets give the conference to ASU and MTSU? thats pathetic!

trojanforce
10-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Fellas,
That's just my opinion half way into the season. If you remember my post I said I hope I'm wrong. I a big fan just as you are but if we didn't make that key interception to stop ULM's last drive the posts on this site would be a whole lot different. I hope we go all the way but how those two teams are playing especially ASU I just don't know. Again...I hope I'm wrong!

TrojanForce

BMarkey
10-15-2006, 09:23 PM
The way we fumble is freaking bizarre. We don't just drop it; we fling it like it's a hot potato. Crazy stuff ... last year, too.

tsu00
10-15-2006, 10:00 PM
Dont forget ULL. They looked good beating Houston last week. Right now, all three of these teams look better than us.

socrgoly25
10-16-2006, 09:53 AM
You know what's one thing we haven't brought up this week is the officiating. How many holding penalties were called, or how many flags were thrown for that matter all together? From my recollection, not many at all. It's good to see them finally let the boys play.

trojanforce
10-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Fellas,
I noticed the defense was getting tired towards the end of the game. What kind of adjustments do we need to make to keep them fresh? I love the fact they got some rest while of offense stayed on the field and I know that helped tremendously. Are there other potiential super star players on this team like Boris Lee that could rotate in on D-fense we don't know about? I hope we can work on our mistakes during the next two weeks to get us ready for the rest of the season. Again, I hope I'm wrong about the other S. Belt foes!!!!!

TrojanForce

Doug4Troy
10-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Fellas,
I noticed the defense was getting tired towards the end of the game. What kind of adjustments do we need to make to keep them fresh? I love the fact they got some rest while of offense stayed on the field and I know that helped tremendously. Are there other potiential super star players on this team like Boris Lee that could rotate in on D-fense we don't know about? I hope we can work on our mistakes during the next two weeks to get us ready for the rest of the season. Again, I hope I'm wrong about the other S. Belt foes!!!!!

TrojanForce

The 5 turnovers didn't help. Although the offense did edge out ULM on time of possession.

D1Trojan4U
10-16-2006, 09:41 PM
the offense we run puts the defense on the field more b/c of the clock stopping often. The pre-season suspensions and injuries on the defense have not helped matters either.

MBATrojan06
10-17-2006, 02:34 AM
During the game I have noticed how good both teams move the ball. Especially Troy, with it's running and passing game. I also like in the last part of the game, the coaches put in a tightend and fullback instead of passing on everydown. Another aspect of our game that was good was our special teams, field position is very crucial in football. Our special teams played a good game Saturday. Also our offensive line played good. I belive in the old Nebraska coach Bob Devany's philosophy. And that is put winning the ball game in the hands of the offensive line. Our Offensive line should be the heart and soul of our offense. Defensively, we played pretty good. We gave up some big plays in the 2nd half and kinda allowed them to get back in the game. Due to the type of offensvie system we run, which is a modifed version of the run and shoot, our defensive unit will get a bit tired. I would perfer a ball control offense system in order for our defense to rest during the course of the game. But in time I think we will have a stronger defensive unit than in the ULM game. But, overall a win is a win, be it ugly or pretty. I take a win anyday of the week.

Rette
10-18-2006, 11:10 AM
But I will take a W anytime.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I told my wife that it was the ugliest win I have seen in a long time. I felt really down about our play against ULM. However, after looking at there schedule they were not the push over that I had thought they were before this game. They have played everyone close except for UAT.

Loss Kansas 21-19
Loss FAU 21-19
Loss ASU 10-6
Loss Troy 24-19

Three of these games were on the road.