PDA

View Full Version : Hey St. Louis UAB Fan...

Anonymous
09-27-2004, 11:54 AM
Did I not here you on the Paul Finebaum show the other day. I hope it was not you, because the caller got ripped by Finebaum. It was a UAB fan from St. Loius though. The caller called accusing Finebaum of hating on UAB all the time, and Finebaum basically said that he doesn't really care about UAB. UAB fan tried to say that they had only been in Division 1-A for 16 years and they were still growing. Finebaum shot that down too. 16 years!! Troy has been in 1-A for like three years and they have already beat an SEC team, a Big 12 team, and Marshall twice!! Lame excuse.

Trojan1998
09-27-2004, 12:16 PM
UAB has been a I-A program since 1996.

UAB fans try and act as though Troy doesn't even exist. I just noticed a post on the UAB board over on al.com, that claims that UAB is a close second to Auburn in ranking the top college football programs in the state. This poster didn't even mention Troy. Just because they beat a mediocre Memphis team, they think that they are all of a sudden world beaters. Very surprising and amusing, but I've grown accustomed to it. UAB is jealous that they have to share I-A football with us.

Anonymous
09-27-2004, 12:32 PM
The problem with calling into a radio show and getting into an argument with the host is that they dicate the conversation and subject. Like Finebaum did, they can just hang up on you and then say things to make you look bad.

However, for some reason Finebaum said "Go Blazers" last night and said there was a lot of cheering in his house when we beat Memphis.

He flips and flops worse than Kerry.