PDA

View Full Version : Ga. Tech Accommodations in Atlanta

Navarre Trojan
08-01-2006, 05:45 AM
All,

I have set up a Troy Alumni block (you don't have to be an Alum) ready for booking for your Atlanta road trip in September. You can either call the hotel at 404-873-4800 or call 1-800 WYNDHAM and request the Troy Alumni rate at Wyndham Midtown Atlanta for the weekend of September 16th. We have set aside rooms with One King Bed at a special $99 group rate. Rooms will be available at this rate through, August 21.

Check out this hotel:

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/ATLMA/main.wnt

At this time he has lots of availability, but the rooms are Kings, however, most of them have pull out sofas, so ask for these if you need more bed space.

Parking is $15 a day at the hotel (independent vendor) and I could not get that changed, however there is "self parking" across the street for $6 a day.

There is room for bus parking ($50), and this hotel is located directly across the street from the Ga. Tech Campus. I don't know exactly how far the stadium is, but I wouldn't think it is that far.

This is an AWESOME hotel, that is close to the campus, walking distance to several other eating/night time type places, or so I am told.

I know that there are several folks that are planning on attending this game and thought if we could get a great deal on some rooms, close to the campus, close to the airport, it would be fun.

Please note the No Later Than date of August 21.

tntrojan
08-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Any word on a tailgating plan or alumni reception near the stadium?

Navarre Trojan
08-05-2006, 10:26 AM
but I believe Faith Ward is working on this deal. I am sure there will be something there. Should be a great trip!

bulldogtrojan
08-15-2006, 04:26 PM
I just made my reservations and according to the young lady I talked to all the $99 rooms are gone. I did get an executive suite for $115 - still not too bad.

whereiskelvin
08-16-2006, 05:48 PM
If you are not planning on drinking and are willing to drive 8 minutes up 75, there should be much cheaper rooms in the Windy Hill area of Marietta.

Motel 6-actually clean enough and I think it was redone recently.$50

Fairfield Inn-Actually off 285 but easy to downtown-$72

will write with others.