PDA

View Full Version : 07 - ATH - Darell Norman

CattouseFan
07-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Tony Morrell
GamecockCentral.com

Lincolnton (Ga.) Lincoln County athlete Darell Norman has three scholarship offers on the table, and believes another is on the horizon.

Darell Norman would love to see USC offer him.
"I still have offers from Cincinnati, Troy State and Ball State right now," the 5-foot-11, 190-pound Norman said. "I went to South Carolina's camp, and they're talking like they're close to offering me. I also went to Georgia's camp, and I may be going to Georgia Tech's camp this weekend."

Norman, who rushed for over 1,000 yards and 10 touchdowns as a junior, enjoyed his experience in Columbia.

"Their coaches are good people, and they know what they're talking about when it comes to football," Norman said. "I worked out as a running back and a little bit as a wide receiver. I worked the most with coach (Robert) Gillespie, and I liked him a lot. Coach (Ron) Cooper has also been staying in touch with me."

Norman, who has run the 40-yard in as low as 4.41 seconds, also liked what he found in Athens.

"I had a good camp at Georgia. They had a lot of good drills for us to go through. I liked working with coach (Tony) Ball and just getting to know everyone."

Norman, who also plays wide receiver and free safety for his high school team, feels Georgia Tech has a lot to offer as well.

"They just have a good school, a good football program and good coaches."

Norman will base his decision on several factors.

"I'm looking for good academics, a good football program, and a chance for early playing time. If I find all that, the rest should work itself out."

Two teams currently stand out the most to Norman.

"South Carolina and Georgia. I'm just going to take my time and focus on my senior season."