PDA

View Full Version : 07 - RB - Mike Davis

CattouseFan
06-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Newnan (Ga.) Northgate running back Mike Davis went into the early evaluation period with one offer, but has seen things pick up a little over the last month and a half. Two more offers have come in, but one school sits firmly at the top of his list. Who has joined into the fray and who leads?

Mississippi State was the first school to offer, but the Bulldogs now have company. A school not on that list, however, holds the top spot.

"I got a couple more now," Davis said. "I got an offer from Middle Tennessee and Coastal Carolina offered too. I went down to Auburn last weekend to their senior one-day camp. That is where I am really trying to go.

"I had a good showing and they said they really liked me and told me they would get back to me."

During the month of May Davis received several phone calls and had a few visitors drop by his school.

"Auburn, Troy, South Carolina, Indiana, Middle Tennessee, Air Force; they came by," he said. "Coach Reed Stringer from Mississippi State came by. I like Georgia Tech too and they came by the school. Georgia Southern called, UAB called, Auburn has called, and I got a call from Duke too.

"The coach from Indiana wants me to come up there, so I may go up there. I may go to Georgia too."

Proximity to home will play a role in Davis' decision, but one other factor will likely be the deciding issue.

"I want to go somewhere I can play," he said. "I don't care where I play as long as I get to play. I don't want to have to sit out for too long."

So where will he visit this fall to help him make up his mind?

"I think I want to take an official visit to Mississippi Sate, just because they offered first," he said. "I'd like to take one to Auburn, maybe Middle Tennessee. I haven't really thought about it that much. I need to talk to my parents about it."