PDA

View Full Version : 07 - OL - Patrick Crump

CattouseFan
06-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Hoover (Ala.) offensive lineman Patrick Crump was one of the fastest rising prospects in the state during the May evaluation period. This past weekend, Crump, 6-foot-3, 285 pounds, was in Tuscaloosa for the Tide's one-day camp and came away impressed.

"The camp was great. There were a lot of talented guys there and I got a ton of reps because I was pretty much the only right tackle there," Crump said. "I went against some good defensive lineman and it was a good chance to see where I stack up against everyone else. I thought I did well. I'm never completely pleased with myself, but that was a pretty good effort from me."

Crump has been to Tuscaloosa several times in the past and knows the coaches well. During his latest visit, he spent a lot of time with Tide offensive line coach Bob Connelly and Alabama is under strong consideration.

"I know all the coaches pretty well and spent most my time with Coach Connelly. He is a very good coach and he was working me hard," Crump said. "I talked with him after the camp about the grayshirt offer. I told him I understood, but I wanted to take some visits before I decided anything. I want to see what else is out there.

"I've always loved Alabama, so they are in a good position. It's a great program and I would be honored to play for them. Everything about the school is great."

"Alabama, Tennessee, Michigan are some of my favorites and I also like Troy and Purdue. All have offered with Alabama's being a grayshirt," Crump said. "Ole Miss and Clemson have been showing me a lot of attention. I think they are close to offering as well which would make things more interesting.

"I'm going to check everyone out before I eliminate any schools. I've got some research to do before I make my decision."

CattouseFan
06-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Hoover (Ala.) offensive lineman Patrick Crump has seen his list of offers climb to seven with Purdue the latest to join the fray. Crump, 6-foot-3, 285 pounds, has made his choice after giving consideration to some of the nation's top programs with the only question being when he will make his announcement.

Crump will choose between Alabama, Michigan and Tennessee
"I'm ready to get recruiting behind me. I know where I want to go, but I'm not ready to announce it yet. I'm going to discuss everything with my family and coaches and then go from there," Crump said. "Alabama, Michigan, Tennessee and Auburn are the ones I'm looking at really hard. All of the choices were good schools with strong academics, but I chose the one where I fit in the best and think I have the best future."

Crump, who has a grayshirt offer from UA, was recently in Tuscaloosa for the Tide's one-day mini-camp and came away with a good impression of the coaching staff.

"All of the coaches at Alabama were very hands on. I've met all of them and they are just good coaches who enjoy what they do," Crump said. "During the camp I spent a lot of time with [offensive line] coach (Bob) Connelly and he was great to work with. He taught me a lot and it gave me a chance to realize what it would be like if I were at Alabama. Coach Connelly was real honest with me the whole time about their situation.

"Overall, Alabama would be a great choice for me. It's not far from home and they are headed back to where Alabama is used to being. Their tradition stacks up with anyone in the country. When I visit there I feel very comfortable and I know I would enjoy college life at Alabama because I have so many friends there."

Crump, who is expected to be a full qualifier, bench pressed 290-pounds, squats 450 and runs a 5.0-40

CattouseFan
06-27-2006, 10:35 PM
Hoover (Ala.) offensive lineman Patrick Crump was one of the fastest rising prospects in the state during the May evaluation period. Crump, 6-foot-3, 285 pounds, had received scholarship offers from Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan and Tennessee before choosing to attend Alabama as a grayshirt prospect.

Crump chose Alabama over offers from Tennessee, Michigan and Louisville
"I committed to Alabama before the staff went on their cruise, but I waited until today to announce it publicly. It's always been my dream to play there and for me there isn't a better place to continue my education and compete for a championship," Crump said. "It's a grayshirt offer unless something changes and I'm completely cool with that. I'm only 16 years old and I wouldn't have been ready to play as a true freshman, so this gives me more time to be ready when I get to Alabama.

"I feel great about the commitment. I camped at Alabama on Sunday and knew before I left that it was the place for me. It has an awesome football tradition and great education. I told the coaches that being there and hanging out with the other recruits and working with the coaches just felt like home for me. So I committed and they were just as happy as I was, which made it even better."

Since early in the recruiting process Alabama has been at the top of Crump's list.

"I've always been an Alabama fan. Two of my uncles played there and most of my family is Alabama fans," Crump said. "Tuscaloosa is a place I've been on several occasions and I've always liked the atmosphere and the students. I've got a lot of friends who go there and it's not far from home. Everything was a perfect fit."

Before choosing Alabama, Crump was receiving heavy interest from some of the nation's top programs.

"Michigan was one of my last offers and that really gave me a lot of confidence because of the program they have. Tennessee was the same thing. They have a great program and history with offensive lineman, so I was flattered by that as well," Crump said. "Kentucky, Louisville and Troy were my other offers. I was hearing from several other schools but Alabama was the place for me."