PDA

View Full Version : 07 - QB - Chris Lambeth

CattouseFan
05-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Southern Alabama consistently produces some of the top talent in the Capstone State, and this looks to be a banner year for that part of the state. One rising senior that is starting to raise some eyebrows is Daphne (Ala.) signal caller Chris Lambeth. As a junior, Lambeth was 94 for 152 (61.8 percent) for 1,601 yards and 13 touchdowns and Daphne looks to be even more pass-oriented this coming year.

This past Friday night Daphne participated in the Foley Jamboree where they played a half against Oxford (Ala.) High and a half against Theodore (Ala.) High. Lambeth posted some impressive numbers. In this Jamboree each team played two 12-minute quarters, then switched and played two 12-minute quarters against someone else.

In the half against Oxford Lambeth was 14-15 for 245 yards and two touchdowns. He was equally impressive against Theodore completing 12 of 18 for 242 yards. On the night he was 26 of 33 (78.8 percent) for 487 yards and two touchdowns.

"It went really good," Lambeth said of his spring jamboree. "Sure, I am happy with my performance, but it was a team effort."

Lambert was eager to give the credit for his big night to his teammates.

"The wide receivers ran great routes and picked up yards after the catch," he said. "The offensive line was giving me plenty of time to set and throw. I'm really proud of the team effort."

When asked about which schools were beginning to show interest he had this to say.

"I've been getting lots of letters, but nobody has offered yet," he said. "Coach (Randy) Butler from Southern Miss was at the Jamboree, he talked to my dad and gave me his cell number."

Lambeth has a busy summer planned and is already scheduled to take in summer camps at Alabama, Auburn, Southern Miss and Troy.

When asked if anyone in particular is leading for his services he had these comments.

"Southern Miss is favorite. When I went up the Rivals Junior Day in Hattiesburg, I got to see the campus and I really liked it," he said. "I went back later for their Black and Gold Spring Game and got to meet all the coaches."

Lambeth is a good student who maintains a 3.1 GPA and has already posted a 21 on the ACT.