PDA

View Full Version : 07 - DB - Corey Hart & Franchez Pitts

CattouseFan
05-16-2006, 12:58 AM
Loachapoka (Ala.) High defensive backs Corey Hart and Franchez Pitts have yet to pick up their first scholarship offers. However, if the number of college coaches visiting and calling the last few weeks is any indication, it's only a matter of time before they do.

"A coach from Memphis came by today. Coaches from UAB, Troy, Ole Miss, Alabama, Auburn and Arkansas have all been by," said Loachapoka head coach Jerome Tate. "A coach from Marshall is supposed to come Wednesday, and West Virginia has started sending some letters, too."

With the increased attention from college coaches, Tate said the offers could start to roll in in the summer.

"One told me that once (Hart) comes to camp they were going to offer," said Tate. "He said the head coach has seen his film, but wants to see him on the hoof before they offer him. He said Corey was the toughest he had seen on film."

While both Hart and Pitts play defensive back in high school, both could be making a move in college.

"Most of the coaches are thinking outside linebacker for Corey," said Tate. "I'm getting that feeling. I think with his hitting ability and the way he can cover, a lot of them will look at him at the will position."

As for Pitts, Tate said the 6-foot-3, 198-pounder recently received calls from Alabama and Ole Miss.

"I know Bama and Ole Miss called Franchez. They are looking at him more as a strong safety," said Tate. "I know Bama and Ole Miss are showing the most interest."

Hart, a 6-foot-1, 205-pounder, and Pitts will both be in Gainesville for the NIKE combine. Afterwards, Tate said the duo and himself will sit down and discuss what other camps to attend.

"I'm not sure on camps. We're going to talk this week. They're going to the Gainesville NIKE camp and then we're going to talk about where we're going to go. I know Auburn, Alabama and Ole Miss," he said.