PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Coordinator Needed @ Troy University

ksdtrojan
09-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Why will Fleetwood not run the ball with Betterson? Why does he insist on throwing the ball on 1st and 2nd down putting us in 3rd and long situations? I don't understand what is going on with the play selection. I know I don't know everything about what these cooaches go through making split decisions in game situations but DeWhitt only had 5 carries for 27 yards in the 1st half. I believe if I were QB I'd check off to a running play to get the ball in DeWhitt's hands. If the coaches are calling for DeWhitt to get the ball and Leak is checking to a pass play then Leak needs to go. If Fleetwood is calling these ridiculous plays on 1st and 2nd down then he needs to go. We could have and should have won this game. Don't get me wrong I think the team played well as a whole but if the Trojans are going to win the Sunbelt they have to establish a run game quickly. I would like to some thoughts on this. Am I the only one who is noticing the poor play calling on 1st and 2nd down?

Keep building the program. Win the Sunbelt.

ksdtrojan
09-25-2004, 09:35 PM
Play action pass when you have not established the run, what is that? Isn't the point of play action pass to get the D to bite on the run then beat them with pass? I just don't get the play calling. :(

Anonymous
09-26-2004, 12:25 AM
Betterson carried the ball only 12 times tonight. Enough said.

matttsu40
09-26-2004, 11:00 PM
No one was complaining when Fleetwood called a great game against MISSOURI! Its a group effort, everyone needs to do better, try harder TROY! WITH LOVE, NO HATE! GO TROY!

faithintsu
09-27-2004, 09:44 AM
I will be the first too complain of the play calling in the MU game. We did win yes, but we were lucky as can be in that game. Leak only made one good play too Samples. And that was a great catch by Samples!!

We did not play well that not on Offense, it was more luck and fate that got us that game. Fleetwood was calling the same "set" of plays every set of downs, I was in the stands and knew exactly what was coming every single time.

So unfortunately I have too disagree with ya there, Fleetwood has too go.

ksdtrojan
09-27-2004, 06:55 PM
In the Mizzou game I thought the play calls on 1st and 2nd down got us into the same problems. No team can survive in constant and consistent 3rd and long situations. Consider the plays that got us back in that game. A Wide Receiver pass from Sample to Richardson (Maybe Samples could play QB, He is more accurate than Leak. JUST KIDDING) and a fumble that just happened to bounce into the air to Junior who just happened to run 63 yards for the score. I'll give him the call on the final TD of the game and the great catch in the endzone by Samples. If you take away the two fluke plays though both were the results of hustle and determination the overall offensive play calling has left a lot to be desired. We play smash mouth football on Defense and then we try to tip-toe past the other defenses. I don't know but I don't think I would tip-toe through any defense in D-1A. I vote for smash mouth, hit you 'til you break, offensive football and with Betterson gaining 4.25 yards per carry against the Cocks and moving the pile every time he hits it that's what he wants too. (4.25 yds/carry x 3 downs = 12.75 yards AKA first down.) It is almost as if no offensive scheme was planned to best utilize the talents of the Trojans. I'm not hating just stating my observations and many Trojans agree with me.

Just My Opinion