PDA

View Full Version : Who did we miss?

tntrojan
02-01-2006, 07:26 PM
I count two players on the home page that are not on the school's official list (Kevin Bray and Leon Berry). Are we out of scholarships? Did these guys go elsewhere? What about the big surprise mentioned in an earlier thread? Who was that supposed to be?
Getting excited about next fall!

CattouseFan
02-01-2006, 07:27 PM
I dont know about Berry but I had had my doubts about Bray. The Montgomery Advertiser never mentioned him, and they were the ones talking to the coaches the most.

Tums
02-01-2006, 07:53 PM
What about the big surprise mentioned in an earlier thread? Who was that supposed to be?
Getting excited about next fall!
Troy signed Christopher Bradwell (4 star DL #11 on Juco top 100 Players by Rivals) :)
Dantrell Savage (4 star RB #16 on Juco top 100 Players by Rivals) Chose Oklahoma State over Troy. :(
C. J. Johnson (3 star DL #53 on Juco top 100 Players by Rivals) Chose Southern Miss Over Troy. :(

From what I here Troy was in the mix up until the end.

Troy87
02-01-2006, 09:59 PM
I was really hoping Dantrell Savage might be a surprise for us today, especially with Kilow de-committing.

Coach Blakeney was on Southern Sports Tonight this afternoon and said there were still a couple of stragglers out there we approached, but no one really expected to be a surprise.

BMarkey
02-02-2006, 02:35 AM
Does anyone know what happened with Corey Silcox?

He was here and high on Troy, then on the FAU board and high on the Owls (and FIU) ... then nothing.

Word now at FAU is he wasn't offered there.

He wrote to me to say thanks for some nice posts. He seemed to be articulate and intent on playing hard.

What happened between the sending of video, phone interviews and the on-campus visit that killed this kid's shot?

See:

http://fausports.proboards25.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=all&thread=1138562423&page=1

pkf4troy
02-02-2006, 04:25 AM
I find nothing on him on rivals nor scout. I found a page that showed his schools that he was interested in but no LOI anywhere. I also checked the JC signings and nothing...... Man I hope this kid signed somewhere. Seemed to have a good head on his shoulders

CattouseFan
02-02-2006, 08:47 AM
I think he is going to wait a little longer to decide.

Trojan2003
02-02-2006, 11:35 AM
I dont know about Berry but I had had my doubts about Bray. The Montgomery Advertiser never mentioned him, and they were the ones talking to the coaches the most.

It looks like Kevin Bray decided to go to Valdosta State.

Moultrie Observer

[...]

Brown and Packers fans will be familiar with at least two of the other Valdosta State defensive back signees.

Tift County’s Larry Dean will join the Blazers, as will Maurice Mann, of Americus-Sumter County, who intercepted a pass when the Panthers and Packers met last fall.

The other defensive back signees are Carlos Anderson of Hoover, Ala.; Kevin Bray of Reedley Junior College and Greenville; and Erode Jean, a transfer from East Carolina.

[...]

http://www.moultrieobserver.com/sports/local_story_032222300.html?keyword=topstory

VSU's 2006 recruiting class (Bray is listed there): http://www.valdosta.edu/athletics/football/index.html