PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Has Us Ranked 80th

WeSuck.com
01-31-2006, 11:59 PM
Not bad. 1st in the Belt by a long shot and 9 spots ahead of Marshall. In fact we would rank 2nd in CUSA, 2nd in the WAC, 4th in the MAC and ahead of Indiana (82), UConned (101), Skincinnati (116), Wyoming (81), BYU (83), TCU (93).

And this is before more big news tomorrow. My source has been right on about 90% of the stuff they have told me. These guys haven't played a down yet, so it doesn't mean a thing, but it's nice to think our talent pool is getting larger.

With the addition of Geathers, can we start thinking about maybe DE U.?

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/rankings?id=37

80 Troy
91 Florida Intl
98 North Texas
Arkansas State
103 Middle Tenn. St.
104 La Lafayette
119 Louisiana Monroe
121 Fla Atlantic

FYI: The ESPN Insider page is outstanding, right colors, write up on a ton of our potential signees - even lists the main campus enrollment at "4,602" which sounds about right and much better than 27,302!!!!

CattouseFan
02-01-2006, 12:03 AM
I have insider too and I don't think it is all that great. I know it is their first time doing this and they have done a great job so far, but it fails in comparison to rivals and scout, especially in player evaluations. Rivals and Scout don't write many article about Troy recruiting, but overall they are far better than ESPN is right now.

CattouseFan
02-01-2006, 12:09 AM
Oh and by the way I think Troy will finish about 68-75 in most rankings. Don't compare those rankings to last years because Troy had 32 commitments last year and they will have fewer this year. The quality of recruits this year is far better than it was last year. I remember Blakeney saying a year ago that if the kids that just signed went out onto a football field it would be a mess. One or two of the recruits last year had never played football before. The kids that have committed this year know the game of football, and about 8 of them have played JUCO football.

WeSuck.com
02-01-2006, 12:15 AM
But as opposed to Rivals and Scout ESPN at least lists most of our commits. Which tells me they are trying a lot harder to follow all DI schools, not just those who they think are greater than the rest.

CattouseFan
02-01-2006, 12:18 AM
Have you checked out CSTV.com They have almost all of our commitments listed, including the grey-shirts from last year. The only problem is they don't have any info. I had found out about two people committing this year from that site alone. I don't know how they found out about Cedric McKinley committing before anyone else, but they did.

WeSuck.com
02-01-2006, 12:23 AM
For God's sake, I have to go to bed.

It's 11:30PM and I am up talking on a message board about recruiting. I have officially turned into a troll.

CattouseFan
02-01-2006, 12:27 AM
Its only 12:30 here. :)

Nice Trojan
02-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Making no sense at all.........we may be ranked #80, but take a look at some of these rankings.

18. Princeton 1 recruit
23. William and Mary 1 recruit
30. New Hampshire 1 recruit
34. Air Force 2 recruits
49. Grambling 1 recruit

Those recruits must be STUDS to get theri class ranked that high on one recruit. So, with that computer glitch or whatever, we should be #75 or so.

CattouseFan
02-01-2006, 07:42 PM
They do it by the average grade of a teams players. It is a terrible way to rank teams, because like you said it doesn't make any sense.