PDA

View Full Version : FIU Recruits

Nice Trojan
01-24-2006, 10:38 PM
FIU just snagged three Niceville players. All three were first team 5A All State in Florida and they are about to get a 4th Niceville player. He is a 2nd team 5A All State and was 1st team All State in 2003 and 2004. This was one of the best teams NHS has ever had and went to the state semifinals only to lose to eventual NATIONAL champion Lakeland by a mere 4 yards.

These guys are a great pick-up for FIU. I salute them for getting these guys. I think our recruits are better indiviually, but anytime you can get a group of guys that have been playing together and kicking butt together for that long, it is a great pick-up.

Troy87
01-25-2006, 09:40 AM
Nice Trojan,

I agree with your assessment. I think individually, we have gotten better recruits than the three Niceville players FIU is getting. I think Fraites would have been an excellent recruit for us a year or so ago, but with what has happened this recruiting year, in particular with Haugabook, Williams and Silvoy, I think we have surpassed the capabilities those guys could offer.

As you point out though, the group as a whole may bring more to the table than the individuals do. I also understand that Tony Nathan is still up here today looking for more.

BMarkey
01-25-2006, 12:37 PM
Tony Nathan gets around. I met him down here at a Royal Palm Beach High game (Note to Troy coaches: RPBHS has a pair or great backs who will graduate next year and the year after.). He's very cordial for a football star.

FIU really came on late in the season and probably could have beaten any SunBelt team. Both FIU and FAU are starting to pick up some good recruits as Don Strock and Howard Schnellenberger make their home visits. FAU just got some good defensemen, OLs and an excellent QB from north Florida.

WeSuck.com
01-25-2006, 05:39 PM
You heard it here first, FIU will be contending for the SunBelt Championship as early as next year.

BMarkey
01-25-2006, 06:59 PM
FIU loses a lot of seniors, like FAU did last year. So ...

FAU should be much better.

Nice Trojan
01-28-2006, 08:29 PM
FIU picked up their third Niceville commitment. Devon Freeman, the NHS running back committed. They are still looking at a NHS lineman. FIU is just going to become Niceville University.

Troy87
01-28-2006, 09:03 PM
At least they can carpool back and forth from NW FL to S FL.

Larry Grant
01-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Niceville had a great football team this year. In the Florida State 5A semi-finals, they took the #1 high school team in the nation, the Lakeland Dreadnaughts, to the wire. It was the closest game Lakeland had all year. These kids are players. I didn't see the game, but I watched two of Lakeland's games this year and of course saw them the past three years with my son. They are good. This is a great pickup for FIU. Just saw where FIU signed a two-year series with Tennessee starting in 2007.