PDA

View Full Version : Last Years Bunch

Swordsman
01-24-2006, 10:44 AM
I too think this years recruiting is shaping up great, but I just wanted to know if anyone had some info on last years bunch. What about Brandon Lang? I know someone recently asked about him, but I don't think anyone responded. If they did I did not see that response. Also what happed to Hayes, C. Jones, A. Jones, Kinchen, Pinchon, and Thomas? Just wanted to know if they were still with us or not. Thanks.

CattouseFan
01-24-2006, 11:14 AM
I just found an article saying that Brandon Lang never signed a LOI last year. He enrolled as a regular student.

This article is from May 2005

Just when you think you know what's going on in recruiting, here comes another curve ball. A player thought to be signed sealed and delivered already is back on the market, and he's looking to have a decision made by this June.

Brandon Lang originally signed with Georgia as part of the Class of 2004, but he didn't make a qualifying test score and went to Hargrave Military Academy.

Lang left Hargrave and enrolled at Troy University in January where he was announced as a member of the Troy's Class of 2005. Only one big asterisk there though... he never signed a Letter of Intent.

"No, I didn't sign any letters or anything," said Lang. "I just enrolled as a regular student. I got a qualifying test score now, and I'm trying to decide if I'm going back to Troy, or if I'm going to Georgia."

"My Coach has been in touch with Georgia, and they said they would love to have me back. Troy really wants me back too. It's up in the air right now. I'm going to try and make a decision in the middle of June or something. I'm not going to rush it; I just want to make sure I make the right decision."

Lang is an impressive athlete, and was rated as a four star defensive end by Scout.com. He was Hargrave's main weapon as a pass catching tight end, but he has the skills to play on either side of the ball.

Georgia, where he originally signed? Troy, where he's spent the past five months?

btrojan
01-24-2006, 11:48 AM
If he qualified in May 2005 he would have been on last years team, wouldn't he? If any one knows his status please update the rest of us. I am assuming he will not be part of the 2006 plans since his name never comes up.

TUTrojan
01-24-2006, 12:04 PM
I don't have any information, but my hunch was that his fate was tied to DT. I think they were buddies. No DT, no Brandon. Hopefully he comes back, but his comments in that article were not promising.

Too bad if that is the case, but we'll find somebody to do the job. We aren't called "Defensive End U" for nothing you know...

Swordsman
01-25-2006, 02:39 PM
Any info on those other kids that I mentioned from last year?