PDA

View Full Version : A Troy Rivals Site

CattouseFan
01-12-2006, 10:23 PM
I just wanted to know who would subscribe to a Troy Rivals site if it is created in the future. I might, and I say might, be starting a rivals site with one of my friends. Also I might, and I say might again, be needing help from someone in the Troy area because distance from campus is an issue for me. I just thought I would throw it out there and see what everyone thinks.

WeSuck.com
01-12-2006, 10:50 PM
They seem to have a good data base for recruiting. I'm not too keen on having 3 or 4 message boards. I pesonally think thetrojannation.com is/was? a great source for information.

To answer your question, I would IF the dang recruiting page would be kept up to date and they stop treating us like the after thought we usually are. I don't understand how Kansas State has 1 3-star QB committed and get ranked in the top 15 for QB's and we have a 4-star enrolled in school and we are like 94th or something like that.

CattouseFan
01-12-2006, 11:19 PM
I appreciate the feedback. If we were running the site it would be kept up to date. I give you my word on that. You already know how hard I work to keep everyone up to date on here.

BMarkey
01-13-2006, 01:05 AM
The TrojanNation is/was a great information source. So was the magazine two years ago.

But it costs money to really cover the sports and get the tidbits and newsy items between the games - the stuff we don't get in the newspapers, the stuff we get parts of unofficially and sometimes incorrectly on these boards.

That means sponsors/advertisers are a must. Sales people are needed, as are Web designers, photographers, as well as writers, etc. Would enough people buy a subscription to a Webzine for Troy? Would the articles then just be copied and pasted for everyone else to read for free?

If I lived near Troy, I would be involved. An independently wealthy BMarkey would just travel around and cover this stuff. :)

TU/JSU Fan
01-13-2006, 08:20 AM
I would be interested in helping out if you need someone in Troy for some things.. I would also subscribe to a Troy rivals site especially for recruiting info. We don't get enough (other than here).

MB

Trojan2003
01-13-2006, 01:07 PM
Excellent idea. I think I would subscribe as long as I could find plenty of exclusive information there.

bigguyonright
01-13-2006, 04:08 PM
i would subscribe, and if you need someone in troy for stuff i would be glad to help out. im a student on campus at troy, and could help in any way possible

faithintsu
01-14-2006, 10:21 AM
If you guys remembered I placed a poll up about moving GoTroyTrojans.Com to rivals and making a Troy Rivals site - but everyone voted it down and said they did not want it.

I personally am for it and think it could be done if handaled correctly, but this site is for the fans and since nobody else wanted it, I decided to keep it were it was.