PDA

View Full Version : Paid subscription?

Bubba the Trojan
07-23-2014, 08:52 PM
I see a message at the top of the page which reads " the next step is to purchase a paid subscription so you can post on the forums".

Is GTT.COM going to become a pay to post site and if so what will the cost be?

Bubba the Trojan
07-23-2014, 09:00 PM
Never mind, I just saw the answer to my question appear as an announcement on the Football Forum page.

TrojanWarrior418
07-26-2014, 02:27 PM
Not that I'm complaining about buying a subscription but how many people will do that? It would be bad to buy a subscription and have no one to talk with.

TroyDrum89
07-26-2014, 09:33 PM
Not that I'm complaining about buying a subscription but how many people will do that? It would be bad to buy a subscription and have no one to talk with.

To be honest, I probably will not be buying a subscription. I understand that there is a cost to running sites such as these, but I am not a frequent enough poster to justify me paying just to post a comment and/or thread every once in a while. I will enjoy reading the discussions here, but I kinda get a feeling that there will be more like me and there'll be a drop in posts. And who knows, maybe that's a good thing... maybe the frequency of posts will go down, but the quality of discussions will go up. By the way, I am not at all complaining about the subscription... just explaining my reasons for not paying.

Go Trojans!

TrojanWarrior418
07-27-2014, 12:03 AM
How about this, I'll pay for a subscription if others say they'll do the same (pay if others promise to do too). Lets get a tally on people who will commit if other do as well.

AndrewMichaelDunn
07-27-2014, 04:26 PM
I'm down with paying if that's the way things work

TrojanFanatic
07-27-2014, 07:07 PM
I'm honestly not sure if I'll buy a subscription or not.....just depends on my money situation

TFan
07-28-2014, 10:33 AM
Been around too long to realize ya don't get something for nothing. I miss the info and chat.

PAID!

Psitech
07-28-2014, 12:19 PM
I'm in as well. PAID

Troy79
07-28-2014, 12:38 PM
I'm in as well. PAID

I am fully on board for their to be funding available for GTT.com to support the cause, it was tough over the past few months not having access to this board. My recommendation would be to either pay the fee required OR allow all Trojan Warriors members to pay a bit extra as part of our annual membership fee (say $25 per year above the current minimum of $100) and then any of the extra money could be used to promote our site at various school functions to attract new membership for both the board and the TW program. Just a thought but I had rather just include it with my annual check to the Athletic Department which could potentially help to increase Trojan Warrior membership as well. I am pretty sure the AD would be fine with moving the supplemental monies out of the TW account into the GTT.com bucket.

It is good to be back chatting with my fellow Troy brothers and sisters!

Go TROY!

Burn the Horse
07-30-2014, 09:52 PM
Think of this way fellas, if you want to tell Burn the Horse how wrong he is about everything...Ya gotta pony up. So, let's all do our part and help Keith keep this place afloat.

Troy has the best fans in the Sun Belt, I'm sure we will see an outpouring of support very soon. Our core members will not let something as trivial as a small fee keep them from posting their opinions on GTT.

March On Ya'll.

Hemi Man
07-31-2014, 08:52 AM
My concern is, that now it appears that we are going to have 3 Troy message boards. How many people are going to pay when there are other options out there for free?

DedicatedTrojan84
08-01-2014, 10:59 AM
:thumb:

TrojanFan2
08-02-2014, 11:35 AM
People will go to the cheaper option

Troy87
08-04-2014, 09:11 AM
I understand the issues with the subscription aspect of GTT, however, to reduce ad saturation, and to eliminate the spamming that has been occurring the last couple years, it was necessary.
Also, the cost to fix what the last website host did when they moved us to new servers, and to upgrade the message board software, was not cheap.
I think the added content available on the front page is more than you can find anywhere else, and if there is specific content GTT members would like to see more of, I'll be glad see what I can do.
We also have the live chat area, which gets used often on game days.
And, if GTT is supported, there will be more features to come.

Keith

TFan
08-05-2014, 10:58 PM
I'm down with paying if that's the way things work

No surprise there buddy. See ya.

pelliott
08-09-2014, 08:29 PM
This site is well worth the paid subscription! And that spam stuff was getting very bad. Glad it's back and Go Trojans!

TrojanWarrior418
08-10-2014, 12:18 PM
It's official....I'm paid up. Hope more people decide to join in.

Pcbtrojan
08-11-2014, 06:50 AM
Paid

RDA Trojan
08-12-2014, 11:01 AM

I'm in. I've missed this place over the summer.

DedicatedTrojan84
08-12-2014, 03:52 PM
Still do not think this is a good idea.

Troytrojan2009
08-12-2014, 04:56 PM
My concern is, that now it appears that we are going to have 3 Troy message boards. How many people are going to pay when there are other options out there for free?

Didn't know we had 2 other boards. What are the URLs?

DedicatedTrojan84
08-13-2014, 10:36 AM
Best one is http://troyfans.com/forum

TrojanWarrior418
08-13-2014, 01:14 PM
I know people are hesitant to spend money but come on it's less than $2.00 a month. I think it's worth that alone to get rid or the spammers and flammers. Plus we get the chatroom on top of that. I'm sticking with the one that brought me to the dance.

jagd1305
08-15-2014, 05:25 PM
I'm not sure if I'll be coming back much. There was a lot of angst here previously and I was really disappointed in what I read. Besides, I'm an old fan going back to the 1960's with family involvement with this community and university from the beginning. I'm a bit dated for these message boards.
Good luck with it and I wish everyone well!

TrojanWarrior418
08-16-2014, 10:41 AM
I'm not sure if I'll be coming back much. There was a lot of angst here previously and I was really disappointed in what I read. Besides, I'm an old fan going back to the 1960's with family involvement with this community and university from the beginning. I'm a bit dated for these message boards.
Good luck with it and I wish everyone well!

So the solution to the problem is to go over to the other board -- where it's made up of the exact same people who posted all the negative stuff here which you didn't like to read.

jagd1305
08-16-2014, 01:43 PM
So the solution to the problem is to go over to the other board -- where it's made up of the exact same people who posted all the negative stuff here which you didn't like to read.

Please read what I wrote again. Carefully...and thanks for the validation!

Have a great day!

TrojanWarrior418
08-16-2014, 10:34 PM
Oh I will have a good day. This is America you have the right to be a hypocrite. Enjoy your time over there I sure hope no one posts anything you disagree with otherwise you won't have any else place to go.

CardinalBlackTrojan
08-16-2014, 10:36 PM
I hate to leave GTT after being a member almost 10 years, but one of my favorite things to do here was enjoy a lot of the friendly banter we get from posters from UAB, ULL, ULM, and sometimes the SEC teams that we play. It was always very interesting and sometimes comical. They will never post on here anymore. Yeah, there were a few crazy ones who would always start flame wars, but they were usually dealt with swiftly by moderators.

The subscription isn't a problem for me personally, but I like the idea of the free/open board where we can hear the opinions of another school's fans. I also fear it would possibly limit the registration of some unknown/new Troy fans who simply can't fit a subscription in his/her budget, even if the monthly price does make it seem cheap.

Sadly and unfortunately, I probably won't visit here anymore. Many Trojans have sort of settled in to Troyfans.com now... not that I prefer it.

jagd1305
08-17-2014, 12:30 AM
Oh I will have a good day. This is America you have the right to be a hypocrite. Enjoy your time over there I sure hope no one posts anything you disagree with otherwise you won't have any else place to go.

Sadly, I see your reading comprehension skills are terribly challenged. I never said anything about going to other message boards. My life is such that time spent on message boards and leisure computer time is something my career cannot facilitate at this time. Dealing with municipal governments and public service commissions in multiple states across 3 time zones and company operations in such is just too demanding to delight in your mesmerizing yet intellectually unfortunate banter. It's called a career and too often it seeps well into the evening hours and on weekends altering time spent with my family. To disagree on message boards is a fact of life. Suffering the silliness of disagreeable creatures such as yourself is optional. My time is too valuable and limited to waste. As for hypocrisy, you are correct. I am indeed a hypocrite. People like me never squander the priceless resource of time on those such as you. Again, thanks for the validation of my decision!

TrojanWarrior418
08-17-2014, 11:15 AM
Sadly, I see your reading comprehension skills are terribly challenged. I never said anything about going to other message boards. My life is such that time spent on message boards and leisure computer time is something my career cannot facilitate at this time. Dealing with municipal governments and public service commissions in multiple states across 3 time zones and company operations in such is just too demanding to delight in your mesmerizing yet intellectually unfortunate banter. It's called a career and too often it seeps well into the evening hours and on weekends altering time spent with my family. To disagree on message boards is a fact of life. Suffering the silliness of disagreeable creatures such as yourself is optional. My time is too valuable and limited to waste. As for hypocrisy, you are correct. I am indeed a hypocrite. People like me never squander the priceless resource of time on those such as you. Again, thanks for the validation of my decision!

Aren't we all high and mighty. I work in a fast-pace, high-stress field as well and yeah I manage to pop on over here from time to time. And yes I disagree with people but notice how I just generated new life into a board that was dead by pointing out heading over to the other board wouldn't be much different than here. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that....I guess your Alzheimer's is starting to kick in. Hurry up and get your shots in at me while you can otherwise *gasp* you'll have to spend at least $6.00 to call me a troll.

Spiritual_Trojan
08-17-2014, 04:29 PM
Aren't we all high and mighty. I work in a fast-pace, high-stress field as well and yeah I manage to pop on over here from time to time. And yes I disagree with people but notice how I just generated new life into a board that was dead by pointing out heading over to the other board wouldn't be much different than here. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that....I guess your Alzheimer's is starting to kick in. Hurry up and get your shots in at me while you can otherwise *gasp* you'll have to spend at least $6.00 to call me a troll.

Maybe if you had one of two things their reply would not have been necessary and they are as follows 1) if you had better reading compression skills as the poster stated 2) if you had a scrap of humility and class you could have just gracefully disagreed with their position even if your poor reading comprehension precluded the possibility of your understanding that they were stating that they were not longer or at least very rarely going to post on any board.

Also a good question would be why would anyone want have to pay $6 to be insulted by someone who didn't take the time to properly read a post and jumped to conclusions? Yes its pretty much the same people on the other boards but you don't have to pay to be insulted there.

TrojanWarrior418
08-17-2014, 05:20 PM
My comprehension is just fine. I'm just sick of people whining. Lets get some people on here and get to talking.