PDA

View Full Version : Well, We Officially $u<k At Everything

WeSuck.com
03-29-2014, 11:11 PM
Lose first two games to GaState. This team is barely above .500. The chick baseball team is wallering around .500.

Both basketball teams stunk and the football team was upset they didn't get a bowl bid for a dismal 6-6 record.

About the only thing we had going good was the rodeo team and they dropped that.

I never thought we would become NELa, but we have.

And this is more than not having an Endzone project.

WeSuck.com
03-30-2014, 08:13 AM
I hope they post the introduction videos from last nights induction so we can remember when were good at everything.

redwaver
03-30-2014, 10:38 AM
Lose first two games to GaState. This team is barely above .500. The chick baseball team is wallering around .500.

Both basketball teams stunk and the football team was upset they didn't get a bowl bid for a dismal 6-6 record.

About the only thing we had going good was the rodeo team and they dropped that.

.......and Aunt Bee was a control freak, Barney was a humiliation to law enforcement, Andy was an over bearing parent, Opie was a nurd and Roy and Gene were lousy shots who couldn't kill anyone and Rambo is a killer who couldn't miss! I feel your pain my friend but try to find dome sunshine in it all. Your are alive and well and able to get frustrated. There ARE worse things!:laughing021::eatdrink004::thumb:

dgoebel
03-30-2014, 03:15 PM

It has been a frustrating 2013-14 sports year for sure. Football with a 6-6 record so far is the highlight. Volleyball, soccer, men's BB and women's BB all had losing records. Softball will probably finish below .500. Still hopeful for baseball. A lot of improvement for sure is needed across the board. Hopeful for brighter days next year.

redwaver
03-30-2014, 03:51 PM
It has been a frustrating 2013-14 sports year for sure. Football with a 6-6 record so far is the highlight. Volleyball, soccer, men's BB and women's BB all had losing records. Softball will probably finish below .500. Still hopeful for baseball. A lot of improvement for sure is needed across the board. Hopeful for brighter days next year.

It took years for our BB teams to drop to the levels Coach Rigby and Coach Cunningham found us in, we won't get out in one or two years!! Coach Rigby, in my opinion, has her girls headed in the right direction. Time will tell about Coach Cunningham but he deserves patients. I'm sure Coach Pierce is surprised at our Baseball record but he is a good one so hopefully he rights that ship. Heck, we've lost 7 by one run so it could easily be a different season. Our problem was we waited too long to make the needed changes.

WeSuck.com
03-30-2014, 05:45 PM
It took years for our BB teams to drop to the levels Coach Rigby and Coach Cunningham found us in

"Years"? We won the regular season title and went to the NIT in 2010. I'm all for Cunningham, but as the real years go by Maestri's accomplishments with limited resources will seem even more impressive.

WeSuck.com
04-06-2014, 06:50 AM
We have just become a bad joke.

AndrewMichaelDunn
04-06-2014, 10:59 AM
We have just become a bad joke.

True true

...im sure something(s)/someone(s) can save us...

dgoebel
04-06-2014, 10:05 PM
Looking at the difference in Troy and ULL in athletics it is alarming. ULL worst performing sport was womens basketball with a 14-16 record. sunbelt champs in football, basketball had a very good year, #2 in the country in baseball, nationally ranked softball team that made it to the World Series two years ago. We better look at what they are doing because what we are doing currently isn't working. If baseball finishes below .500 we will have every sport for the 2013-14 sports year at .500 (football) or below (volleyball, soccer, men's and women's basketball, softball) baseball??? Drastic improvement is needed and hopefully we get it soon. It is frustrating watching a once proud athletics program struggle right now.

trojanbrutha
04-07-2014, 07:10 AM
Looking at the difference in Troy and ULL in athletics it is alarming. ULL worst performing sport was womens basketball with a 14-16 record. sunbelt champs in football, basketball had a very good year, #2 in the country in baseball, nationally ranked softball team that made it to the World Series two years ago. We better look at what they are doing because what we are doing currently isn't working. If baseball finishes below .500 we will have every sport for the 2013-14 sports year at .500 (football) or below (volleyball, soccer, men's and women's basketball, softball) baseball??? Drastic improvement is needed and hopefully we get it soon. It is frustrating watching a once proud athletics program struggle right now.

What exactly do you mean by once proud? By my estimations, JH has placed the right coaches in place and recently added support staff members to augment his vision. I read last night the WBB coach was tweeting back and forth with her players that their goal is to reach the final four. There are several coaches that are fairly new and they deserve the time to put the pieces in place to do the things that they were hired to do. Fawning all over a school that has had recent success is unnecessary. Give credit where it's due and keep it moving.

dgoebel
04-07-2014, 07:22 AM
What exactly do you mean by once proud? By my estimations, JH has placed the right coaches in place and recently added support staff members to augment his vision. I read last night the WBB coach was tweeting back and forth with her players that their goal is to reach the final four. There are several coaches that are fairly new and they deserve the time to put the pieces in place to do the things that they were hired to do. Fawning all over a school that has had recent success is unnecessary. Give credit where it's due and keep it moving.

ULL baseball and softball success is something worth looking at. Give credit where it is due :confused013: I hope we reach the final 4 but we need to have more than 2 road wins, a winning record and get past the first round of a conference tournament. Hope we do have the right coaches in place. I will continue to support my beloved school, but the facts currently are we aren't winning across the board. If that makes you proud :thumb:it doesn't me, I expect better.

trojanbrutha
04-07-2014, 07:37 AM
ULL baseball and softball success is something worth looking at. Give credit where it is due :confused013: I hope we reach the final 4 but we need to have more than 2 road wins, a winning record and get past the first round of a conference tournament. Hope we do have the right coaches in place. I will continue to support my beloved school, but the facts currently are we aren't winning across the board. If that makes you proud :thumb:it doesn't me, I expect better.

Where did I state that it makes me proud that athletics aren't better than they are? I am proud of the school as a whole, but am suspect of posters like you that shine a negative light and then, in the last sentence, but I'm a Trojan. Whether you feel you are or not, you come across to me as condescending and patronizing of what is being done to get this program back on track. Of course, that's jmo :thumb:

dgoebel
04-07-2014, 08:54 AM
Where did I state that it makes me proud that athletics aren't better than they are? I am proud of the school as a whole, but am suspect of posters like you that shine a negative light and then, in the last sentence, but I'm a Trojan. Whether you feel you are or not, you come across to me as condescending and patronizing of what is being done to get this program back on track. Of course, that's jmo :thumb:

So to be a True Trojan like you, you except everything :thumb: got it. It is great that we hear all this stuff is being done to turn the program around. What do you judge it? I look to past Trojan coaches who immediately turned programs around. Chan Gailey took over a 2-8 team and went 8-2 first season, Nat champs second season. Blakney took over from the Maddox years of 4-6, 4-6, 5-5 and with his second season went 10-1 and his third went to the 1-AA semi's. Coaches are hired to win and in cases like Troy currently they are hired to turn programs around. What time frame? 2 years, 5 years, 10 years?

My high school coach tool over a 0-10 team and in his first season went 8-2, second season State Champs, third season State champs. He also coached 30 years and never had a losing season. Coaches are paid to win. I hope you are right in that the programs are being turned around. Proof is in wins....period.

Cunnigham will need to show improvement next season as we actually did worse than Maestri's last season. Rigsby will need to show she can win in season three also. Softball has to show improvement also. Facilities are no longer the excuse, especially basketball, volleyball and softball. Time for Troy to get back to winning ways. Tradition is to great to except anything less.

I will always contribute to the Trojan Warrior Fund because I can't ever pay back what Troy did for me. However, it is difficult to get others to give when athletics isn't winning. All the world loves a winner is a true statement. I am hoping for a great 2014-15 sports year, we definetely need one.

trojanbrutha
04-07-2014, 12:15 PM
So to be a True Trojan like you, you except everything :thumb: got it. It is great that we hear all this stuff is being done to turn the program around. What do you judge it? I look to past Trojan coaches who immediately turned programs around. Chan Gailey took over a 2-8 team and went 8-2 first season, Nat champs second season. Blakney took over from the Maddox years of 4-6, 4-6, 5-5 and with his second season went 10-1 and his third went to the 1-AA semi's. Coaches are hired to win and in cases like Troy currently they are hired to turn programs around. What time frame? 2 years, 5 years, 10 years?

My high school coach tool over a 0-10 team and in his first season went 8-2, second season State Champs, third season State champs. He also coached 30 years and never had a losing season. Coaches are paid to win. I hope you are right in that the programs are being turned around. Proof is in wins....period.

Cunnigham will need to show improvement next season as we actually did worse than Maestri's last season. Rigsby will need to show she can win in season three also. Softball has to show improvement also. Facilities are no longer the excuse, especially basketball, volleyball and softball. Time for Troy to get back to winning ways. Tradition is to great to except anything less.

I will always contribute to the Trojan Warrior Fund because I can't ever pay back what Troy did for me. However, it is difficult to get others to give when athletics isn't winning. All the world loves a winner is a true statement. I am hoping for a great 2014-15 sports year, we definetely need one.

Nothing at all with being nostalgic, heck, I get that way about ol' flames sometimes when I hear old songs on the radio. You ask what does that have to do with anything? My thoughts exactly. As we move to the present day, we look at the MBB and WBB dilemma...at the FB$ level, fortunate. Facilities matter. We've had some good players, but nothing like we'll have in the coming years because of the building of a new arena. You continue to fail to get my point about money. It gets bigger programs into trouble when people like you "give" money and then want to impose your will because of that. I've given money before and I looked at it as trying to help, not gain a measure of control. So, we need to realize we're the role players and the AD are the stars...:thumb:

dgoebel
04-07-2014, 12:42 PM
Nothing at all with being nostalgic, heck, I get that way about ol' flames sometimes when I hear old songs on the radio. You ask what does that have to do with anything? My thoughts exactly. As we move to the present day, we look at the MBB and WBB dilemma...at the FB$ level, fortunate. Facilities matter. We've had some good players, but nothing like we'll have in the coming years because of the building of a new arena. You continue to fail to get my point about money. It gets bigger programs into trouble when people like you "give" money and then want to impose your will because of that. I've given money before and I looked at it as trying to help, not gain a measure of control. So, we need to realize we're the role players and the AD are the stars...:thumb:

I don't impose my will, if I could there would be some changes :thumb: money does matter and facilities matter also for sure. Today, recruits like the bling. We have the facilities now so now we need to recruit and translate these recruits into wins. Winning has to matter to recruits. No one wants to play on a losing team for the most part. What I hope is being done is selling recruits on three areas 1) first class facilities 2) the chance for early playing time and the chance to be part of the turn around 3) the scenic safe campus and ease of getting to class (more important to parents than you think).

I respect you very much as a supporter. There will always be those of us who will give, the challenge comes as how to grow and nothing makes alumni and supporters give like winning. The other problem arises as people give and don't see results and "the why bother" attitude arises. I can almost assure you if we can start to win again you will see the monetary support grow. Here is to a more successful 2014-15 year :eatdrink004: Go Troy!!

trojanbrutha
04-13-2014, 07:53 PM
This seems like a pretty good time to pull this thing out of the ditch...:thumb: