PDA

View Full Version : Umass

Troy_TroJans
03-26-2014, 08:18 PM
Idaho,New Mexico, and wait Massachusetts?

The sun belt might be getting a team from New England for football only!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/24501636/umass-football-program-leaving-mac-after-2015-season

dgoebel
03-26-2014, 09:01 PM
This makes no sense at all. It's bad enough that NMSU and Idaho both logistically is a nightmare and weakened the conference on a strength basis, now add UMass, arguably a worse team than Georgia State :confused013::confused013:

TFan
03-26-2014, 11:23 PM
This makes no sense at all. It's bad enough that NMSU and Idaho both logistically is a nightmare and weakened the conference on a strength basis, now add UMass, arguably a worse team than Georgia State :confused013::confused013:

At least Atlanta is actually IN the Sun Belt!!! And, a great venue for T-fans to attend. Massachussettes?? Can't even spell it much less find it???

SUNBELT?? You gotta be kidding!

Karl, you're NUTZ!

dgoebel
03-27-2014, 11:25 AM
At least Atlanta is actually IN the Sun Belt!!! And, a great venue for T-fans to attend. Massachussettes?? Can't even spell it much less find it???

SUNBELT?? You gotta be kidding!

Karl, you're NUTZ!

We know why you like Georgia State in the Belt.....it gives you a reason to go to The Varsity :thumb:

TFan
03-27-2014, 08:03 PM
We know why you like Georgia State in the Belt.....it gives you a reason to go to The Varsity :thumb:

AND, the appetizer and fine Pinot Noir that I experienced at The Regency last season was just the finishing touch to the Chlili Dog @ The V!!!

Whayya have!! Whayya have!!!

Hemi Man
03-27-2014, 09:01 PM
I just stuck a map of the United States in the mail addressed to Karl. I circled New Mexico, Idaho, and Massachusetts and noted that they do not fit into the geographical footprint of the Sun Belt.

Troy79
03-28-2014, 07:54 AM
I just stuck a map of the United States in the mail addressed to Karl. I circled New Mexico, Idaho, and Massachusetts and noted that they do not fit into the geographical footprint of the Sun Belt.

After reading statements from UMASS, it sounds like they are wanting to find a conference and remain as a D-1 school. I imagine if that is the case, they will only have two options, the American Athletic Conference (the old Big East) and the Sun Belt Conference. Saw this quote on ESPN:

"We are committed to FBS football and have been working with Carr Sports Consulting to examine future conference possibilities," university spokesman John Sinnett said. "We have been actively pursuing alternative options for conference alignment, but it is in the university's best interest not to speculate on those at this time."

If memory serves me correctly, Carr Sports Consulting was part of the AD search for Troy a couple of years back.

Will be interesting to see how Karl responds to your 'map' Hemi, my guess is he will just shorten our name to the 'Belt' as we appear to be wrapping ourselves from one end of the country to the other....

Go TROY!

dgoebel
03-28-2014, 08:02 AM
After reading statements from UMASS, it sounds like they are wanting to find a conference and remain as a D-1 school. I imagine if that is the case, they will only have two options, the American Athletic Conference (the old Big East) and the Sun Belt Conference. Saw this quote on ESPN:

"We are committed to FBS football and have been working with Carr Sports Consulting to examine future conference possibilities," university spokesman John Sinnett said. "We have been actively pursuing alternative options for conference alignment, but it is in the university's best interest not to speculate on those at this time."

If memory serves me correctly, Carr Sports Consulting was part of the AD search for Troy a couple of years back.

Will be interesting to see how Karl responds to your 'map' Hemi, my guess is he will just shorten our name to the 'Belt' as we appear to be wrapping ourselves from one end of the country to the other....

Go TROY!

The American Conference makes sense, especially basketball. They lose Lousiville so this would make sense. The school that needs out of this conference is UCF. With 60,000 students and unreal facilities, they should be in the ACC.