PDA

View Full Version : Large Troy crowd in Pensacola?

Doug4Troy
03-24-2014, 11:35 PM
Large Troy crowd expected to give Trojans ‘home field advantage’ in Pensacola

Special to The Messenger by Steve Barnes

"PENSACOLA, Fla. – It is unsure which team will bat first when Alabama takes on Troy tonight, but there is little doubt there will be a feel of a Trojans’ home game.

Fewer than 150 mile separate Troy from Pensacola and it has always had a large contingent of Trojans..."

Complete story: http://www.troymessenger.com/2014/03/24/large-troy-crowd-expected-to-give-trojans-home-field-advantage-in-pensacola/

Possum
03-25-2014, 09:24 AM
I hope we dominanate the pacaderms.

LAZebra
03-25-2014, 12:34 PM
I like our chances alot better at a neutral site than in tuscalooser!

dgoebel
03-25-2014, 02:15 PM
Great pitching...great defense....timely hitting. If we do those three we can play with anybody.

SOTStrumpet
03-25-2014, 04:05 PM
Will the game be televised tonight?

It might help if I actually read the whole article. I hope we have Cox Sports TV in Troy. Don't think we do...

Mr.E_205_Legion
03-25-2014, 06:51 PM
Will the game be televised tonight?

It might help if I actually read the whole article. I hope we have Cox Sports TV in Troy. Don't think we do...

Cox Sports Television. Do not know what area that covers.

redwaver
03-25-2014, 10:24 PM
First batter launched it and we led 1-0. After that only one hit through 7 innings. Lots of K's and UA hit one out with the sacks full with that gale wind. Great crowd (sell out- 5,038). Troy should do this again, GREAT publicity. West Florida would be a great mid week series. They play great baseball.

dgoebel
03-26-2014, 04:03 AM
First batter launched it and we led 1-0. After that only one hit through 7 innings. Lots of K's and UA hit one out with the sacks full with that gale wind. Great crowd (sell out- 5,038). Troy should do this again, GREAT publicity. West Florida would be a great mid week series. They play great baseball.

Why did we start a pitcher with no career starts against them??

redwaver
03-26-2014, 07:16 AM

Midweek games always get an inexperienced pitcher as a starter or at least one who will not be needed during the weekend series and that's understandable. I wanted to beat Alabama for several reasons but more than that it was a showcase game to an area that has tons of Troy Alum and plays great baseball and the stands were full of HS players from the area. Winning against them would have meant more than beating a Kennesaw state or a Northern Illinois.

FoulPolePhenom
03-26-2014, 09:00 AM

He had been throwing well out of the pen and they probably just wanted to give him a try there.

dgoebel
03-26-2014, 09:30 AM
Midweek games always get an inexperienced pitcher as a starter or at least one who will not be needed during the weekend series and that's understandable. I wanted to beat Alabama for several reasons but more than that it was a showcase game to an area that has tons of Troy Alum and plays great baseball and the stands were full of HS players from the area. Winning against them would have meant more than beating a Kennesaw state or a Northern Illinois.

Agreed :thumb:

Navarre Trojan
03-26-2014, 03:28 PM
Right call on the starting pitcher, "who cares, really" about the mid-weekk game vs. Alabama, IN MARCH? Some fans maybe? Players, for sure, but within limits. For me, it was an opportunity to play in a great venue, gets some ABs, and see what our offense could do. As for the season, we make our "money" on the weekends. With the #1 team in the country in our conference, you bet we need our weekend BEST to compete in the Sunbelt.

On a sde note, did anyone else catch the Troy STATE announcement? Good golly when wll folks do some home work???????

TrojanFanatic
03-26-2014, 06:09 PM
I know the starter and he can pitch, he's pitched well out of the pen and has pitched well in his career as well, including against some of our own before he transferred and during summer ball. He's coming off of an ACL tear last year and will only get better as the season progresses. :) The team will catch fire, they always do. Have faith Trojan fans!

LAZebra
03-26-2014, 09:31 PM
I know the starter and he can pitch, he's pitched well out of the pen and has pitched well in his career as well, including against some of our own before he transferred and during summer ball. He's coming off of an ACL tear last year and will only get better as the season progresses. :) The team will catch fire, they always do. Have faith Trojan fans!

I agree that he was a good choice to start. The gamble that did not work out was trying to get him through one more inning when Sullivan was ready to go. But, Coach Phillips and Coach Pierce know much more than I do and I will trust that they get it right nearly all the time. The grand slam was a little bit of a fluke with the wind, that is hard to work around.