trojanbrutha
03-20-2014, 02:24 PM
http://www.troytrojans.com/news/2014/3/20/FB_0320145821.aspx?path=football

Next coach at Troy?

Please don't start that rumor...:confused013:

newnan trojan
03-20-2014, 02:29 PM
I think Gene is fishing for a new job.

Blakeney retires, Chizik looks to get back into coaching. We run similar defense terminologies. It's possible.

trojanbrutha
03-20-2014, 02:31 PM

I think you're trying to strengthen your prediction that LB's gone after this season...

dgoebel
03-20-2014, 02:39 PM

Blakeney retires, Chizik looks to get back into coaching. We run similar defense terminologies. It's possible.

So we only hire Auburn coaches :confused013: I hope and pray that he never is our HC

newnan trojan
03-20-2014, 02:47 PM
I think you're trying to strengthen your prediction that LB's gone after this season...

Does it matter what I think?

I'm just stating that he payed a visit and gave suggestions in practice.

trojanbrutha
03-20-2014, 02:52 PM
So we only hire Auburn coaches :confused013: I hope and pray that he never is our HC

Well, I'm pretty sure the same was said of the current HC...when the time comes and if JH is still around, I'm confident that they'll bring in a great replacement.

preacher
03-20-2014, 03:59 PM

He isn't fishing here. Does Troy have strong ties to Auburn? You better believe it! Does Chizik have ties with many of the coaches? Yes. Could blakeney have mercy on him (being a coach and no where to go) and say something to the effect "yeah come on and sit in with us a little while we could use another opinion on defense."? That's more likely.

Blakeney isn't ready to throw the towel in and if we have a great season he is gonna be tempted to come back. I think he will be persuaded to hang up the whistle on top if we have a great season though. Better to retire with gas in the tank so you want rust.

Trojan by Birth
03-20-2014, 09:54 PM
My take on Chizik is this:

1. He does have a national championship as a head coach.
2. His head coaching record is less than stellar.
3. I will go with number 1 if he becomes our coach and number 2 if he doesn't.

onlytrojans
03-20-2014, 11:42 PM
I believe that Chizik has the same deal as the other coaches fired at Auburn....He collects the millions of dollars from Auburn unless he takes another coaching job...He can be a consultant but would not take a job here and give up the money from Auburn....I think he will collect the money for 7 years. I am not totally positive that this is the case but I do think I remember reading about his deal after he was fired.

DedicatedTrojan84
03-21-2014, 08:26 AM
?v=umDr0mPuyQc

BeachTrojan
03-21-2014, 09:29 AM
I'm Chizik ignorant and haven't followed his career. All I know was that he was at AU. Why is he no good and undesirable? Is it more than just not being a good coach? Having won a championship, I'd think there was a fair amount of coaching ability there. Is he underhanded in some way?

Possum
03-21-2014, 09:45 AM
He coached at Iowa State and was awful...

FoulPolePhenom
03-21-2014, 09:50 AM
He coached at Iowa State and was awful...

Who coaches at Iowa State and is good?

preacher
03-21-2014, 09:52 AM
I believe that Chizik has the same deal as the other coaches fired at Auburn....He collects the millions of dollars from Auburn unless he takes another coaching job...He can be a consultant but would not take a job here and give up the money from Auburn....I think he will collect the money for 7 years. I am not totally positive that this is the case but I do think I remember reading about his deal after he was fired.

Correct.

He's just hanging out with coaching friends. The man could coach a defense and I will take any friendly advice he can give.

DedicatedTrojan84
03-21-2014, 10:16 AM
Wingnut had the Lowder train shut down and money wasnt flowing on the plains. So, they brought in Dye's do-boy (Chizik), out bid MSU, and won a NC. Once investigated the bank was shut back down and his true abilities were exposed.

newnan trojan
03-21-2014, 12:11 PM
Who coaches at Iowa State and is good?

Wayne Bolt was DC there too if I remember correctly. Under chizik

FoulPolePhenom
03-21-2014, 01:50 PM

Right, I didn't mean that all their coaches are bad, I just meant who goes there and has a lot of success.

Hemi Man
03-21-2014, 04:48 PM

Bolt has only been successful at one place.

trojanbrutha
03-21-2014, 06:36 PM

Hopefully he can conjure up the past success...

dgoebel
03-21-2014, 08:29 PM
Hopefully he can conjure up the past success...

Hoping he can to :thumb:

trojanblood
03-22-2014, 12:59 PM
I just hope the offense, passing attack, doesn't suffer if the defense gets better.

trojanbrutha
03-22-2014, 01:28 PM
I just hope the offense, passing attack, doesn't suffer if the defense gets better.

Could you elaborate a little more...?

preacher
03-23-2014, 09:29 AM

He was the dc for 5 yrs at Troy, 3 yrs at Uab, 3 yrs at Iowa State.

trojanbrutha
03-23-2014, 11:22 AM
He was the dc for 5 yrs at Troy, 3 yrs at Uab, 3 yrs at Iowa State.

He's putting 2 & 2 together :eatdrink004:

thrl595
03-23-2014, 10:42 PM
No!!!! We can do much better than him

Really? :confused-smiley-004

preacher
03-24-2014, 10:35 AM
http://troytrojans.com/news/2014/3/20/FB_0320145821.aspx

Maybe this article clears it up. As I said earlier. Hanging out, talking ball. He is a great defensive guy.

trojanbrutha
03-24-2014, 01:58 PM
http://troytrojans.com/news/2014/3/20/FB_0320145821.aspx

Maybe this article clears it up. As I said earlier. Hanging out, talking ball. He is a great defensive guy.

No...the question is: what does and improved defense have to do with the offense?

preacher
03-24-2014, 02:36 PM
No...the question is: what does and improved defense have to do with the offense?

Oh. I thought the question was why he was there.

I guess the thought process is the temptation would be to run the ball more once we took the lead. I have news for you though. I think we will run the ball a great deal anyway. Look at our line and the backs. We would be insane not to run the ball if it is working with an inexperienced QB and unproven wr on the outside. Just my thoughts. We will be very balances at the start of the year.

Just a side note. If we had run the ball and the clock in the second half against lsu they would not have beat us. We would have been better off to take a knee, use every second of the clock, punt it deep, and play great defense than stop the clock as much as we did with the passing game. Understand the thought to keep doing what got you there but come on that would have been huge for our program. We had that game won and lost it. That is why in my opinion it is the worst loss in our FBS history.

I hope we get up big and then hand the ball of 75% of the time. So our passing offense won't rank as one of the top in the nation but who cares if we are winning. It was great to have a QB roll up stats like Corey but I guarantee you he would give all that away to have more WINS for the team. Great players are remembered for Wins. It is a shame that we didn't get more for Corey because he was a fantastic QB. Here is to a brighter future for the Troy defense.

redwaver
03-24-2014, 02:46 PM

I guess the thought process is the temptation would be to run the ball more once we took the lead. I have news for you though. I think we will run the ball a great deal anyway. Look at our line and the backs. We would be insane not to run the ball if it is working with an inexperienced QB and unproven wr on the outside. Just my thoughts. We will be very balances at the start of the year.

Just a side note. If we had run the ball and the clock in the second half against lsu they would not have beat us. We would have been better off to take a knee, use every second of the clock, punt it deep, and play great defense than stop the clock as much as we did with the passing game. Understand the thought to keep doing what got you there but come on that would have been huge for our program. We had that game won and lost it. That is why in my opinion it is the worst loss in our FBS history.

I hope we get up big and then hand the ball of 75% of the time. So our passing offense won't rank as one of the top in the nation but who cares if we are winning. It was great to have a QB roll up stats like Corey but I guarantee you he would give all that away to have more WINS for the team. Great players are remembered for Wins. It is a shame that we didn't get more for Corey because he was a fantastic QB. Here is to a brighter future for the Troy defense.

AMEN on the LSU game!!!😖it's been years and I'm still trying to get over that. We kept throwing the ball and stopping the clock or getting it intercepted. Screamed "run the d--n ball" so loud and so often at the computer I thought it was going to stop working!🔥👊

dgoebel
03-24-2014, 03:38 PM
AMEN on the LSU game!!!😖it's been years and I'm still trying to get over that. We kept throwing the ball and stopping the clock or getting it intercepted. Screamed "run the d--n ball" so loud and so often at the computer I thought it was going to stop working!🔥👊

We potentially could have the best OL we have had since 2009. It will be the deepest for sure. 12 OL with game experience, this is huge. And several of them are devastating run blockers.

trojanbrutha
03-24-2014, 03:48 PM

That would entail going away from The System and I don't foresee that happening. The run-game will be solid, but the tinkering with the offense needs to stay at a minimum.

dgoebel
03-24-2014, 04:16 PM
That would entail going away from The System and I don't foresee that happening. The run-game will be solid, but the tinkering with the offense needs to stay at a minimum.

We have 3 QB's that are very Mobil and Pruett is especially fast. This adds a new demension to the offense as zone read option will be more on the table, as it was with Deon. I am excited about this, it takes the load off the rb's all the time and now the D will have to account for the QB running the ball and not like it was in only when Deon was in the game. I can see us being a little more like Auburn and Oregon with this and the possibility of playing even faster.

preacher
03-24-2014, 04:22 PM
We have 3 QB's that are very Mobil and Pruett is especially fast. This adds a new demension to the offense as zone read option will be more on the table, as it was with Deon. I am excited about this, it takes the load off the rb's all the time and now the D will have to account for the QB running the ball and not like it was in only when Deon was in the game. I can see us being a little more like Auburn and Oregon with this and the possibility of playing even faster.

Exactly. The System should be score. We are going to look a lot like Okie State I believe. We may actually come out of some games running the ball 25% more if the read option is clicking. If we are ahead in the 4th look for a steady diet of the run.

troyboy2003
03-31-2014, 10:37 PM
Please no! His national championship was shown to be more the work of Gus Malzahn than him, I saw what he did at Iowa State and he was a train wreck with a Big XII school and budget. I don't know what he would do without those resources.