PDA

View Full Version : Troy vs Jax State: Tuesday March 18

Doug4Troy
03-17-2014, 09:04 PM
Troy Baseball Faces Jacksonville State to Open Homestand

http://www.troytrojans.com/images/2014/3/17/rp_primary_T.Hall2.jpg

"TROY, Ala. The Troy University baseball team returns to Riddle-Pace Field for a five-date homestand beginning Tuesday as the Trojans welcome Jacksonville State. First pitch is set for 6 p.m.

Troy (10-8, 1-1 SBC) saw one game against South Alabama rained out over the weekend. The teams split the other two games. Senior pitcher Tanner Hicks was rewarded for his effort in Friday night's win over the Jaguars as he was named Sun Belt Conference Pitcher of the Week on Monday. Hicks tossed a shutout in earning the victory.

The Trojans will resume a suspended game against Alabama State on Wednesday before playing a regularly scheduled nine-inning game with the Hornets. ULM will travel to Troy over the weekend..."

Complete Story: http://www.troytrojans.com/news/2014/3/17/BSB_0317140535.aspx

dgoebel
03-18-2014, 03:35 PM
WHUP JAX STATE!!!!! That never gets old :thumb:

pelliott
03-18-2014, 09:06 PM
Losing to anybody sucks but losing to Jax State - really sucks!
Pulling for this team to get it's mojo

Trojans1andAll
03-19-2014, 12:04 AM
Losing to anybody sucks but losing to Jax State - really sucks!
Pulling for this team to get it's mojo

I don't think Pierce tries very hard against in-state teams even when we have GREAT teams. It gets old.

redwaver
03-19-2014, 06:44 AM
I don't think Pierce tries very hard against in-state teams even when we have GREAT teams. It gets old.

I understand your frustration but it's a lot easier for a lower classification team yo best a DI baseball team than it is in say football or basketball. You see the Houston Astros beat the Yankees, Braves, Cardinals. Etc occasionally. Usually it has to do with pitching just like last night. 5 in the first is a BAD way to start.

Hemi Man
03-19-2014, 07:49 AM

It was a tough loss last night. Jax St is on the same level as we are in baseball. No lack of effort anywhere. This team is trying to find it's identity. A freshman and sophomore pitcher got roughed up a little early in the game and we couldn't muster enough offense to overcome it.

On the bright side none of our players were injured running off the field celebrating out three when it was actually only out two.

KirkLazarus
03-19-2014, 08:20 AM
Anyone else have trouble hearing the radio broadcast last night? Sometimes it was pretty clear and other times it was completely inaudible. Just wondering if it was my system or if everyone was having the same problem.

preacher
03-19-2014, 11:15 AM
Anyone else have trouble hearing the radio broadcast last night? Sometimes it was pretty clear and other times it was completely inaudible. Just wondering if it was my system or if everyone was having the same problem.

That was when the announcers were using language unbecoming for the Troy network. So they just put their hands over the mic.

Troy79
03-19-2014, 12:21 PM

I agree Kirk, it has happened several times this season and it is difficult to even hear at times, regardless how high the volume is turned up. It does get frustrating but at least we get the opportunity to hear the call of the game from two of the best!

Go TROY!

KirkLazarus
03-19-2014, 02:52 PM
I agree Kirk, it has happened several times this season and it is difficult to even hear at times, regardless how high the volume is turned up. It does get frustrating but at least we get the opportunity to hear the call of the game from two of the best!

Go TROY!

Yes they are... if they weren't I wouldn't care if I could hear them or not!! Ha!

TFan
03-20-2014, 10:30 PM
On the bright side none of our players were injured running off the field celebrating out three when it was actually only out two.:rollinglaugh::laughing021: