PDA

View Full Version : CSS going away

tntrojan
03-14-2014, 02:57 PM
This was in the Atlanta paper today. Says CSS is going away due to the SEC network. I know a lot of our games were on CSS. Any word on a new home for the Sun Belt?

"CSS reaches 5.5 million homes in 12 states.

CSS also runs Sun Belt Conference games (including those by Georgia State) that will have to find a new home.

Presumably, the SEC Network will take its place on those networks though nothing has been confirmed.

Comcast Sports Group runs a dozen regional sports networks across the country. CSS is the only one that lacks a professional sports team."

redwaver
03-14-2014, 03:05 PM
This was in the Atlanta paper today. Says CSS is going away due to the SEC network. I know a lot of our games were on CSS. Any word on a new home for the Sun Belt?

"CSS reaches 5.5 million homes in 12 states.

CSS also runs Sun Belt Conference games (including those by Georgia State) that will have to find a new home.

Presumably, the SEC Network will take its place on those networks though nothing has been confirmed.

Comcast Sports Group runs a dozen regional sports networks across the country. CSS is the only one that lacks a professional sports team."

Before they're are finished the Big Boys in the 5 major conferences will go everything they can do to eliminate the smaller conferences and the NCAA will help them do it!

Burn the Horse
03-15-2014, 06:20 PM
Even though this is not directly related to Troy football, I'm going to leave it here in this section. I feel it affects the team enough to discuss it in the Football Section.

This could prove disasterous for the Sun Belt if we cannot find at least an equivilant replacement. Not that CSS was the end all be all, but it DID broadcast a lot of Conference games in every sport.

Perhaps NBC Sports or Fox Sports 1? We got to do something if the Belt is going to continue to grow. The teams on the field are pulling their weight, we need the media side to catch up now.

thrl595
03-23-2014, 10:43 PM
Not a big deal. Never got a clear picture anyway.

Burn the Horse
03-24-2014, 10:13 AM
I have DirecTV so I don't get the channel, my concern is for the Conference I love.