PDA

View Full Version : USA Series

dgoebel
03-14-2014, 01:42 PM
This will give us a good idea how our ball club is. Would love to see us take all 3 or the series. It will build momentum for a very tough Sun Belt this year. Go Trojans!!!! Beat The Puddy Tats

PCTrojan15
03-14-2014, 02:41 PM
Yeah if we can win this series, we will (for the time) see just how good of a team we are. Plus it would be nice to beat USA at their house again.

dgoebel
03-14-2014, 08:50 PM
5-0 Troy win. Tanner Hicks complete game shut out. Great start Troy and we have McCain pitching Tommorrow. Let's sweep The Puddy Tats

newnan trojan
03-14-2014, 09:43 PM
Seems like our team is starting to click.

PensacolaTrojan
03-15-2014, 02:41 PM
A great outing by McCain but hard to win games with one run.

LAZebra
03-16-2014, 04:03 PM
I believe we got screwed on game three. There was an opportunity to get the game in after the rain delay Saturday night, we had the lead, the game was put off until Sunday and then cancelled.

Hemi Man
03-16-2014, 04:20 PM
I believe we got screwed on game three. There was an opportunity to get the game in after the rain delay Saturday night, we had the lead, the game was put off until Sunday and then cancelled.

Totally agree

Possum
03-16-2014, 06:14 PM
Aww, the coastal kitties were afraid of getting swept by the Men of Troy...:rollinglaugh:

PensacolaTrojan
03-16-2014, 08:33 PM
Does anyone know if a game gets suspended and then cancelled do any of the stats from that game count? If not, the biggest winner will be their freshman picture who got roughed up for three runs in the first inning. I don't remember if he even completed the inning before getting the hook but if this game is erased his ERA just got a big improvement.
We definitely got the shaft on this game but I would expect nothing less from them. If they can't win fair, they just change the rules.
I think I will start calling them UAB at Mobile.

redwaver
03-17-2014, 07:45 AM

That was my thought, needing to only play ONE INNING to make it a complete game and with Sundays forecast, why not wait until you can play that inning. You've got all day!

redwaver
03-17-2014, 07:46 AM
Does anyone know if a game gets suspended and then cancelled do any of the stats from that game count? If not, the biggest winner will be their freshman picture who got roughed up for three runs in the first inning. I don't remember if he even completed the inning before getting the hook but if this game is erased his ERA just got a big improvement.
We definitely got the shaft on this game but I would expect nothing less from them. If they can't win fair, they just change the rules.
I think I will start calling them UAB at Mobile.

Unless rules have changed recently, no, that game was never played as per records are concerned!

KirkLazarus
03-17-2014, 08:22 AM

I will bet if USA was up 3-1 in the bottom of the 4th we'd have stayed all night if necessary to get in five innings so it'd be an "official" game.

We were also unlucky in game two. Yes, we only scored one run but in the top of the 8th with no outs and no one on, we hit a ground ball past the first baseman... headed to the right-field corner for a triple... but it hit the 1st base umpire... which held us to a single. We ended up not scoring. Not intentional at all, just incredibly unlucky.

tenaciousT
03-17-2014, 09:37 AM
Aww, the coastal kitties were afraid of getting swept by the Men of Troy...:rollinglaugh:

South won game 2- first game of the DH on Saturday.

Trojans1andAll
03-17-2014, 05:09 PM
I will bet if USA was up 3-1 in the bottom of the 4th we'd have stayed all night if necessary to get in five innings so it'd be an "official" game.

I agree with you, but that's also what is called "home field advantage".