PDA

View Full Version : Troy baseball vs. Ala State- March 11

Doug4Troy
03-10-2014, 08:00 PM
Troy Baseball Travels to Take On Alabama State

http://www.troytrojans.com/images/2014/2/15/rp_primary_T.Hall.NKU.2.JPG

"TROY, Ala. The Troy University baseball team will travel to Montgomery to face a red-hot Alabama State team on Tuesday. First pitch is set for 6 p.m. The game will be broadcast on WTBF 94.7 FM with live audio and stats streamed on TroyTrojans.com...

Complete story: http://www.troytrojans.com/news/2014/3/10/BSB_0310141444.aspx

Troy_TroJans
03-11-2014, 07:56 PM
http://bamastatesports.com/showcase/?Live=181

jagd1305
03-12-2014, 09:01 AM
Troy was up 8-5 when this game was called due to weather. Its been announced that the rest of the game will be completed at a later date in Troy.
This is kind of unusual but we get to see a little extra baseball at home!

trojanbrutha
03-12-2014, 09:32 AM
Troy was up 8-5 when this game was called due to weather. Its been announced that the rest of the game will be completed at a later date in Troy.

Next Wednesday...

KirkLazarus
03-12-2014, 11:12 AM

With different umpires I hope. That was a complete joke last night.

Troy79
03-12-2014, 12:34 PM
Agreed Kirk, I think Bobby had all the fun he could stand last evening. I believe he had more prayer meetings with the umpires last night than he has had with them all season long! Good to see the ending of the ASU game will resume in Troy before the one that is scheduled already.

Go TROY!

KirkLazarus
03-12-2014, 01:18 PM
Agreed Kirk, I think Bobby had all the fun he could stand last evening. I believe he had more prayer meetings with the umpires last night than he has had with them all season long! Good to see the ending of the ASU game will resume in Troy before the one that is scheduled already.

Go TROY!

Yep... it started with the safe call at 1st base for their first "hit"... continued with strikes being called that were a foot+ outside and us not getting the same call... and culminated with one of our players being plunked at the pate and not awarded first base.

I've seen a lot of bad umpiring in my days, and granted I was watching a video feed, but that ranks right up there with the worst I've ever seen. Even ASU's announcer commented about it a couple of times.

dgoebel
03-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Yep... it started with the safe call at 1st base for their first "hit"... continued with strikes being called that were a foot+ outside and us not getting the same call... and culminated with one of our players being plunked at the pate and not awarded first base.

I've seen a lot of bad umpiring in my days, and granted I was watching a video feed, but that ranks right up there with the worst I've ever seen. Even ASU's announcer commented about it a couple of times.

Next time we play with this umpire crew, make sure we supply the seeing eye dog and cane. It wasn't the umps fault if they weren't properly equipped :rollinglaugh: