PDA

View Full Version : A thriller at TroRena tonight...

TFan
03-07-2014, 12:03 AM
Men come up a point short after two OT's.

Score by periods 1st 2nd OT OT2 Total
UT Arlington 37 28 11 11 87
TROY 36 29 11 10 86

>>>> http://www.troytrojans.com/news/2014/3/6/MBB_0306142513.aspx

dgoebel
03-07-2014, 07:32 AM
Our basketball attendance is pathetic...1,000 in attendance?? There are high schools that draw more fans and the big arena makes it look worse. We could draw 1,000 back in the 80's to Craptain.

Hemi Man
03-07-2014, 08:39 AM
Our basketball attendance is pathetic...1,000 in attendance?? There are high schools that draw more fans and the big arena makes it look worse. We could draw 1,000 back in the 80's to Craptain.

If you aren't there you really have no room to complain about attendance.

It is bad but as the product gets better the attendance will improve. They are doing everything possible to get butts in the seats. Student attendance is terrible.

TFan
03-07-2014, 08:58 AM
Those that were there were treated to the real deal. Those that weren't, their choice.

One more home game, Ladies/Men's double header VS Texas State Saturday. Trojan Men win; NOLA Bound!!

"Be There When iT Happens!"

PCTrojan15
03-07-2014, 09:36 AM
I'd like to say that their are those students that go to just about everything. I'm one of em. Its the mindset of the students. I was raised an Auburn fan but I am now and forever a Troy man

dgoebel
03-07-2014, 10:12 AM
If you aren't there you really have no room to complain about attendance.

It is bad but as the product gets better the attendance will improve. They are doing everything possible to get butts in the seats. Student attendance is terrible.

Sorry I can't drive 12 hours round trip to join you. As an alumni and donor I have every room to complain. It is disheartening our attendance numbers are no better than Craptain. If you want student attendance, you need a winning program. They aren't going to get excited about 10-19 teams fighting for 8 th place in arguably the weakest d1 basketball conference. Hopefully 3 years out we are winning. We have arguably a nicer arena than the O'connell center at UF, just wish we had better attendance. It effect recruiting also. Don't care how nice the facility is, playing in front of a 1/5 filled arena is not exciting.

LAZebra
03-07-2014, 10:13 AM
Wish I could have been there. Travel and needing to earn a living mean I must choose which events to attend. I attend more than most Trojan alums/fans but cannot make them all. I seldom miss a football or baseball game and go to away games when I can, but a Thursday night basketball game is tough for me to make. If I lived in Troy I would seldom miss a home game in any sport. I will be there Saturday to root the Trojans into the tournament!

trojanbrutha
03-07-2014, 10:17 AM
I'd like to say that their are those students that go to just about everything. I'm one of em. Its the mindset of the students. I was raised an Auburn fan but I am now and forever a Troy man

I appreciate your honesty. It will take you a long way in life. College is about growth and independent thinking. Enjoy your time in college and you'll realize, if you haven't already, that family traditions are wonderful, but creating your own legacy is special as well.

It's great to be a Troy Trojan :thumb:

trojanbrutha
03-07-2014, 10:20 AM
Sorry I can't drive 12 hours round trip to join you. As an alumni and donor I have every room to complain. It is disheartening our attendance numbers are no better than Craptain. If you want student attendance, you need a winning program. They aren't going to get excited about 10-19 teams fighting for 8 th place in arguably the weakest d1 basketball conference. Hopefully 3 years out we are winning. We have arguably a nicer arena than the O'connell center at UF, just wish we had better attendance. It effect recruiting also. Don't care how nice the facility is, playing in front of a 1/5 filled arena is not exciting.

Come on! You make an excuse about travel after you diss the people that did...and on top of that, you play the alumnus card? :laughing021: :signs019:

trojanbrutha
03-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Middle of the pack ain't the best, but it ain't last either...

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2014/conferencerpi

dgoebel
03-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Come on! You make an excuse about travel after you diss the people that did...and on top of that, you play the alumnus card? :laughing021: :signs019:

So you want people to give money but have no opinion and accept everything. :signs019: I recommend you vacation at Disney and spend time in fantasy land :laughing021: must be nice in your fantasy world.

Send money to the government with no say, not doing it with my alma mater.
Not dissing those that went. I would be there if I lived there. 7,000 students, 16,000 in the town, 36,000 in the county and we draw 1,000 fans? beautiful facilities help but not if you don't win I guess???

dgoebel
03-07-2014, 10:41 AM
Middle of the pack ain't the best, but it ain't last either...

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2014/conferencerpi

At least we are ahead of the MEAC, SWAC and IVY League although Princeton is usually really good.

PCTrojan15
03-07-2014, 10:51 AM
I appreciate your honesty. It will take you a long way in life. College is about growth and independent thinking. Enjoy your time in college and you'll realize, if you haven't already, that family traditions are wonderful, but creating your own legacy is special as well.

It's great to be a Troy Trojan :thumb:

Thanks for this and you are right. When I visited Auburn it was to dang big. Here I get in all events free, teachers know me by first name, and I feel welcomed and like I'm part of a family here. Wish other students felt this way though

Hemi Man
03-07-2014, 10:56 AM

Buy 4 GA tickets every season and give them away. You hav connections up here to people that could put those tickets in the hands of people that will use them.

First to tickets I ever had to a basketba game were given to me by someone on here. I've been a basketball season to ticket holder since then. You never know, your tickets might go to the next guy that becomes a season ticket holder.

No doubt winning would help attendance. It's not a cure all though. The student affinity program will help as well with student attendance. The leaders in it were recognize last night.

dgoebel
03-07-2014, 10:58 AM
Thanks for this and you are right. When I visited Auburn it was to dang big. Here I get in all events free, teachers know me by first name, and I feel welcomed and like I'm part of a family here. Wish other students felt this way though

I appreciate your support. Wish we had more like you. Enjoy your time at Troy. It's a special place and a special time in your life. You are part of the Trojan Nation and you will be a Trojan for life :signs019:

dgoebel
03-07-2014, 11:05 AM
Buy 4 GA tickets every season and give them away. You hav connections up here to people that could put those tickets in the hands of people that will use them.

First to tickets I ever had to a basketba game were given to me by someone on here. I've been a basketball season to ticket holder since then. You never know, your tickets might go to the next guy that becomes a season ticket holder.

No doubt winning would help attendance. It's not a cure all though. The student affinity program will help as well with student attendance. The leaders in it were recognize last night.

I will do that next season for sure. Anything to help. My daughter wishes she could go to more games but she has labs 3 nights a week till almost 9 pm.

They have to do more at the Impacts to excite the students about the athletics. When my son did his orientation at UCF they had a whole program on it. Showed pics of the facilities, had the student who won their student program speak, showed how to do the U-C-F cheer etc. Would be nice to have them do the T-R whoop whoop, etc to get both students and parents excited. There was no Trojan Warrior presentation and no mention of athletics other than a calendar with the football schedule at my daughters last June. Got to rethink and redo this mentality to change for the better....and winning helps also.

Hemi Man
03-07-2014, 11:22 AM
I will do that next season for sure. Anything to help. My daughter wishes she could go to more games but she has labs 3 nights a week till almost 9 pm.

They have to do more at the Impacts to excite the students about the athletics. When my son did his orientation at UCF they had a whole program on it. Showed pics of the facilities, had the student who won their student program speak, showed how to do the U-C-F cheer etc. Would be nice to have them do the T-R whoop whoop, etc to get both students and parents excited. There was no Trojan Warrior presentation and no mention of athletics other than a calendar with the football schedule at my daughters last June. Got to rethink and redo this mentality to change for the better....and winning helps also.

It seems many things slip through the cracks because of under staffing. I think John is slowly changing that, but it will take time. Changing the mindset of the students may take longer. Many don't share the passion that PC does because they grew up with only 2 major universities to choose from.

dgoebel
03-07-2014, 11:36 AM
It seems many things slip through the cracks because of under staffing. I think John is slowly changing that, but it will take time. Changing the mindset of the students may take longer. Many don't share the passion that PC does because they grew up with only 2 major universities to choose from.

That is why winning helps and starting the students before attending (orientation). UCF has done a great job of this. Same mentality here competing against the UF, FSU, Miami mentality, but they committed to winning at UCF across the board and this football season did more to help than anything. Hopefully our students will realize that their degree states "Troy" and the doors it opens is because of Troy. I am thankful of everything Troy did for me and that is why I won't even go to a UF game..exception 2009 against Troy. I was given baseball tickets to UF from one of our banks here...I gave them away :rollinglaugh:

trojanbrutha
03-07-2014, 01:41 PM
So you want people to give money but have no opinion and accept everything. :signs019: I recommend you vacation at Disney and spend time in fantasy land :laughing021: must be nice in your fantasy world.

Send money to the government with no say, not doing it with my alma mater.
Not dissing those that went. I would be there if I lived there. 7,000 students, 16,000 in the town, 36,000 in the county and we draw 1,000 fans? beautiful facilities help but not if you don't win I guess???

I personally couldn't care too much less whether you stay or go...that's a personal choice. So far as commenting about a "problem" that you are a part of seems hypocritical...that's my point. So what you give money; we all do in some way, shape, form, or fashion. You can save that for someone that cares. The point that you would call out fans, not students, for not being there is :signs019:.

PCTrojan15
03-07-2014, 01:45 PM
We need to show students that you do not have to choose crimson&white or orangs&blue. That even though you live in Alabama, you can choose to be a Trojan

Cane gone Trojan
03-07-2014, 01:52 PM

I have found that Troy students either get it(having pride in THEIR school) or they just don't...its a mental thing I think, and you have to have a strong mind to GET IT! I am glad you GOT IT! Good luck with your studies at Troy...It is a great school...enjoy it while you are there and continue support it when you leave. If every student just GOT IT then maybe just maybe Troy could reach its full potential one day.

dgoebel
03-07-2014, 02:17 PM
I personally couldn't care too much less whether you stay or go...that's a personal choice. So far as commenting about a "problem" that you are a part of seems hypocritical...that's my point. So what you give money; we all do in some way, shape, form, or fashion. You can save that for someone that cares. The point that you would call out fans, not students, for not being there is :signs019:.

Ok mr. Expert, where did I call out or insult the fans that were there? I appreciate and support Hemi, Tfan and others that attend the games, sorry I can't drive 12 hours to the game but I do attend every home football game. I said it was disheartening that we can only draw 1,000 fans to a D1 basketball game. I could care less what you think about me, you are part of the problem to with your smart comments to everyone who doesn't agree with whatever you think. ANYONE who gives money or supports this University is intitled to a say, opinion or concern whether it agrees with your view or not. You can stay or go also, that's a personal choice. I could care less what you think

It is a discrace the way certain people are talked to and treated on this board. We are all supposed to be a Trojan Nation, I guess that club is only for those that agree with a certain view. What a joke.

Cane gone Trojan
03-07-2014, 03:23 PM
Troy was D2 the first 3 years I was there.....The Box was always packed out for Mens B-Ball games...as a matter of fact you had to had to get there early if you wanted a good seat meaning not in the top corners of the gym...These were the days though where they were setting all kinds of scoring records and it was raining 3's through out the whole game---They were fun to watch and they were winners. When they start winning more games then they will be more fun to watch and more people will come BUT NOT UNTIL THEN.jmo

trojanbrutha
03-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Troy was D2 the first 3 years I was there.....The Box was always packed out for Mens B-Ball games...as a matter of fact you had to had to get there early if you wanted a good seat meaning not in the top corners of the gym...These were the days though where they were setting all kinds of scoring records and it was raining 3's through out the whole game---They were fun to watch and they were winners. When they start winning more games then they will be more fun to watch and more people will come BUT NOT UNTIL THEN.jmo

Doesn't that define "fair-weather fan?" Just a question for all of us.

TFan
03-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Doesn't that define "fair-weather fan?" Just a question for all of us.

Yes it does. BUT, EVERYONE Loves a WINNER!!! Just human nature I suppose.

I've witnessed things in games (Football, basketball, volleyball etc) and swore I wouldn't go back, matter of fact, it's tough for me to watch my College Alma Mater play high-school offense. Had tickets to three games this year and only went to two. Only a 3+ hour drive from home. Pathetic.

Winning will bring 'em in. I believe Troy is turning the corner in most areas of athletics. We have leadership, we have adequate resources. Now, we need an enthused fan base to complete the deal!!

Challenge: How many local alumni, T-Club members etc were at last nights game??? I can tell you, not many.

trojanbrutha
03-07-2014, 08:29 PM

I've witnessed things in games (Football, basketball, volleyball etc) and swore I wouldn't go back, matter of fact, it's tough for me to watch my College Alma Mater play high-school offense. Had tickets to three games this year and only went to two. Only a 3+ hour drive from home. Pathetic.

Winning will bring 'em in. I believe Troy is turning the corner in most areas of athletics. We have leadership, we have adequate resources. Now, we need an enthused fan base to complete the deal!!

Challenge: How many local alumni, T-Club members etc were at last nights game??? I can tell you, not many.

Agreed.

PCTrojan15
03-08-2014, 12:19 AM
It boils down to respect and pride. It shouldn't matter how many wins or what facilities are like. If you have pride in yourself and your school, then you'd do your best to be at events

redwaver
03-08-2014, 06:38 AM

Please expound on "watch my college Alma Mater play HIGH SCHOOL OFFENSE"! Really? Wow!

dgoebel
03-08-2014, 06:49 AM
Please expound on "watch my college Alma Mater play HIGH SCHOOL OFFENSE"! Really? Wow!

TFan is a Georgia Tech alumnus. He was referring to the dull version of the flex bone that Paul Johnson runs. He was not referring to Troy.

TFan
03-08-2014, 01:02 PM
TFan is a Georgia Tech alumnus. He was referring to the dull version of the flex bone that Paul Johnson runs. He was not referring to Troy.

That is accurate!! AND most of Tech's serious opponents have figured it out.

Time for change over on the Flats @ North Avenue.

redwaver
03-08-2014, 06:24 PM

Oh,.......ok!😃