PDA

View Full Version : Football Practice Report - March 5, 2014

Doug4Troy
03-05-2014, 10:58 PM
7nh7Abczv1o

Possum
03-05-2014, 11:55 PM
7nh7Abczv1o

The QB position is the one I'm most worried about... I think everything else will be fine.

TroyFootball05
03-06-2014, 12:22 AM
The QB position is the one I'm most worried about... I think everything else will be fine.

I'm not sure we follow the same team.

dgoebel
03-06-2014, 07:37 AM
I'm not sure we follow the same team.

I agree. QB will be fine. We have some serious talent there and three that are very athletic. Remember CR had a career record of 21-27. I think we are going to be really good at the position. Ready to see who steps up and to what heights they can lead us.

Hemi Man
03-06-2014, 11:00 AM
I agree. QB will be fine. We have some serious talent there and three that are very athletic. Remember CR had a career record of 21-27. I think we are going to be really good at the position. Ready to see who steps up and to what heights they can lead us.

What does Corey's record as a starter have to do with anything at all about this years team? I'm pretty sure play calling, defense, and special teams affected that record. KE was the offensive coordinator for everyone of Corey's starts.

preacher
03-06-2014, 11:25 AM
What does Corey's record as a starter have to do with anything at all about this years team? I'm pretty sure play calling, defense, and special teams affected that record. KE was the offensive coordinator for everyone of Corey's starts.

A defense that ranked last in the nation for most of his starts had the most to do with that record. If we get our defense to just average we will win many games. I have no worries about offense or play calling. Some will disagree but that's the great thing about the USA - you have a right to be wrong. Defense is our biggest worry and we really won't know what we have until fall ball.

dgoebel
03-06-2014, 12:37 PM

Missing the point. Everyone seems worried about QB. Point is the new QB is just as likely to have the same or better results. I do agree a lousy D didn't help but we will be fine at qb

trojanbrutha
03-06-2014, 01:03 PM
A defense that ranked last in the nation for most of his starts had the most to do with that record. If we get our defense to just average we will win many games. I have no worries about offense or play calling. Some will disagree but that's the great thing about the USA - you have a right to be wrong. Defense is our biggest worry and we really won't know what we have until fall ball.

That wasn't the case, even in a 3-9 season. Check your facts...I mean stats.

preacher
03-06-2014, 02:33 PM
That wasn't the case, even in a 3-9 season. Check your facts...I mean stats.

Don't have time to pull facts (remember looking at the time) but they were in the bottom half to bottom in pass defense (all four years) and points scored against(last two years) during his tenure as a starter. Offense had it's share of mistakes but they have ranked well nationally. Defense wins championships. We continue to improve there we will win on a more consistent basis.