PDA

View Full Version : Projan Update: Bear Woods

Doug4Troy
03-04-2014, 10:57 PM
The Elmore County Alumni chapter hosted Bear and his wife at our monthly dinner tonight. I always loved seeing Bear on the field... he was a beast. But off the field, he was so gracious with all the kids who adored him.

Tonight just reaffirmed my respect for the young man. He spoke to our group and told the story of how he wound up at Troy. He was a walk-on from Florida who was brought to Troy initially to be a QB.

You know who we have to thank for him being at Troy?... Fleetwood.

As it turned out, he was one of about 8 QBs competing for the position and they wanted him to try full back, but lucky for us, he had played some defense in HS and really like to hit people.

He is doing really well, and is hoping to see some action this season after battling some injuries. He will head up to Montreal around the middle of May, the CFL season begins around the 20th of June.

Had a really great time... he is a quality young man.

TFan
03-04-2014, 11:08 PM
Has a nice ring to it. Hope he will consider returning to his alma mater if he chooses Coaching for his next step!!

Thanks for the Bear facts.

dgoebel
03-05-2014, 08:13 AM
One of my all time favorite players. He reminds me of two all time great Trojans I played with, Mike Turk and Freddie Thomas. Both walk-ons, both became All-Americans and two time Nat. champions. Both were leaders on and off the field. Bear had leadership and character and that is what wins championships.