PDA

View Full Version : RV Sites For Sale - Subject to Zoning

pelliott
03-04-2014, 12:27 AM
I am in the process of purchasing property in Troy to develop an RV Tailgate Park. Visit www.bulldogpark.com to get a taste of my vision. These lots are sold for $30,000 each. The lots in Troy will be sold for well below that.

I am in the zoning process and if all goes well, the park will have about 20 sites that will have water, sewer, cable/satellite and electric hookup. You can purchase your site. Cost is still to be determined but I can tell you that the first 5 sites will be sold for $8,000 each. Now before you :scared: - you can't beat that price. 6 home games this year with a 2 night minimum at The Best Western appears to cost $160 Friday & Saturday. If you are interested, let me know. That's $960 for football season. What about a weekend of basketball, baseball, parent's weekend outside of football season, the hotel rates are still at least $160 for two nights. And, the cost only goes up if you are spending the night at The Courtyard or Hampton Inn.
Yes, you will have taxes, insurance and eventually Association dues to add to your cost, but I promise it will be worth it. Finally, the property is located in the city limits of Troy and close enough to the University to be convenient. And if all goes well, transportation will be provided two hours before and after kickoff.

Bottom line, I don't plan on getting rich on this investment. Would I like to make some money? Of course! But at the end of the day, my goal is to invest in Troy, AL., to support the school I love Troy University and along the way provide a place for me and my family to tailgate in a family friendly environment with fellow Troy fans. Until all lots are sold, you will be able to rent spaces and have up to 8-12 guests per site (2 Vehicles).

So if you are interested, contact me via private message :wave:.

pelliott
03-04-2014, 08:44 PM
Question for local Troy residents regarding TV service
Troy Cable or Direct TV?

TFan
03-05-2014, 11:34 AM
Question for local Troy residents regarding TV service
Troy Cable or Direct TV?

Had DishNet and Troycable at two separate locations in Pike County. Dish the cheaper of the two by far, but unreliable in poor weather conditions. TroyCable at time experiences unreliable signals as well, but less frequent.

TroyCable internet is more reliable of late, they upgraded to fiber optic dstribution in the last year.

I dropped Dish due the fact they lost their deal with two critical local stations.

pelliott
03-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Thanks TFAN - Is Troy Cable sports programming comparable to Dish and Direct TV? Park will have a Party Pavillion with a couple of Big Screens and certainly want to have games on When Troy is NOT playing - :-)

TFan
03-05-2014, 10:16 PM
can't answer that. I'm no couch potato and have no clue about premium sports programming. Seems those that watch sports a lot around here have satellite tho. More often than not, basic Troy Cable does not offer Trojan away games.

Someone else would know better than me.

Thanks TFAN - Is Troy Cable sports programming comparable to Dish and Direct TV? Park will have a Party Pavillion with a couple of Big Screens and certainly want to have games on When Troy is NOT playing - :-)

pelliott
03-07-2014, 12:45 AM
Need a good grading contractor and asphalt contractor - or just one contractor that can is good at both in the Troy/Montgomery/Dothan area
shoot me some referrals by PM

pelliott
03-09-2014, 01:33 PM
2 sites sold (if we can get this thing zoned) - infrastructure is a bit more than I hoped for but still very excited to try and make this happen

pelliott
03-15-2014, 09:47 AM
Zoning meeting this Thursday in Troy - really hope the City Council will approve this development - wish me luck :bounce012:

pelliott
03-20-2014, 10:01 PM
Zoning approved - now on to the development
I have to say all of the City of Troy staff and leadership I have spoken to about this project have been nothing less than Incredible to work with

pelliott
03-28-2014, 10:37 AM
Since zoning has been approved - the property is located just across the street from The Front Porch. Here are the basics of the vision here

1. You can park your RV at this location with Electric, Water (and maybe sewer or dump station) for up to 90 days during football season. So, you can drive or pull your RV to Troy and leave it.
2. This location will be gated and fenced
3. I am working with the University to provide transportation from this location to the game on gameday. You may have seen the buses picking up fans at hotels, this would work the same way. Generally, shuttles run two hours before and two hours after the game.
4. You will be able to have two cars and up to 12 guests at your site
5. The property will be like a Homeowner's Association with Rules & Regulations, Codes & Covenants.
6. Here is the big kicker - the property sits on an old city dump. Environmental exposure does exist. Just want to be up front about it. However, I intend to purchase my site in an LLC to limit my exposure.

I would like some feed back on this. I believe I can get 20 sites on the property. I have 3 spots sold, including me. If you would like to discuss, call me on my cell at 205.908.8792.

pelliott
09-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Bought six acres rather than the old city dump site. Engineer & Architect drawing up plans now. If the development makes sense we plan to move forward. Stay tuned!