PDA

View Full Version : Troy vs Southern miss

newnan trojan
03-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Troy won 5-0 over a Typically good Southern miss team

PensacolaTrojan
03-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Great game all around. McCain pitched a 4 hit shutout through 7 and McGowan came in and finished with his first save of the year after only allowing 1 hit and 2 Ks.
Much improved offensive effort over last night and now in position to win the series. Taking a road series from an usually good USM would be a good start to this season.

PensacolaTrojan
03-02-2014, 10:27 PM
Tough loss today. Team worked hard and had the lead late but couldn't capitalize to put it away. So Miss plays Florida this Tues in Pensacola and it will be interesting to see how do against the gators.

KirkLazarus
03-03-2014, 09:15 AM
Tough loss today. Team worked hard and had the lead late but couldn't capitalize to put it away. So Miss plays Florida this Tues in Pensacola and it will be interesting to see how do against the gators.

Yes, when we took the lead in the 8th I was hopeful but I knew we had to face the meat of their order again... There are no moral victories but for a revamped lineup that is still finding its identity I thought we gave great effort against a perennial Regional and Conference Championship team on the road... would have been nice to take the series, but no arguments from me with the effort or performance. Great pitching, some really nice defensive plays, and some timely hitting. USM just got one more big hit than us on Sunday and made a couple of really nice defensive plays of their own when we had a chance to open the game up.

BTW the stands were full of scouts for their Friday night starter and closer. Won't face much better than those two...

dgoebel
03-03-2014, 01:51 PM

Florida got beat by Illinois, so USM could beat them if they play well.

LAZebra
03-03-2014, 03:20 PM
Florida got beat by Illinois, so USM could beat them if they play well.

An SEC school getting beat by a Big 10 school in baseball is like an SEC school getting beat by a C-USA school in football! Shameful!

trojanbrutha
03-03-2014, 05:21 PM
An SEC school getting beat by a Big 10 school in baseball is like an SEC school getting beat by a C-USA school in football! Shameful!

So, I'm guessing if SBC wins against $EC, it marks end-of-days? :confused013:

dgoebel
03-03-2014, 06:17 PM

Guess not. Bama kept their baseball program after Regionals last year, when some SBC team we love whipped them twice :rollinglaugh:

redwaver
03-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Guess not. Bama kept their baseball program after Regionals last year, when some SBC team we love whipped them twice :rollinglaugh:

Yep, we had a LOW TIDE that day!:rollinglaugh::laughing021::wave:

LAZebra
03-03-2014, 09:11 PM

The SBC would be considered at least as good a baseball conference as the Big 10, perhaps better. They are both considered mid-major in baseball. Troy and several other SBC programs regularly win against SEC teams. Sometimes twice in two days to put them out of the regional.

trojanbrutha
03-03-2014, 09:30 PM
The SBC would be considered at least as good a baseball conference as the Big 10, perhaps better. They are both considered mid-major in baseball. Troy and several other SBC programs regularly win against SEC teams. Sometimes twice in two days to put them out of the regional.

My comment was more along the lines of football, since your comparison of cusa loses would be considered shameful...

LAZebra
03-04-2014, 10:08 AM
My comment was more along the lines of football, since your comparison of cusa loses would be considered shameful...

I agree to an extent. Although, I believe the SBC is in better position to occasionally defeat SEC teams in football than C-USA, but would probably still bring shame to an SEC football team, which, in most cases, I would enjoy!