PDA

View Full Version : Step4Life 2014 (5K and Step Show)

SOTStrumpet
02-26-2014, 11:38 PM
The brothers of Kappa Kappa Psi and the sister of Tau Beta Sigma (national honorary band fraternity and sorority) will be hosting our 13th Annual Step4Life charity event on April 19, 2014. Both chapters are represented at Troy University. Our goal for this year’s event is $5,000. The proceeds of this event will help support Alabama’s chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The Step4Life event takes place on the campus of Troy University and typically consists of a Step Competition among step teams from various universities around the Southeast. This year, we are adding a 5K to the Step4Life charity event. We believe that this event will help gain a larger audience and create a greater awareness of our fundraising cause.

In 2002, a brother of Kappa Kappa Psi passed away from complications with his bone marrow transplant after winning the fight against leukemia. Originally, Step4Life was started to help raise funds for his medical costs. We have continued this event in his honor.

I am the chairman for Step4Life from Kappa Kappa Psi. We are very excited for this year's campaign. We would really appreciate any support from the members of this message board.

Participants can sign up for the 5K here: www.runsignup.com/race/al/troy/step4lifetroy5K

5K Facebook event group: https://www.facebook.com/events/196464210563243/

Donations for Step4Life can be made here: http://www.gofundme.com/6zfsys

The Step Show will take place in Crosby Theatre on April 19 at 7:00pm. Tickets are $10 and will be available at the door.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me at step4life@troy.edu.

TFan
02-26-2014, 11:53 PM
What's in store at the Step Show on April 19??

SOTStrumpet
02-27-2014, 12:01 AM
Various step teams participate in a competition. It's usually other Greek organizations that choreograph a routine to music. If you've ever seen Stomp the Yard, that is what stepping is.

It's generally geared more toward college-aged students, but I thought I'd throw it out there for everyone. :bounce012: