PDA

View Full Version : Troy Football Practice Report - Feb. 24, 2014

Doug4Troy
02-24-2014, 09:44 PM
_56YMwjMKws

preacher
02-25-2014, 10:49 AM
1. 33 running the football will be an absolute beast. Cannot wait to watch him play.

2. Who is wear 3 this year?

Hemi Man
02-25-2014, 10:57 AM
1. 33 running the football will be an absolute beast. Cannot wait to watch him play.

Jarvis Bentley.

TroyFootball05
02-25-2014, 11:18 AM

#33 is a big dude. We typically run three types of backs. Small, Medium, and Large. I would think Anderson (33) and Chunn would compete for playing time, with Chunn getting a few more snaps.

#3, Jarvis Bentley is 6'5", according to his recruiting profile. Though some say he is 6'3". That may be more accurate. How are his hands? I believe he had offers from Missouri and Kentucky. I'm hoping he is the next ET.

preacher
02-25-2014, 05:21 PM
#33 is a big dude. We typically run three types of backs. Small, Medium, and Large. I would think Anderson (33) and Chunn would compete for playing time, with Chunn getting a few more snaps.

#3, Jarvis Bentley is 6'5", according to his recruiting profile. Though some say he is 6'3". That may be more accurate. How are his hands? I believe he had offers from Missouri and Kentucky. I'm hoping he is the next ET.

If Anderson has kept his speed from high school he will see the field in bunches. It maybe as a blocking back but his hands are great. They will get the ball to him in this offense. He was a tremendous LB also he must be special on offense to keep him on that side of the ball as thin as we have been on defense.

preacher
02-25-2014, 05:34 PM
We may be the deepest and most talented on the offensive side of the ball as we have ever been.

4 QBs and they can play

RB: Burks, Chunn, Anderson, franklin, white, Lindsey, Longmire, crochen - scholarship guys I know of and 5 more on the roster for spring. The Buris kid is huge too

O-line is going to be special. The first 8 are pretty talented. Our start line will look much bigger than last year.

WR: Has talent. Will be interesting to see how they jell. The running game may open up the passing game next year. If it doesn't have to we will score many points.

TroyFootball05
03-01-2014, 03:31 PM
I went Friday.

I'll keep it short because this is an open forum. The QBs are obviously still learning the system, but #9, C. Bravard, looked better than the other guys. He had a good day. Tidwell did ok, but he's had a few years in the system. Silvers's demeanor reminds me a lot of Corey Robinson.

The new corners coach is intense. Broke up a fight and disciplined the instigator with some "choice" words. That's a good sign, IMO.

TFan
03-01-2014, 06:10 PM
I went Friday.

The new corners coach is intense. Broke up a fight and disciplined the instigator with some "choice" words. That's a good sign, IMO.

Bolt's training him right!!