PDA

View Full Version : T-Roy

flockofoscars
02-17-2014, 10:31 PM
I know this is a little random but does anyone else want the old T-Roy back? I was looking at old pics and the last T-Roy was MUCH better looking then the one we have now and tended to act better.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1964178924/image.jpg

TFan
02-17-2014, 10:35 PM
Just doesn't matter much to this old boy. Whatever works, the kids seem to be the most enamored with our mascot!!! :signs029:

flockofoscars
02-17-2014, 10:50 PM
Just doesn't matter much to this old boy. Whatever works, the kids seem to be the most enamored with our mascot!!! :signs029:

Thats fine but the mascot is often the leader of the student section and he doesnt do anything with us except stand there with the cheer leaders. The costume has a problem with the gloves because the person is always fidgeting with them and the mascot should matter because he represents the University. Big Al for Bama is terrible but Aubie for Auburn is like a person to their fan base. So all im saying is that I want a good mascot that is active and is not cartoonish. I am glad the kids like him but they will like him even more if he is much more active. :signs029:

TFan
02-17-2014, 10:55 PM
OK, so I watch the game.

The student section involvement that I see has more to do with the SOTS and the FanCam interaction.

jagd1305
02-18-2014, 12:06 AM
Mascot rehab, maybe?

trojanbrutha
02-18-2014, 12:32 AM
Thats fine but the mascot is often the leader of the student section and he doesnt do anything with us except stand there with the cheer leaders. The costume has a problem with the gloves because the person is always fidgeting with them and the mascot should matter because he represents the University. Big Al for Bama is terrible but Aubie for Auburn is like a person to their fan base. So all im saying is that I want a good mascot that is active and is not cartoonish. I am glad the kids like him but they will like him even more if he is much more active. :signs029:

So, aubie looks like a real tiger, you say? :confused013:

flockofoscars
02-18-2014, 01:40 AM
So, aubie looks like a real tiger, you say? :confused013:

No but he looks good and i wasn't talking about Aubie's looks only. I was talking about his activity. Don't get me wrong T-Roy is our mascot so he is my favorite. I just feel like he could look a little better and get much more involved. I still think we should have T-Roy and a mascot that is an actual guy (Hector) kinda like USC. I just feel like we should get more tradition with our mascot and I know you guys would like that to

Chasin170
02-18-2014, 07:10 AM

You trying to tell me there's a person inside that person? That's crazy!

Hemi Man
02-18-2014, 07:34 AM
I've always thought someone dressed up in a costume was directed towards children.

JonesOxygen
02-18-2014, 09:30 AM
I know this is a little random but does anyone else want the old T-Roy back? I was looking at old pics and the last T-Roy was MUCH better looking then the one we have now and tended to act better.

We can "want" him all we want but USC will not allow it. They won the battle of T-Roy

flockofoscars
02-18-2014, 09:36 AM
He's not only directed towards children but ok i guess y'all don't get it but the student population is not happy with the current T-Roy. And I understand if USC won't allow it but we could do something individual

preacher
02-18-2014, 12:37 PM

Aubie isn't cartoonish? The costume for Troy is probably worn by a girl which may why it doesn't fit well.

preacher
02-18-2014, 12:43 PM
Bring back the Princess!

flockofoscars
02-18-2014, 01:08 PM
Aubie isn't cartoonish? The costume for Troy is probably worn by a girl which may why it doesn't fit well.

He is but does look good. This thread isn't about Aubie, he was just an example of a good mascot and that's what I was thinking lol I just want a mascot that does tricks and push ups when we score and stuff MOST mascots do.

preacher
02-18-2014, 01:49 PM
The new beverages being served this football season may help T-Roy unwind a little. No worries. :wave:

Discophobia
02-19-2014, 12:31 PM
T-Roy is an awful mascot, the looks have been bad over the years. The giant headed T-Roy from the 80's and 90's the mean looking one with the giant eaybrows and mean face that scared children from the mid 00's then pinky with the the shrimp colored costume.....they all stink. The only ones that were worth anything were the Warrior Princes and the Real Trojan from the 60's.

redwaver
02-19-2014, 10:59 PM
T-Roy is an awful mascot, the looks have been bad over the years. The giant headed T-Roy from the 80's and 90's the mean looking one with the giant eaybrows and mean face that scared children from the mid 00's then pinky with the the shrimp colored costume.....they all stink. The only ones that were worth anything were the Warrior Princes and the Real Trojan from the 60's.

For some reason WARRIOR and PRINCESS just never has had that IT factor. Not back then, not now. Of course that's just MY opinion! NEVER understood why on earth we don't get a young man dressed in Hollywoods best as a Trojan, put him on a nice stud and do the FSU type pre game, etc. We have Rodeo do it should be easy. How could that not be a hit?

TrojanFanatic
02-20-2014, 12:47 PM
For some reason WARRIOR and PRINCESS just never has had that IT factor. Not back then, not now. Of course that's just MY opinion! NEVER understood why on earth we don't get a young man dressed in Hollywoods best as a Trojan, put him on a nice stud and do the FSU type pre game, etc. We have Rodeo do it should be easy. How could that not be a hit?

This is just my opinion and what I've been told, BUT since we have turf, no horses on the field. That's the long and short of it, and I would think that's especially true since the new turf. I agree that we just need a live mascot at the football games, full armor, spear, helmet and screaming the whole time. Give them a scholarship for it, that assures that only the ones that want to do it will do it and they'll be good to keep the money.

dgoebel
02-20-2014, 12:52 PM
This is just my opinion and what I've been told, BUT since we have turf, no horses on the field. That's the long and short of it, and I would think that's especially true since the new turf. I agree that we just need a live mascot at the football games, full armor, spear, helmet and screaming the whole time. Give them a scholarship for it, that assures that only the ones that want to do it will do it and they'll be good to keep the money.

:thumb::signs009::signs011:

vaman79
02-20-2014, 02:19 PM
Why couldn't you have the warrior dressed up as mentioned but riding a chariot instead of a horse. The wheels on a chariot could be no worse than the wheels on the airplane.

dgoebel
02-20-2014, 02:43 PM
Why couldn't you have the warrior dressed up as mentioned but riding a chariot instead of a horse. The wheels on a chariot could be no worse than the wheels on the airplane.

I guess you could take a Segway and make it look like a chariot.

troyfan
02-20-2014, 03:21 PM
We can "want" him all we want but USC will not allow it. They won the battle of T-Roy

Please elaborate? I am in the dark on this one.

redwaver
02-20-2014, 05:48 PM

My understanding was that they had shoes for turf. Funny, other unuversities with turf out wagons, buffaloes, bulls, etc. And seem to deal with it. Don't think a horse on the field for a limited few minutes pre game could possibly damage a turf that constant pounding by cleats will do. Sounds like an excuse to me.

redwaver
02-20-2014, 05:50 PM

What do you plan to pull that chariot with?:laughing021::thumb::wave:

vaman79
02-21-2014, 12:08 AM
Make it electronic just like the airplane.

redwaver
02-21-2014, 08:21 AM
Make it electronic just like the airplane.

Now that would look awesome. A horseless chariot tearing down the field. 😃 FSU gets tons of publicity mileage out of Chief Osceola and we could go the same. Might instill some interest and pride amount the students as well as other fans. A winning team plus some showmanship. That's what it takes these days.

TrojanFanatic
02-21-2014, 09:17 AM
I'm not saying the turf excuse isn't a cop-out, but it is what it is. I like the chariot idea, a segwey type thing could work, if we put extra power into it. He could lead the SOTS drum line out before pregame, since they look like warriors anyway.

TSUALUM
02-21-2014, 09:44 AM
something like this?

thrl595
02-21-2014, 11:34 AM

:sleep010:

flockofoscars
02-21-2014, 01:20 PM
:sleep010:

Like there is soooooo much to talk about football right now

preacher
02-21-2014, 01:53 PM
Like there is soooooo much to talk about football right now

Spring training starts next week and CB said he wants to know who the starter at QB will be or at last the top 2 by the end of spring. Plus he said we have to figure out a way to stop someone one on defense. Maybe a chariot and a different T-Roy can help with that.

trojanbrutha
02-21-2014, 01:57 PM
Spring training starts next week and CB said he wants to know who the starter at QB will be or at last the top 2 by the end of spring. Plus he said we have to figure out a way to stop someone one on defense. Maybe a chariot and a different T-Roy can help with that.

I'm thinking that would be considered "illegal participation..." :jester: