PDA

View Full Version : Question about Silcox

TroyPremier
12-20-2005, 10:17 AM
Anybody know why we withdrew our offer? I am just curious. The kid seemed pretty pumped about coming to Troy.

kiwan
12-20-2005, 10:24 AM
On this board he commented that Troy decided to go with an in-state guy instead. Sounds like a load of crap to me? Here is the quote.

"CoreySilcox34
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:10 pm Post subject:
I hate to tell everyone this but Troy has withdrew their offer and decided to go with an in-state guy. Thanks for all the nice comments from everyone. "

westflorida
12-20-2005, 07:53 PM
I can tell you why , i know this kid and his dad, corey wanted to go to troy ,this is what happed, they did not here anything from troy for 2 weeks. they called and talked to one of the coaches and the Defensive coach did not want corey he wanted to go after an instate kid , i talked to corey last week he wanted very much to play for troy ,and still does,but thats not what our def coach wants???? i wish they would fire him

BMarkey
12-21-2005, 01:09 AM
I hope Troy gets its act together and offers this kid. He sounded like what our programs needs.

TUTrojan
12-21-2005, 09:23 AM
If I am a coach, I find a spot for a kid like that on my team. He might not be a pure LB or S, but he's got that x-factor for playing great football anywhere on the field.

By the way, how many guys did we pick over Ghent, yet he kept rising to the top because he is a winner???

Hang in there, Corey!

CoreySilcox34
12-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Coach Waldrop the LB coach wanted me from day one and he thought that there would not be a problem. I called up there ready to committ and he told me and my father that the DC wanted to go with another kid. There are no hard feelings, they treated me great everytime I visited. I realize that they have a job to do and they will do what they need to do to put them in a position to win. Maybe I will get a chance to play against them one day.

BMarkey
12-21-2005, 12:58 PM
Please keep in touch with them. I hope it works out for you.