PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting rankings

newnan trojan
02-06-2014, 02:05 AM
http://bit.ly/1eVVDdB

TroyFootball05
02-06-2014, 02:09 AM
Ours is a unique situation that can't be ranked, considering the number of JUCOs we signed. JUCOs don't get the same amount of attention as high school kids when it comes to recruiting services and oftentimes don't even get an evaluation. That's why I hate seeing these types of threads on the SBC board. These guys will have much more an impact than 11th (last) place would suggest. Mark my words.

newnan trojan
02-06-2014, 02:22 AM
Ours is a unique situation that can't be ranked, considering the number of JUCOs we signed. JUCOs don't get the same amount of attention as high school kids when it comes to recruiting services and oftentimes don't even get an evaluation. That's why I hate seeing these types of threads on the SBC board. These guys will have much more an impact than 11th (last) place would suggest. Mark my words.

Hope your right.

dgoebel
02-06-2014, 07:35 AM
We went all in for a quick fix again. If it doesn't work we have trouble down the road because we just use 90% of a signing class for 2 years. If it works great, but we hurt our self long term with this move.

Chasin170
02-06-2014, 08:44 AM
Congratulations to all the new Trojans,looking forward to watching you play!

trojanbrutha
02-06-2014, 09:13 AM
We went all in for a quick fix again. If it doesn't work we have trouble down the road because we just use 90% of a signing class for 2 years. If it works great, but we hurt our self long term with this move.

I expect nothing more nor less from you, when it's about recruiting. You already know, or if you don't...look, the roster is loaded with frosh and redshirt frosh. This is not the end of the program or the world. I, for one, am glad to see young men that want to represent our school. Thanks to them all, whether they are a juco, frosh, soph, jr, cheerleader, NFL prospect, etc.

dgoebel
02-06-2014, 09:38 AM
I expect nothing more nor less from you, when it's about recruiting. You already know, or if you don't...look, the roster is loaded with frosh and redshirt frosh. This is not the end of the program or the world. I, for one, am glad to see young men that want to represent our school. Thanks to them all, whether they are a juco, frosh, soph, jr, cheerleader, NFL prospect, etc.

I will be in the stands rooting for every young man that wears the Troy uniform. I don't have to agree with your view. I hope we win the next two years with this group. But to think there will not be a price 2 years from now is burying your head in the sand.

I am still a a Trojan Warrior, my child is still a Troy student, I am still a former player and alumni, I am still displaying my Troy collection in my office, the Troy stickers are still on mine and my wife's car, I am still buying Season tickets, I am still coming to T-Day. We don't have to agree with your thinking to be Troy supporters. I am and always will be a Troy Trojan, I am not nor ever will be a Yes man though.

Hemi Man
02-06-2014, 11:31 AM
We recruited for needs. Immediate needs. There is a better chance of immediate impact players with juco than high school. People have been firing this coaching staff for three years. They are trying to win now. Heavy high school class last year will offset a heavy juco class this year.

SoFlaTrojan
02-06-2014, 11:44 AM
In the press conference, our coach admitted he recruited JuCos for a quick fix.

What I didn't hear him say, unfortunately, was something like, "This is the best class we have had here at Troy", or "This class will be able to get us back to the top of our conference and back into bowl games."

He used to say things like that.

It is very dangerous to load up on so many community college athletes. I truly hope the gamble works, but I didn't sense a ton of optimism from the coaches in the press conference.

preacher
02-06-2014, 12:00 PM
In the press conference, our coach admitted he recruited JuCos for a quick fix.

What I didn't hear him say, unfortunately, was something like, "This is the best class we have had here at Troy", or "This class will be able to get us back to the top of our conference and back into bowl games."

He used to say things like that.

It is very dangerous to load up on so many community college athletes. I truly hope the gamble works, but I didn't sense a ton of optimism from the coaches in the press conference.

You don't know Larry very well. What he likes better than winning football games is keeping everyone snowed about what he is doing. Keeping a poker face. Yes they have said that the past few years. It hasn't come true. I think he and the coaching staff is very happy with what they have. He knows the cards he has in his hand and is keeping a poker face.

I don't know how long you have followed Troy football but our best years are when we loaded up with juco talent and sprinkled in the high school talent we wanted. If you look at our roster we are loaded for 2 yrs! Guess what! We will also have 2 recruiting classes to reload for 2 yrs down the road.

flockofoscars
02-06-2014, 12:05 PM
I like this recruiting class. Since when has recruiting classes rankings really mattered to Troy? I think LB is on his way out and wants to win. Also, High school players know he is on his way out so why go to a school that will soon have a totally new coaching staff? We should be much improved next year with a chance to win the sunbelt. the recruits im most excited about are the three DBs from Butler CC. They may be the MOST important additions. We will be fine and I think we will be incredibly dangerous next year!GO TROJANS :eatdrink004:

preacher
02-06-2014, 12:10 PM
Last year he said the class would get us back to winning ways. He stressed down the road several times. He knows that the talent he just brought in with young talent in place creates a pretty good situation.

dgoebel
02-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Last year he said the class would get us back to winning ways. He stressed down the road several times. He knows that the talent he just brought in with young talent in place creates a pretty good situation.

This talent still hasn't played a down of D1 ball. They have to learn everything in fall camp (other than the 4 enrolled now). No assurances they are better than what we have, they have to earn their position. Fall camp and the first game will tell.

preacher
02-06-2014, 12:27 PM
This talent still hasn't played a down of D1 ball. They have to learn everything in fall camp (other than the 4 enrolled now). No assurances they are better than what we have, they have to earn their position. Fall camp and the first game will tell.

Agreed they have to perform. But to say there is no difference in winning a state championship in high school and winning a national championship against a high level of talent is crazy. These guys are 1-3 yrs older than high school kids. Some have been humbled and have something to prove. They are grateful of the chance they now have. If we recruited a juco kid that does not make a greater impact than 80 percent of the high school kids we could recruit I would be surprised.

dgoebel
02-06-2014, 12:43 PM
Agreed they have to perform. But to say there is no difference in winning a state championship in high school and winning a national championship against a high level of talent is crazy. These guys are 1-3 yrs older than high school kids. Some have been humbled and have something to prove. They are grateful of the chance they now have. If we recruited a juco kid that does not make a greater impact than 80 percent of the high school kids we could recruit I would be surprised.

Camp will tell. These guys were in HS 2 years ago also. We had a group come in in 2012 but only a couple beat out the ones we had. It might make some guys elevate their game in camp. Tyler Roberts is a great example of this. He beat out a player projected to start and he was a R-FR. This is why you play the game. A QB battle, a DB battle, a WR battle and a DL battle. Going to be exciting, competitive and physical spring and fall camp.

Fully confident the best players will play. It will be exciting for sure.

SoFlaTrojan
02-06-2014, 12:53 PM
You don't know Larry very well. What he likes better than winning football games is keeping everyone snowed about what he is doing. Keeping a poker face.

Oh, so he wasn't keeping people guessing during the past few years (when he expressed so much optimism), but now he is? O.K. Clearly, you know him better than I do. He has changed his media tactics?

As I said, I hope the recruits work out well, and some of them sound fantastic. Also, as I said, there was a decided lack of enthusiasm in the coaches' voice in that conference - especially as compared to a few coaches I heard down here (and I listened to a few of them online and on radio).

Trojan_Thunder
02-06-2014, 01:50 PM
There's been little excitement from this coaching staff for three seasons now, but then again, three non-winning seasons tends to dull and dampen enthusiasm on many levels. Here is what I've gleaned from this year's recruiting haul: we're ranked dead last (from an outside source), it may or may not be due to LB's impending departure and we're hoping this class (which is ranked last) will help address immediate needs for a team which is coming off its third consecutive non-winning season.
Does this about sum things up? I really do hope this class turns out to be special in a good way, and Troy surprises everyone in 2014, and LB does get to go out on a winning note (if he indeed plans on retiring) That's what my heart hopes, but my head is less inclined to follow.

dgoebel
02-06-2014, 01:58 PM
My wish is that our existing DL beat these guys out so that we go to Athens with the group we had. That remark would p$%# me off and motivate me if I was a returning player. Maybe it was to light a fire in some guys?? I hope it does.

Hemi Man
02-06-2014, 02:12 PM
My wish is that our existing DL beat these guys out so that we go to Athens with the group we had. That remark would p$%# me off and motivate me if I was a returning player. Maybe it was to light a fire in some guys?? I hope it does.

So I'm going to assume that you wished for existing players to beat out Omar, Massaquoi, Wilson, and Reeves when they came from juco? Oddly enough you seemed in favor of Deon, a juco, taking Corey's spot.

Very short sided. May they best man win the position.

dgoebel
02-06-2014, 02:22 PM
Don't remember a coach saying we couldn't go to Tenn with Corey when Deon was signed, but your right the best player will start even if Deon didn't, but that is ancient history now. Still going to root for our young guys but I will cheer for whoever wins the job.

trojanbrutha
02-06-2014, 02:47 PM
I will be in the stands rooting for every young man that wears the Troy uniform. I don't have to agree with your view. I hope we win the next two years with this group. But to think there will not be a price 2 years from now is burying your head in the sand.

I am still a a Trojan Warrior, my child is still a Troy student, I am still a former player and alumni, I am still displaying my Troy collection in my office, the Troy stickers are still on mine and my wife's car, I am still buying Season tickets, I am still coming to T-Day. We don't have to agree with your thinking to be Troy supporters. I am and always will be a Troy Trojan, I am not nor ever will be a Yes man though.

Neither your comments nor mine have anything to do with being a yes man...that's a strawman. What it does have to do with is your dislike or utter disdain for juco players. It has been duly noted.

Tums
02-06-2014, 02:54 PM

I asked about the # Juco yesterday while visiting TDFH. If memory serves me correct I was told that after signing day there would be at least half the roster underclassmen in 2014 and over half those would have 4 years left to play.

dgoebel
02-06-2014, 03:21 PM
Neither your comments nor mine have anything to do with being a yes man...that's a strawman. What it does have to do with is your dislike or utter disdain for juco players. It has been duly noted.

Please show where I ever said " I utterly hate all juco players". I have friends who were juco players. There is instances where they are needed, like QB this year for depth. My concern is we used 90% of a signing class on 1-2 years. After the 2015 season all that's left of this class is 4 players, providing we don't lose any of those 4. I don't like words being used that I never said. I don't agree with 100% juco in basketball like Maestri did or 90% in a football signing class, That's is my right and opinion, same as your opinion that it is perfectly ok. Given a choice of 4-5 years out of a player or 2 I will choose the first. Grab a few juco players but be careful with how many, that is all I have ever said. Now on to Spring and May the best players win the job.

dgoebel
02-06-2014, 03:23 PM
I asked about the # Juco yesterday while visiting TDFH. If memory serves me correct I was told that after signing day there would be at least half the roster underclassmen in 2014 and over half those would have 4 years left to play.

Correct but what will the numbers look like after 2015? It will depend highly on what we sign next year.

trojanbrutha
02-06-2014, 03:54 PM
Please show where I ever said " I utterly hate all juco players". I have friends who were juco players. There is instances where they are needed, like QB this year for depth. My concern is we used 90% of a signing class on 1-2 years. After the 2015 season all that's left of this class is 4 players, providing we don't lose any of those 4. I don't like words being used that I never said. I don't agree with 100% juco in basketball like Maestri did or 90% in a football signing class, That's is my right and opinion, same as your opinion that it is perfectly ok. Given a choice of 4-5 years out of a player or 2 I will choose the first. Grab a few juco players but be careful with how many, that is all I have ever said. Now on to Spring and May the best players win the job.

Maestri did it for needs...LB did it because of need...you still whined about it, as usual...that's my opinion and my right, right? :confused013:

preacher
02-06-2014, 04:11 PM
Correct but what will the numbers look like after 2015? It will depend highly on what we sign next year.

...and the next year

There are 2 recruiting classes before 2016 is kicked off.

dgoebel
02-06-2014, 04:30 PM
Maestri did it for needs...LB did it because of need...you still whined about it, as usual...that's my opinion and my right, right? :confused013:

Maestri did it because he was a lazy recruiter. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion as is everyone else on this board. And I don't whine, I get upset. :jester: it's all good, I respect all opinions whether I agreed or not.

dgoebel
02-06-2014, 04:35 PM
...and the next year

There are 2 recruiting classes before 2016 is kicked off.

It will depend on how the recruiting percentages work out and how many scholarships we have.

dgoebel
02-06-2014, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=trojanbrutha;256207]Maestri did it for needs...LB did it because of need...you still whined about it, as usual...that's my opinion and my right, right? :

Delete post delete

Hemi Man
02-06-2014, 05:10 PM
It will depend on how the recruiting percentages work out and how many scholarships we have.

There's at least 14 scholarship seniors this year. There will, for a fact, be recruiting classes in the next two seasons.

dgoebel
02-06-2014, 05:16 PM
There's at least 14 scholarship seniors this year. There will, for a fact, be recruiting classes in the next two seasons.

Then does that mean we will have another small signing class next year also? If so then the class after 2015 would be around 28? Is that correct? I know variables play in like guys leaving, becoming ineligible etc.

Much easier to figure when we only had 40 scholarships when I played :jester:

Chasin170
02-06-2014, 05:19 PM
The real pisser is none of the Juco's were from south florida.....:laughing021:

Hemi Man
02-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Then does that mean we will have another small signing class next year also? If so then the class after 2015 would be around 28? Is that correct? I know variables play in like guys leaving, becoming ineligible etc.

Much easier to figure when we only had 40 scholarships when I played :jester:

Many variables in it. Such as a walk on being given a scholarship, a scholarship not being renewed, or underclassmen transferring.

dgoebel
02-06-2014, 05:23 PM
The real pisser is non of the Juco's were from south florida.....:laughing021:

One was from Ft. Myers. Now whether people from the real South Florida (not me thank goodness) on the other coast will consider Ft. Myers South Florida??? That is open for debate :laughing021:

dgoebel
02-06-2014, 05:26 PM
Many variables in it. Such as a walk on being given a scholarship, a scholarship not being renewed, or underclassmen transferring.

How many times has a coach not renewed a scholarship? Now if being released from the team for violation of rules counts, then it happens. I can't remember it happening when I played, it might of?? Guys left the team, maybe that was why :confused013:

trojanbrutha
02-06-2014, 05:48 PM
Maestri did it because he was a lazy recruiter. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion as is everyone else on this board. And I don't whine, I get upset. :jester: it's all good, I respect all opinions whether I agreed or not.

That's just crap this board came up with...Sartain was nothing to recruit to and Jim Boeheim couldn't bring hs kids there...next fallacy...

Buzz Lightyear
02-06-2014, 09:02 PM
well back on topic...... if we really are the 125th ranked team on recruiting we can make history and so can the guys on the team......I like our chances for next year and without rose colored glasses I believe 7 wins is really really really possible if not better......and I think those guys we signed will make some impact......The quarterback battle will be good and I think we will pleased with the outcome.....either way I really do not believe we are last place.....but time will tell and I think those guys signed will have some fun with using that line....

trojanbrutha
02-06-2014, 09:31 PM
well back on topic...... if we really are the 125th ranked team on recruiting we can make history and so can the guys on the team......I like our chances for next year and without rose colored glasses I believe 7 wins is really really really possible if not better......and I think those guys we signed will make some impact......The quarterback battle will be good and I think we will pleased with the outcome.....either way I really do not believe we are last place.....but time will tell and I think those guys signed will have some fun with using that line....

The way that the recruiting sites grade guys that they hadn't had someone put "eyes on" is to give a default grade or no grade. Even if a kid may be a 3 or 4* talent, he hasn't been to any camps or combines, it doesn't show in the final rankings. Thank our coaches for going off the beaten path to get us guys to be proud of and to cheer for...

TUTrojan
02-06-2014, 09:56 PM
The "beaten path" seems to be some decent JUCO teams. I guess I am wondering how many of these guys will remain qualified and see time in a Troy uniform? Surely most were noticed based on team success, statistics, and other top signees being on their teams?

We've had plenty of supposedly great JUCO players not pan out, the quantity of which left some huge holes in our roster in several classes...

trojanbrutha
02-06-2014, 10:12 PM
The reference was actually in regards to some of the smaller high schools that TROY recruits from. Recruiting sites don't visit those schools very often so they don't grade those kids, unless they attend one of the recruiting sites combine or camp.

flockofoscars
02-06-2014, 11:03 PM
I actually talked to LB tonight at the basketball game and he told me that the combination of last years class and this years class we should be very dangerous. He told me this class really excites him. I don't buy into recruiting levels at schools our size. There are so many players its hard for these sites to tell who actually is better than who. 4 and 5 stars are the ones they really spend time on. 3 stars and lower gets a lot more grey. The difference between a 1 star and 3 star may be very small. Don't worry guys we will be fine and who gives a flying piece of crap what 247 or bleacher report say about our guys? They are Trojans now and in my mind that makes them the best class in the Sun Belt. Go Trojans!:eatdrink004:

Lego
02-07-2014, 07:22 AM
I actually talked to LB tonight at the basketball game and he told me that the combination of last years class and this years class we should be very dangerous. He told me this class really excites him. I don't buy into recruiting levels at schools our size. There are so many players its hard for these sites to tell who actually is better than who. 4 and 5 stars are the ones they really spend time on. 3 stars and lower gets a lot more grey. The difference between a 1 star and 3 star may be very small. Don't worry guys we will be fine and who gives a flying piece of crap what 247 or bleacher report say about our guys? They are Trojans now and in my mind that makes them the best class in the Sun Belt. Go Trojans!:eatdrink004:

Of course if he going to tell you that. (He certainly is not going to tell you it is lacking ) He is a salesman, all Head coaches are.

I would rather have a full recruiting class of 3 and 4 stars, don't delude yourself otherwise.

It was said earlier, CLB is leaving, trying to win now and next to impossible to recruit when the recruit does not know who the next HC will be.

Side note: Masetri recruited JUCOS and the program was worse than a dumpster fire at a chemical plant.

Chasin170
02-07-2014, 07:53 AM
It's just good business for paid sites to rank the unoffered players of the most internet active fan's team higher.When such site is the only evaluation then it becomes the "composite" of one.......a misnomer.

The truth of the matter is some of these evaluations are done by "scouts" who never played a down of football watching a HUDL highlight in their sock feet.

Recruits tweeting about walk on opportunities as "offers" also add to the cluster of "published" misinformation and give rise to the offer differences posted by sites.

We wanted defense and with the players remaining and the ones coming in we got it coming!

trojanbrutha
02-07-2014, 09:50 AM

Barry tweeted this article today...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/division-schools-flock-again-kansas-224751058--ncaaf.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hemi Man
02-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Of course if he going to tell you that. (He certainly is not going to tell you it is lacking ) He is a salesman, all Head coaches are.

I would rather have a full recruiting class of 3 and 4 stars, don't delude yourself otherwise.

It was said earlier, CLB is leaving, trying to win now and next to impossible to recruit when the recruit does not know who the next HC will be.

Side note: Masetri recruited JUCOS and the program was worse than a dumpster fire at a chemical plant.

Contrary to the belief of some on here juco players are not the antichrist and they do not cause teams to lose. He quality of the players and coaches are leading causes of wins and losses in all sports.

That 2010 Maestri team was pretty good despite all those evil jucos.

TroyFootball05
02-07-2014, 10:17 AM
Contrary to the belief of some on here juco players are not the antichrist and they do not cause teams to lose. He quality of the players and coaches are leading causes of wins and losses in all sports.

We won five SBC Titles using the same strategy. The scientific method tells me it must be something else.

Lego
02-07-2014, 10:17 AM
Regardless of all the blind people trying to say this was a good recruiting year,

Troy is ranking last or near last, in the whole country !!!

Flippin' Idaho beat us. Spin all you want, it sucks. Sorry face the reality. We need new blood, time to clean house top to bottom.

dgoebel
02-07-2014, 10:43 AM

Nobody ever called them the antichrist. The main problem when you use to many is you are in major rebuilding every 2 years...ie with Maestri. We loaded up on defense in 2012 with juco players, thus the huge gap to fill again this year. I am hoping these players are the real deal and help us win because we are going to be right back to this huge hole again in 2016.

I am not calling them evil, the antichrist or anything else. They are Troy Trojans now and thus will have my support. May there Troy experience be great and may they win a championship while here.

flockofoscars
02-07-2014, 01:48 PM
Regardless of all the blind people trying to say this was a good recruiting year,

Flippin' Idaho beat us. Spin all you want, it sucks. Sorry face the reality. We need new blood, time to clean house top to bottom.

Those DBs we got from Butler wasn't a good move then? What about Pruitt? These guys are no good? I agree it wasn't the absolute best but it also wasn't terrible. These rankings suck and are total garbage in my opinion. The top 25 to 35 classes are the only ones that these people really look at. This recruiting class does not SUCK...

Lego
02-07-2014, 01:49 PM
We won five SBC Titles using the same strategy. The scientific method tells me it must be something else.

How has that strategy worked out lately ?

Living on and in the past. Have to adapt change with the now.

Lego
02-07-2014, 01:54 PM
Those DBs we got from Butler wasn't a good move then? What about Pruitt? These guys are no good? I agree it wasn't the absolute best but it also wasn't terrible. These rankings suck and are total garbage in my opinion. The top 25 to 35 classes are the only ones that these people really look at. This recruiting class does not SUCK...

As a whole it SUCKS. Last in the country. We are getting laughed at.

Some of the individual parts look promising, we will see. But CLB has said that before and a lot of JUCOS came in and couldn't even get into the starting rotation.

flockofoscars
02-07-2014, 01:59 PM
As a whole it SUCKS. Last in the country. We are getting laughed at.

Some of the individual parts look promising, we will see. But CLB has said that before and a lot of JUCOS came in and couldn't even get into the starting rotation.

I agree it doesn't have the star power but I am going to wait and see how it fares before I say its a sucky recruiting class. And its true that those recruiting websites are pretty stupid when it comes to deeper in the player pool. I just do not like already saying this class SUCKS from our own fans. We shall see I suppose. I still have high hopes for them and think they can be competitive and successful

Lego
02-07-2014, 04:20 PM
I agree it doesn't have the star power but I am going to wait and see how it fares before I say its a sucky recruiting class. And its true that those recruiting websites are pretty stupid when it comes to deeper in the player pool. I just do not like already saying this class SUCKS from our own fans. We shall see I suppose. I still have high hopes for them and think they can be competitive and successful

Individually they can be real successful, but the "class" as a whole is dead last in the country for a reason.

Don't blame the kids, they get a chance to get a great education from a great university. Which is awesome.

This staff is stale. Who wouldn't have preferred to be ranked 75th instead of 125th? You can't just shrug off the rankings just because you don't like them. They are a measuring stick, are they 100% accurate? Of course not.

But saying they are meaningless because we finish dead last in them smells.

Trojan_Thunder
02-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Individually they can be real successful, but the "class" as a whole is dead last in the country for a reason.

Don't blame the kids, they get a chance to get a great education from a great university. Which is awesome.

This staff is stale. Who wouldn't have preferred to be ranked 75th instead of 125th? You can't just shrug off the rankings just because you don't like them. They are a measuring stick, are they 100% accurate? Of course not.

But saying they are meaningless because we finish dead last in them smells.

Lego, you're right on when you say this staff is " stale." It was sad watching the press conference yesterday. No energy or enthusiasm, just the same old, same old. This is why Troy has three consecutive non winning seasons.

Troygrandfather
02-07-2014, 06:15 PM
Been out of town, so just catching up on the recruiting news. I have some questions, concerns, and positives on this group taken, also, know there can still be others added it appears based on the numbers from this week I saw.

Question: Looks to be low on the Defense numbers in my opinion. May be more things going on behind scenes, but def needed some size in this area. Looks to have WR, love the size of the JUCCO , needs to see some action.
How are we on Kicker/Punter. I figured a JUCCO to replace Scott from last year, who will be missed on punting?

Concern but positive: 4 QB's, I never understood 2 JUCCO's, one I did. Only 3 will travel normally? Who will be left at home, miserable since no redshirt? Look for 1 to transfer out for sure, if other options come open, positive, should push for the best one to start. Spring Practice should be exciting and all appear to be leaders from the interview I saw of JUCCO and what I have heard on Tidwell and Silvers. Just some concern and loyalty to shown to the 2 who have been there already working. I personally look for a 1 A and B kind of like Corey and Deon, and based on what little seen Tidwell and Pruitt, but sure don't need to lose anyone.

Any insight?

As far as stars, so not important.

Hemi Man
02-07-2014, 06:22 PM
Been out of town, so just catching up on the recruiting news. I have some questions, concerns, and positives on this group taken, also, know there can still be others added it appears based on the numbers from this week I saw.

Question: Looks to be low on the Defense numbers in my opinion. May be more things going on behind scenes, but def needed some size in this area. Looks to have WR, love the size of the JUCCO , needs to see some action.
How are we on Kicker/Punter. I figured a JUCCO to replace Scott from last year, who will be missed on punting?

Concern but positive: 4 QB's, I never understood 2 JUCCO's, one I did. Only 3 will travel normally? Who will be left at home, miserable since no redshirt? Look for 1 to transfer out for sure, if other options come open, positive, should push for the best one to start. Spring Practice should be exciting and all appear to be leaders from the interview I saw of JUCCO and what I have heard on Tidwell and Silvers. Just some concern and loyalty to shown to the 2 who have been there already working. I personally look for a 1 A and B kind of like Corey and Deon, and based on what little seen Tidwell and Pruitt, but sure don't need to lose anyone.

Any insight?

As far as stars, so not important.

Seems to me that by bringing in 2 quarterbacks in the Spring they weren't sold on either of the two guys returning to get the job done.

Just my opinion.

dgoebel
02-07-2014, 06:51 PM
Seems to me that by bringing in 2 quarterbacks in the Spring they weren't sold on either of the two guys returning to get the job done.

Just my opinion.

My opinion is we lose Silvers if he doesn't play, possibly Tidwell to a FCS to play. Then again they might be better than the two juco's. The one from Iowa didn't get playing time at UNI so he transferred. Spring will tell.

TFan
02-07-2014, 07:59 PM

The rankings at the END of next season will speak much louder than the rankings you refer to. We'll just wait and see.

Let 'em laugh now. Maybe we get the last laugh? Maybe not.

Whatever happens, I believe your wish to clean house may come true next year regardless, making you some kind of seer then I suppose????? :thumb:

thrl595
02-07-2014, 10:38 PM
Lump us in with The Eastern Michigans of the football world. How in the world can you be out recruited by NMSU and Idaho?:confused013:

Someone please tell me that I'm overreacting and that everything will be okay. It sure stinks to suck again!

Hemi Man
02-08-2014, 12:19 AM
Lump us in with The Eastern Michigans of the football world. How in the world can you be out recruited by NMSU and Idaho?:confused013:

Someone please tell me that I'm overreacting and that everything will be okay. It sure stinks to suck again!

You are overreacting. Everything will be ok.

Chasin170
02-08-2014, 09:36 AM
This recruiting class has 3 3 star guys (Scout) two years in high school ago before they transferred to Troy.Scout doesn't even check it's own data base ??

Just counting those guys puts this class into the 70's in recruiting.......rest,buy tickets and enjoy next year!

GoTroyGo1
02-08-2014, 05:33 PM
This recruiting class has 3 3 star guys (Scout) two years in high school ago before they transferred to Troy.Scout doesn't even check it's own data base ??

Just counting those guys puts this class into the 70's in recruiting.......rest,buy tickets and enjoy next year!

This class looks like garbage according to what I saw from ESPN. I hope I am wrong. DeMarcus Ware wan't recruited by anyone and I know especially at the level we are at, it is sort of a crap shoot as the Non-Aq's get the players left over after the Aq's get finished. We will get the final judgement on this group in 2 years.

TroyFootball05
02-08-2014, 05:49 PM
This class looks like garbage according to what I saw from ESPN. I hope I am wrong. DeMarcus Ware wan't recruited by anyone and I know especially at the level we are at, it is sort of a crap shoot as the Non-Aq's get the players left over after the Aq's get finished. We will get the final judgement on this group in 2 years.

We will know this year. 13 of 18 or 19 were JUCOs. They are expected to play immediately. I like our chances. 6 of the JUCOs I am extremely excited about. The 3 DBs from Butler, Pruitt, Bentley, and Ruben. These six guys look like game changers. Add in the Ole Miss OL transfer and I can say I'm very excited about 7 guys.

Also the other QB, Bravard, was 44-1 in HS, and I don't think he lost a lot of JUCO games because they were #2 in the nation. This guy doesn't know much about losing, that's always been helpful in the past with unranked kids. Our title years had a ton of unranked guys that just didn't lose often in high school.