PDA

View Full Version : QB battle!

flockofoscars
02-05-2014, 05:13 PM
I am very excited and curious on who will be our QB next year! I am kind of rooting for Pruitt because he kind of reminds me of Russell Wilson :thumb: lol what are y'alls thoughts?

newnan trojan
02-05-2014, 05:18 PM
I like Connor... But who ever it is I'll be behind 100%

dgoebel
02-05-2014, 05:19 PM
I am very excited and curious on who will be our QB next year! I am kind of rooting for Pruitt because he kind of reminds me of Russell Wilson :thumb: lol what are y'alls thoughts?

Not sure if we will have a definite answer coming out of spring. This could carry over to fall camp. Exciting to have a QB battle after 4 years.

flockofoscars
02-05-2014, 05:21 PM
I like Connor... But who ever it is I'll be behind 100%

Me too its just exciting how many guys are in the competition :thumb:

dgoebel
02-05-2014, 05:26 PM
I am pulling for Silvers or Tidwell first just because they have paid their dues. With that said I like what Pruitt has in being a true dual threat like Deon. Will have to see how the two juco qb's pick up the offense and how all 4 react in game scenarios. It will be exciting.

On a super positive note, this could potentially be one of the best OL we have had. I think we will have 12 or 13 with actual game experience.

flockofoscars
02-05-2014, 05:34 PM
I am pulling for Silvers or Tidwell first just because they have paid their dues. With that said I like what Pruitt has in being a true dual threat like Deon. Will have to see how the two juco qb's pick up the offense and how all 4 react in game scenarios. It will be exciting.

On a super positive note, this could potentially be one of the best OL we have had. I think we will have 12 or 13 with actual game experience.

I have a good feeling about this upcoming season but I will be cautiously optimistic. Just feels like a lot of things have been set in place for a SBC championship. Pass Defense should be much better and offensive line looks good. RBs and WRs look stout. Chunn is an animal. QB should be strong. Schedule isn't horrid. Just feels like this could be our year

dgoebel
02-05-2014, 05:48 PM
I have a good feeling about this upcoming season but I will be cautiously optimistic. Just feels like a lot of things have been set in place for a SBC championship. Pass Defense should be much better and offensive line looks good. RBs and WRs look stout. Chunn is an animal. QB should be strong. Schedule isn't horrid. Just feels like this could be our year

Keep em all healthy, it starts with that :thumb:

Mr.E_205_Legion
02-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Keep em all healthy, it starts with that :thumb:

AND academically eligible :thumb:

TroyFootball05
02-05-2014, 06:10 PM
I like all of them. Pruitt and Silvers have more bells and whistles, though that doesn't guarantee anything.

From a recruiting standpoint, getting QB Pruitt (NJCAA AA), WR Ruben (NJCAA AA), and WR Bentley (6'5", 3-Star JUCO), we have injected some serious nitro into this offense.

flockofoscars
02-05-2014, 07:45 PM
I like all of them. Pruitt and Silvers have more bells and whistles, though that doesn't guarantee anything.

From a recruiting standpoint, getting QB Pruitt (NJCAA AA), WR Ruben (NJCAA AA), and WR Bentley (6'5", 3-Star JUCO), we have injected some serious nitro into this offense.

Ruben should help our kick return out a TONNNNN.

TroyFootball05
02-05-2014, 10:17 PM
Ruben should help our kick return out a TONNNNN.

I agree. My only concern is that I feel we have a few that are more than capable already that are held back by our blocking scheme. Not much you can when your opponent is in your face as soon as you catch the ball.

flockofoscars
02-05-2014, 11:28 PM
I agree. My only concern is that I feel we have a few that are more than capable already that are held back by our blocking scheme. Not much you can when your opponent is in your face as soon as you catch the ball.

This is true. There were countless times the runner would get the ball on the 10 and by the time he was on the 15 he was being swarmed. Need to fix that asap

dgoebel
02-06-2014, 10:03 AM
This is true. There were countless times the runner would get the ball on the 10 and by the time he was on the 15 he was being swarmed. Need to fix that asap

100% agree. Kick off and punt return blocking has to improve. To many times I seen us field a kick on the 10 and get his head taken off at the 15. The other thing that was frustrating was all the returns where we ran to the sideline?? Allows pursuit to catch up. Field the kick and get vertical.