PDA

View Full Version : 6 Home Games

TroyFootball05
02-05-2014, 04:54 PM
I'm sure it has been discussed ad-nauseam here, and I'm sure I must have missed it. It's good to have six again.

Home Games:

Abeline-Christian, New Mexico State, Georgia State, Appalachian State, UL Lafayette, and Duke.

Away Games:

Idaho, UAB, Georgia Southern, South Alabama, ULM, and Georgia.

Don't Play: Arkansas State & Texas State

Interesting Notes: Georgia Southern in their first year of FBS and SBC play will not play Arkansas State & Louisiana. Their road to a SBC championship is significantly easier than everyone else.

Our schedule is way easier than it was three years ago in 2011. I can't see us being anything less than 7-5 with this schedule.

http://troytrojans.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=136&path=football

http://www.fbschedules.com/2013/09/2014-sun-belt-conference-football-opponents/

dgoebel
02-05-2014, 04:57 PM
I'm sure it has been discussed ad-nauseam here, and I'm sure I must have missed it. It's good to have six again.

Home Games:

Abeline-Christian, Georgia State, New Mexico State, Appalachian State, UL Lafayette, and Duke.

Away Games:

Idaho, UAB, Georgia Southern, South Alabama, ULM, & Georgia

Interesting Notes: Georgia Southern in their first year of FBS and SBC play will not play Arkansas State & Louisiana. Their road to a SBC championship is significantly easier than everyone else.

Our schedule is way easier than it was three years ago in 2011. I can't see us being anything less than 7-5 with this schedule.

I don't think Georgia Southern or App St. Will be eligible for the title the first year??? Not 100% certain but I think that is the case.

Schedule is easier. 4 are almost certain wins. UAB and USA should be but look at what happened this season so it's not a given. Georgia Southern and App. St. Are wild cards, ULL will be tough, ULM without Browning we should win, Georgia is a loss and Duke at home will be exciting.

newnan trojan
02-05-2014, 05:13 PM
I'm most excited about Duke... Should be a Mississippi State like crowd at VMS

newnan trojan
02-05-2014, 05:17 PM
I don't think Georgia Southern or App St. Will be eligible for the title the first year??? Not 100% certain but I think that is the case.

Schedule is easier. 4 are almost certain wins. UAB and USA should be but look at what happened this season so it's not a given. Georgia Southern and App. St. Are wild cards, ULL will be tough, ULM without Browning we should win, Georgia is a loss and Duke at home will be exciting.

Hold your tongue... We NEVER beat ULM... And last time we beat them AT ULM was 2001.... They are likely a loss in my book anymore. They just have our number.

dgoebel
02-05-2014, 05:21 PM
Hold your tongue... We NEVER beat ULM... And last time we beat them AT ULM was 2001.... They are likely a loss in my book anymore. They just have our number.

They dont have Browning anymore so that is a positive.

newnan trojan
02-05-2014, 05:25 PM
They dont have Browning anymore so that is a positive.

It's a positive. But heck they have beaten us without browning a few years ago too.

Heck this past year wasn't even close. They kicked our butts on our own field.

dgoebel
02-05-2014, 05:27 PM
It's a positive. But heck they have beaten us without browning a few years ago too.

Heck this past year wasn't even close. They kicked out butts on our own field.

Browning accounted for 6 scores. You don't replace him, he was a gamer.

newnan trojan
02-05-2014, 05:29 PM
Browning accounted for 6 scores. You don't replace him, he was a gamer.

What about 2011 when they stomped our butts at Troy without him? Or 2008?

newnan trojan
02-05-2014, 05:30 PM
All I'm saying is, ULM is no automatic win without browning for Troy... Until we can prove it and win AT ULM I'm gonna count it as a loss.

dgoebel
02-05-2014, 05:31 PM
What about 2011 when they stomped our butts at Troy without him? Or 2008?

I believe he was the QB in 2011. But I will agree that we have problems on the road at Monroe, I have even heard Coach Blakney say that/

newnan trojan
02-05-2014, 05:39 PM
I believe he was the QB in 2011. But I will agree that we have problems on the road at Monroe, I have even heard Coach Blakney say that/

They got a voodoo hex on us.

Doug4Troy
02-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Heard we were working on a home game with Alabama State in the near future. I hope it happens, that will be a well attended game!

dgoebel
02-05-2014, 05:46 PM

That would be The Cajuns....Monroe has some kind of Duck Curse :rollinglaugh:

dgoebel
02-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Heard we were working on a home game with Alabama State in the near future. I hope it happens, that will be a well attended game!

25K plus almost guaranteed attendance.

newnan trojan
02-05-2014, 05:48 PM
25K plus almost guaranteed attendance.

I think Duke will be a 25k plus... Plus it's the first home game. Maybe closer to 28k

dgoebel
02-05-2014, 05:51 PM
I think Duke will be a 25k plus... Plus it's the first home game. Maybe closer to 28k

Could be. It doesnt have the swagger of a SEC opponent but its still a name opponent from the ACC

newnan trojan
02-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Could be. It doesnt have the swagger of a SEC opponent but its still a name opponent from the ACC

It doesn't. But Duke was a top ACC team playing in the ACC championship. And played Texas A&M down to the wire in the chick fil a bowl.

It's a bigger game now than it was this time last year.

dgoebel
02-05-2014, 06:02 PM
A win puts us back on the map. That would be a huge win for us

newnan trojan
02-05-2014, 06:09 PM
A win puts us back on the map. That would be a huge win for us

Agreed

I'm hoping duke is ranked. Which is possible.

TroyFootball05
02-05-2014, 06:20 PM
The Duke game will be tougher than most people think. They know what kind of offense we have now, and they won't take us lightly. That said, they won a lot of games last year, but didn't look extremely impressive doing it. We usually do very well in these types of home games though. It should be a good game.

dgoebel
02-06-2014, 04:57 PM
The Duke game will be tougher than most people think. They know what kind of offense we have now, and they won't take us lightly. That said, they won a lot of games last year, but didn't look extremely impressive doing it. We usually do very well in these types of home games though. It should be a good game.

They played A&M to the wire. Playing UGA and Duke so early can be good or bad?? Hopefully we are healthy and full steam coming out of camp. It might be better to have our new QB with games in, but hopefully we surprise both of them. Could you imagine Troy at 4-0 with wins over UGA and Duke :thumb: can you say ranking???

Buzz Lightyear
02-07-2014, 09:21 AM

ITS NOT VOOODOOO......its the dang water in Monroe.....its like that Sochi water over there.......can't drink it cause it contaminates you......once you've been to Monroe you are never the same.......Like Chernobyl...or Sochi plain contaminated ......Infected......then they just put that little government device turned on and it makes our players do poorly........

PROOF its not VOOOODOOO

Lego
02-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Could you imagine Troy at 4-0 with wins over UGA and Duke ?

Is the same coaching staff as last year preparing and calling the plays ?

TrojanEmpire
02-07-2014, 10:33 AM

Home Games:

Abeline-Christian, Georgia State, New Mexico State, Appalachian State, UL Lafayette, and Duke.

Away Games:

Idaho, UAB, Georgia Southern, South Alabama, ULM, & Georgia

7-5 is what I am thinking as well

dgoebel
02-07-2014, 10:51 AM
11-1 or 10-2 is a possibility also. Injuries or we don't play well 4-8 is also very possible. Going to be an exciting year.

ValleyBoy
02-07-2014, 12:45 PM

I am just going off what Benson said when Georgia Southern and AppSt join the conference. He said that both will be eligible this next football season to play in the conference championship game if there were 12 teams in the conference. From that statement I would take it that both are eligible to win the title.

dgoebel
02-07-2014, 12:52 PM
Georgia Southern could surprise some teams. They lost their coach but the triple option is difficult to prepare for and can lead to trouble. However they don't throw near as well as Navy did but they have much more speed.

trojanbrutha
02-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Georgia Southern could surprise some teams. They lost their coach but the triple option is difficult to prepare for and can lead to trouble. However they don't throw near as well as Navy did but they have much more speed.

I was under the impression that they were going to a passing, up-tempo offense...:confused013:

dgoebel
02-07-2014, 01:36 PM
I was under the impression that they were going to a passing, up-tempo offense...:confused013:

I have a very good friend who is a Georgia Southern Alum and was actually a GA for Erk Russell. He was talking to me about when Chris Hatcher came there I believe after Paul Johnson, and put the spread in. It was an utter disaster. The people at Southern like the flex bone and actually consider it the official offense of Georgia Southern. If this is true it will be interesting. For one, I don't think they have the personnel for it and after Hatcher I don't know how the fans will react to it. I will check with Bob and see what the scoop is.

Lego
02-07-2014, 01:56 PM
11-1 or 10-2 is a possibility also.

Put down the crack pipe

TroyFootball05
02-07-2014, 02:46 PM
Put down the crack pipe

There are only two teams on this schedule that are significantly better than us. The rest are all very, very beatable. This schedule is by far the easiest we've had since moving to Division 1-A/FBS. 10-2 will be tough, but not unreasonable.

ValleyBoy
02-07-2014, 03:43 PM
I have a very good friend who is a Georgia Southern Alum and was actually a GA for Erk Russell. He was talking to me about when Chris Hatcher came there I believe after Paul Johnson, and put the spread in. It was an utter disaster. The people at Southern like the flex bone and actually consider it the official offense of Georgia Southern. If this is true it will be interesting. For one, I don't think they have the personnel for it and after Hatcher I don't know how the fans will react to it. I will check with Bob and see what the scoop is.

Georgia Southern new HC runs a shotgun formation option offense. Since returning to a option based offense after Hatcher was fired the Eagles have only averaged passing the ball about 10 times a game. There have been games that no pass attempts were made during the game. Against Florida the Eagles only threw 3 passes with no completions.

Georgia Southern New HC Willie Fritz who was hired from Sam Houston likes to attempt about 20 passes a game. The Eagles will still be a run first offense but will pass the ball just a little more than Eagle fans are used too.

Below is an article telling a little about Fritz's offense.

http://www.statesboroherald.com/section/291/article/56654/

dgoebel
02-07-2014, 04:01 PM
Georgia Southern new HC runs a shotgun formation option offense. Since returning to a option based offense after Hatcher was fired the Eagles have only averaged passing the ball about 10 times a game. There have been games that no pass attempts were made during the game. Against Florida the Eagles only threw 3 passes with no completions.

Georgia Southern New HC Willie Fritz who was hired from Sam Houston likes to attempt about 20 passes a game. The Eagles will still be a run first offense but will pass the ball just a little more than Eagle fans are used too.

Below is an article telling a little about Fritz's offense.

http://www.statesboroherald.com/section/291/article/56654/

Kinda sounds like a mix of Auburn and what Texas St. ran. I actually like our chances better with this than the flex bone.

thrl595
02-07-2014, 10:42 PM
11-1 or 10-2 is a possibility also. Injuries or we don't play well 4-8 is also very possible. Going to be an exciting year.

How was the trip to Colorado?:wave:

dgoebel
02-07-2014, 10:48 PM
How was the trip to Colorado?:wave:

I wouldn't know, you tell me :rolleyes04:

thrl595
02-07-2014, 10:51 PM
There are only two teams on this schedule that are significantly better than us. The rest are all very, very beatable. This schedule is by far the easiest we've had since moving to Division 1-A/FBS. 10-2 will be tough, but not unreasonable.

I think everyone would do backflips to go 7-5.

dgoebel
02-07-2014, 11:01 PM

Can't take any for granted except Abilene Christian. UAB took us to OT, USA we beat with 7 seconds to go, Georgia State the worst team in FBS we beat by 7, ULL has beat us 3 years in a row, can't recall the last time we beat ULM, Georgia Southern has a new coach with a proven track record, App. St. Has championship tradition. Very, Very beatable??? NO.....beatable? YES.

TroyFootball05
02-07-2014, 11:02 PM

Not with this schedule. I'd welcome a winning season for the first time in a while, but 7-5 against ACU, Idaho, NMSU, GSU, UAB, USA and one of Appalachian or Georgia Southern is nothing to do backflips over. We're not as good as we used to be, but these teams are either just as lacking, or waaay worse. We are not the worst team in the country, but three or four of these would vie for that spot.

dgoebel
02-08-2014, 08:40 AM
Not with this schedule. I'd welcome a winning season for the first time in a while, but 7-5 against ACU, Idaho, NMSU, GSU, UAB, USA and one of Appalachian or Georgia Southern is nothing to do backflips over. We're not as good as we used to be, but these teams are either just as lacking, or waaay worse. We are not the worst team in the country, but three or four of these would vie for that spot.

UAB (by 3 in OT), USA (outplayed us, we beat them by 1 with 7 seconds to go), Ga State ( worst team in FBS, we won by 7), Georgia Southern ( beat Florida). I don't understand how we look at these teams as pushovers or way worse than us. Yes, I think we can/should beat them, but it is by no means a given....they aren't Savannah State.

trojanbrutha
02-08-2014, 12:21 PM

I'm interested in the best results they can provide. Not a fan of a losing team, but I don't believe anyone should be put to death if an undefeated season isn't realized...:thumb:

trojanbrutha
02-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Can't take any for granted except Abilene Christian. UAB took us to OT, USA we beat with 7 seconds to go, Georgia State the worst team in FBS we beat by 7, ULL has beat us 3 years in a row, can't recall the last time we beat ULM, Georgia Southern has a new coach with a proven track record, App. St. Has championship tradition. Very, Very beatable??? NO.....beatable? YES.

I feel it necessary to remind you that each season stands on its own merit...is it a must that we take a defeatist attitude before anyone has donned a Trojan uniform for the '14 season? At least let's see what potential this team has during spring practice. :eatdrink004:

dgoebel
02-08-2014, 12:30 PM
I feel it necessary to remind you that each season stands on its own merit...is it a must that we take a defeatist attitude before anyone has donned a Trojan uniform for the '14 season? At least let's see what potential this team has during spring practice. :eatdrink004:

Difference in realist and defeatist. Does this team have the potential to go 10-2? Absolutely. My point was to many refer to UAB and USA as some lay down opponent. USA had the same record as us and outplayed us and UAB took us to OT. We can't assume any of these games are gimmes. And Yes, spring will tell a lot about the QB situation but fall will tell more about the D as that is when the juco d players arrive.

TroyFootball05
02-08-2014, 12:32 PM
UAB (by 3 in OT), USA (outplayed us, we beat them by 1 with 7 seconds to go), Ga State ( worst team in FBS, we won by 7), Georgia Southern ( beat Florida). I don't understand how we look at these teams as pushovers or way worse than us. Yes, I think we can/should beat them, but it is by no means a given....they aren't Savannah State.

I don't see how you could come to the conclusion you just did, haha. Those teams we barely beat are just as lacking as we are, agree? They are not heads and tails better than we are. By that logic, I think what I said was correct. The ones that are way worse are ACU, Idaho, and NMSU. Louisiana and ULM are actually pretty on par with Troy based on last year's ULL performance and no Browning.

No one is referring to USA and UAB as laydown opponents, we just aren't conceding that they are better than us. They are as good or worse. UAB has a new coach, USA has a new DC, a new QB Coach, and lost their all world QB Ross Metheney. They are on par with Troy or worse, IMO.

Yes, Georgia Southern beat a terrible Florida team that didn't care one iota about preparing for them. They have a new coach, and a modified offense. They also lost 4 FCS games last year.

Those 10 teams are as good or worse as Troy. That's why I make the argument we could go 10-2. This schedule is not like previous years. You could make an argument that ULL and ULM don't fall into the good or worse than Troy category, but that's about it. Great schedule.

trojanbrutha
02-08-2014, 12:45 PM
Difference in realist and defeatist. Does this team have the potential to go 10-2? Absolutely. My point was to many refer to UAB and USA as some lay down opponent. USA had the same record as us and outplayed us and UAB took us to OT. We can't assume any of these games are gimmes. And Yes, spring will tell a lot about the QB situation but fall will tell more about the D as that is when the juco d players arrive.

True, but for whatever reason. You can call it devine providence or plain, ol' luck, but those were Ws for the Men of TROY...last year. Only a soothsayer can look into the future for the final outcome. Since I nor anyone else around here is one, let's have a little fun with it until we see into the future on TROY football during the spring. :thumb:

dgoebel
02-08-2014, 12:56 PM
I don't see how you could come to the conclusion you just did, haha. Those teams we barely beat are just as lacking as we are, agree? They are not heads and tails better than we are. By that logic, I think what I said was correct. The ones that are way worse are ACU, Idaho, and NMSU. Louisiana and ULM are actually pretty on par with Troy based on last year's ULL performance and no Browning.

No one is referring to USA and UAB as laydown opponents, we just aren't conceding that they are better than us. They are as good or worse. UAB has a new coach, USA has a new DC, a new QB Coach, and lost their all world QB Ross Metheney. They are on par with Troy or worse, IMO.

Yes, Georgia Southern beat a terrible Florida team that didn't care one iota about preparing for them. They have a new coach, and a modified offense. They also lost 4 FCS games last year.

Those 10 teams are as good or worse as Troy. That's why I make the argument we could go 10-2. This schedule is not like previous years. You could make an argument that ULL and ULM don't fall into the good or worse than Troy category, but that's about it. Great schedule.

I absolutely agree we could "potentially" go 11-1 or 10-2. Depends on a few things 1) how well our new QB plays. 2) how improved our D is. 3) if we lose any to academics (bit us bad the past 2seasons) 4) if we can stay healthy.

Got to get ready to play them all and also we get out of this problem of playing down to our opponent ie FAU and MTSU in 2012. And the Georgia State game last season. Get everything together and we are looking good.

dgoebel
02-08-2014, 01:05 PM
True, but for whatever reason. You can call it devine providence or plain, ol' luck, but those were Ws for the Men of TROY...last year. Only a soothsayer can look into the future for the final outcome. Since I nor anyone else around here is one, let's have a little fun with it until we see into the future on TROY football during the spring. :thumb:

Looking forward to seeing our QB competition this spring. Not sure how much we can tell of the D as the majority of the juco players don't arrive till fall camp.

On a side note, I really hope these DL come in in shape. I remember the camp of 2012 and Coach Butler saying they weren't in shape. One of the drawbacks of not going through the off season, the octagon, and spring ball. Going to think positive and hope they come in game ready. Go Trojans!!!

Lego
02-08-2014, 04:30 PM
So y'all are saying we could go 10-2 not because we have a great team with great coaches but we could go 10-2 because our schedule sucks so bad.

TroyFootball05
02-08-2014, 05:30 PM
So y'all are saying we could go 10-2 not because we have a great team with great coaches but we could go 10-2 because our schedule sucks so bad.

I think we'll have a pretty good team. Great would be teams like Boise or NIU. I'm not sure we'll be that good.

This schedule is pretty weak. Good teams can go 10-2 with this schedule. Great teams would go 11-1 or 12-0.

Doug4Troy
02-09-2014, 06:23 PM
Retract.

preacher
02-09-2014, 07:12 PM
Sucky schedule or sucky fans... hmmm, tough call.

I think the schedule is great.

Doug4Troy
02-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Retract

Hemi Man
02-09-2014, 09:25 PM
Retract

Have you been drinking Gin today?

Lego
02-09-2014, 11:01 PM
Have you been drinking Gin today?

Gin leads to accepting mediocrity. :)

thrl595
02-09-2014, 11:05 PM
Whiskey leads to championships!

Lego
02-09-2014, 11:07 PM
Scotch leads to believing you can tackle !

thrl595
02-09-2014, 11:09 PM
Scotch leads to believing you can tackle !

So, our defense drinks scotch in large quantities?

Lego
02-09-2014, 11:11 PM
Vodka makes you believe you are "the" SuperFan and Larry is your best friend.

thrl595
02-09-2014, 11:20 PM

Lots of vodka drinkers in the Trojan Nation!

Hemi Man
02-10-2014, 08:42 AM

Better than being the mediocre fan, I would think.

Pretty sure Gin causes you to hide behind a keyboard.

thrl595
02-10-2014, 10:52 AM
Better than being the mediocre fan, I would think.

Pretty sure Gin causes you to hide behind a keyboard.

Ovaltine gives you a Napoleon complex.

Hemi Man
02-10-2014, 11:49 AM

Never tried it. Can't confirm.

dgoebel
02-10-2014, 11:53 AM
Why do they call it ovaltene? The jar is round, the lid is round. Why don't they call it Roundtene? " Seinfeld"

Lego
02-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Never tried it. Can't confirm.

This sums up a lot of your thoughts.

Lego
02-11-2014, 02:01 PM
Retract

Cold water makes you do this.

Lego
02-11-2014, 02:03 PM

Smart water makes you think you are the "Trojan" and should not be questioned.

dgoebel
02-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Smart water makes you think you are the "Trojan" and should not be questioned.

Obama is drinking about a 55 gallon drum of smart water then....the should not be questioned part. He is in no way Trojan worthy, except if his mom would have used one :rollinglaugh:

Hemi Man
02-11-2014, 02:50 PM
This sums up a lot of your thoughts.

Probably the biggest difference in you and I. I speak on things that I know about and am not afraid to stand behind what I say. You, on the other hand assume many things and hide your identity behind an old musty leather jacket and keyboard. Nothing wrong with your approach. It's a free country. Enjoy yourself.

Lego
02-11-2014, 08:37 PM
Sweet tea from Sister's makes you think your an insider, then forces you to tell everyone that you know but can't say.

Hemi Man
02-11-2014, 10:31 PM
Sweet tea from Sister's makes you think your an insider, then forces you to tell everyone that you know but can't say.

Sweet tea from Sisters is outstanding.

Those that know only tell those that they want to know. Those that claim to know never knew anything. Those consumed with either of the previous two, are trying hard to be one or the other.

trojanbrutha
02-12-2014, 01:03 AM
Obama is drinking about a 55 gallon drum of smart water then....the should not be questioned part. He is in no way Trojan worthy, except if his mom would have used one :rollinglaugh:

Very American of you...and you seem to have forgotten his title. Can't say that I'm surprised.

dgoebel
02-12-2014, 07:53 AM
Very American of you...and you seem to have forgotten his title. Can't say that I'm surprised.

He is a discrace to the office and the worst president ever. And before I get labeled a racist I was a supporter of Hermain Cain and Allen West.

He is a utter failure regardless of what color he is, where he came from etc. Your right, I don't respect his title, because he doesn't respect his title. His words quote " I'm President, I can do whatever I want"

Lego
02-12-2014, 08:42 AM
Drinking your own pee because you believe you have too much "Trojan" in you, makes you try to tear down every other Trojan.

Hemi Man
02-12-2014, 09:25 AM
Drinking your own pee because you believe you have too much "Trojan" in you, makes you try to tear down every other Trojan.

This is not a fetish board. Please make sure you are logged onto the appropriate forum, to avoid further embarrassment in the future.

Living your life in the shadows is the leading cause of being left in the dark.

dgoebel
02-12-2014, 09:52 AM
this is not a fetish board. Please make sure you are logged onto the appropriate forum, to avoid further embarrassment in the future.

Living your life in the shadows is the leading cause of being left in the dark.

Lego
02-12-2014, 08:57 PM
Drinking the left overs from the Saga garbage cans, makes some believe they belong.

TFan
02-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Shut this one down???

goe1975
02-13-2014, 08:58 AM

B7YEeIdZBGc