PDA

View Full Version : UAB & Samford Games

pelliott
01-20-2014, 11:38 PM
The Greater Birmingham Area Alumni Association looks forward to hosting fellow Troy fans for games against UAB (April 1, 2014) 6:30 PM at Regions Field. If you have not had a chance to visit the ballpark, you need to make every effort to attend this game. I can promise the ballpark will not disappoint, NOR will our Trojans. We also play Samford on April 22, 2014 with a 6:00 PM start.

Our Association has set a goal to have 100 people in attendance for each of these games in Birmingham.

More information to follow but please mark these dates on your calendar.

newnan trojan
01-21-2014, 02:59 PM
Hard to make weekday games.

Also. Love how UAB claims regions field as their own... SMH

pelliott
01-21-2014, 06:00 PM
I don't think UAB has claimed Regions Field as their own. They will however play 21 home games at Regions Field per their website. I have not see nor heard anything about UAB Baseball on the Birmingham Media outlets.

At any rate - tentative plans call for Burgers, Hot Dogs, Beer & Corn Hole at one of local Breweries or inside the park. We hope to have T-Roy make an appearance for the kids, Coach Pierce and AD Hartwell speak to those in attendance.

Either way, we want to have fun and want Troy fans from anywhere (in and out of state) to have a great time.

See you all April 1 & April 22. #MarchonTrojans

TFan
01-21-2014, 08:35 PM
Either way, we want to have fun and want Troy fans from anywhere (in and out of state) to have a great time.

The Trojan Faithful should enjoy the occassion! A Trojan WIN will be the icing on the cake!!

GO TROJANS!!

trojanbrutha
01-21-2014, 08:43 PM
I don't think UAB has claimed Regions Field as their own. They will however play 21 home games at Regions Field per their website. I have not see nor heard anything about UAB Baseball on the Birmingham Media outlets.

At any rate - tentative plans call for Burgers, Hot Dogs, Beer & Corn Hole at one of local Breweries or inside the park. We hope to have T-Roy make an appearance for the kids, Coach Pierce and AD Hartwell speak to those in attendance.

I'm a fan of "Good People Brown..." Who knew they made good beer in b'ham? :confused013:

pelliott
01-22-2014, 11:04 PM
Good People Pale Ale and Brown are both great local brews - and right across the street from the entrance to Regions Field

This will be a very fun event - stay tuned

LAZebra
01-23-2014, 01:45 PM
I hope to at least make it for teh UAB game. I can generally arrange to work in Birmingham for a couple of days anytime I want to watch the Trojans play there.

Schard
01-23-2014, 03:24 PM
Hard to make weekday games.

Also. Love how UAB claims regions field as their own... SMH

The owner of the Barons and Mayor Bell have both said the stadium was a partnership with UAB... UAB gave Birmingham the land for the stadium and UAB has it's own locker room and office at the field. They even sell UAB merchandise in the team store. Look over center field and you have a great view of the UAB Medical Center. In the next couple years, 15th Street will be completely closed to develop a greenway from the UAB Campus Green to the baseball stadium and Railroad Park. Then comes new student housing and classroom buildings on the blocks adjacent to the stadium.

FYI, Good People is sold at UAB football games, so some of you will have that to look forward to next season.

pelliott
01-27-2014, 09:55 PM
Coach Pierce is penciled, again penciled in to share some time with Alumni and guests at the UAB game (about an hour before first pitch).

Working on partnering with Troy for STUDENT recruiting - which could be a lot of fun

T-Roy sighting could occur

and quietly working on a couple of NFL guys.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................stay tuned

Question - would you guys prefer a venue outside of the ballpark or the party/patio deck in the outfield of the park? Just curious

newnan trojan
01-27-2014, 10:48 PM
Party deck!

pelliott
02-26-2014, 04:25 PM
Group Rate tickets are available for $3 for this game

Also - this is a WHITE OUT game for UAB - and they are also running Buy One - Get one Free (regular ticket is $7)

At any rate - T-Roy will be here so bring your kids
Coach Pierce will be speaking to our group prior to the game
Dr. Laliberte is confirmed
Dr. Hawkins has been invited
getting close to nailing down some famous alumni

Bottom Line - we want this to be a very fun, family and spirited event
March on Trojans

pelliott
03-11-2014, 09:39 PM
Date: April 1
Time: 5:30 PM
Guests: Coach Pierce, T-Roy, Freddie Thomas & You
Event: Troy vs. UAB - Baseball - Regions Field

Come have fun with us!

Possum
03-12-2014, 05:20 PM
I'm there with at least one more...

Good people is good stuff, can't wait...

Mr.E_205_Legion
03-12-2014, 05:57 PM
The Greater Birmingham Area Alumni Association looks forward to hosting fellow Troy fans for games against UAB (April 1, 2014) 6:30 PM at Regions Field. If you have not had a chance to visit the ballpark, you need to make every effort to attend this game. I can promise the ballpark will not disappoint, NOR will our Trojans. We also play Samford on April 22, 2014 with a 6:00 PM start.

Our Association has set a goal to have 100 people in attendance for each of these games in Birmingham.

More information to follow but please mark these dates on your calendar.

Do we need to get with The Greater Birmingham Area Alumni Association to get tickets for the event?

pelliott
03-13-2014, 10:22 PM
You will not need a ticket for the event at Good People - just show up.
But, please go to the Facebook Page (Troy University Birmingham Alumni Chapter) and let us know you are coming.

If you would like tickets to the game, Private Message me how many you need and we will have them for you at Good People. An alumni agreed to buy 50 tickets.

pelliott
03-31-2014, 08:17 AM
If you would like tickets for the Troy vs. UAB game at the group rate of $3 each, please let me know.

OR- you can purchase at the gate - $7 for 1 ticket - the second ticket is free!

Look forward to seeing you in Birmingham.

pelliott
03-31-2014, 05:26 PM
Okay - Jax State had 150 or so at Good People prior to the Jax State vs. UAB game - let's show them up! See you tomorrow night at 5:30.

KirkLazarus
04-02-2014, 08:12 AM
I understand they wouldn't do the customary handshake after the game. Did something happen during the game... I mean other than beating them on their "home" field?

Mr.E_205_Legion
04-02-2014, 08:28 AM
I understand they wouldn't do the customary handshake after the game. Did something happen during the game... I mean other than beating them on their "home" field?

NO, that act of good sportsmanship has been gone from all baseball games for several years! It was weird the first time my wife and I witnessed it!!!

In fact, both team's coaches met at home plate and exchanged greetings after the game, while the players went through "this new routine" that has developed in recent years.

Overall a good performance by the team, BUT I know that they will be excited to have UAB at home so that Hemi and Company can heckle the lizards! UAB had very few fans there last night, BUT they stayed on our players when they were batting!!!

KirkLazarus
04-02-2014, 09:10 AM
NO, that act of good sportsmanship has been gone from all baseball games for several years! It was weird the first time my wife and I witnessed it!!!

In fact, both team's coaches met at home plate and exchanged greetings after the game, while the players went through "this new routine" that has developed in recent years.

Overall a good performance by the team, BUT I know that they will be excited to have UAB at home so that Hemi and Company can heckle the lizards! UAB had very few fans there last night, BUT they stayed on our players when they were batting!!!

I've been to several games this year and the teams always did it. On conference series it's only done after the last game... but still, sounded odd to me that UAB wouldn't offer congratulatory handshakes. I hope that tradition of good sportsmanship isn't leaving the game.

I heard our team waited around the mound briefly and UAB just stayed over by their dugout. Wonder if they shook our hands after the last six games when they won?

Oh, and yes, Hemi & Co. need to take their heckling game to a new level when UAB comes to Troy.

Hemi Man
04-02-2014, 09:24 AM

I've been to several games this year and the teams always did it. On conference series it's only done after the last game... but still, sounded odd to me that UAB wouldn't offer congratulatory handshakes. I hope that tradition of good sportsmanship isn't leaving the game.

I heard our team waited around the mound briefly and UAB just stayed over by their dugout. Wonder if they shook our hands after the last six games when they won?

Oh, and yes, Hemi & Co. need to take their heckling game to a new level when UAB comes to Troy.

We will certainly give them what they so readily gave our guys. My guess is they are going to be like Sobama. They can give it but can't take it.

LAZebra
04-02-2014, 03:16 PM
Moving to a nice new ballpark doesn't impart any class. UAB proved that last night. The ballpark and staff were a class act, the home team, not so much. The best part for me was watching Chase Davidson's Trojan debut, 6 innings, one hit, no runs. I look forward to seeing him pitch again soon!

pelliott
04-04-2014, 06:42 AM
I did not notice the Non-Handshake deal after the game - very disappointed!
UAB and Troy need each other - we will be UAB's largest gate next year so I don't understand why they can't make this more fun. I live here in B'Ham and attend UAB events pretty often because I like sports so much. I also attend Samford events and can't wait to see our baseball Trojans play Samford April 22 here in Birmingham & on April 10, watch our softball team play UAB.

KirkLazarus
04-04-2014, 08:16 AM
I did not notice the Non-Handshake deal after the game - very disappointed!
UAB and Troy need each other - we will be UAB's largest gate next year so I don't understand why they can't make this more fun. I live here in B'Ham and attend UAB events pretty often because I like sports so much. I also attend Samford events and can't wait to see our baseball Trojans play Samford April 22 here in Birmingham & on April 10, watch our softball team play UAB.

They didn't make a big deal out of it... they just didn't do it. Several people noticed and have mentioned it to me.

No problem, they can have it their way... looks like they'd be honored to shake the hands of a team with some conference championship hardware and NCAA Regional history. Especially considering they, as a program, have never won any hardware. Ever. If you go to the UAB Blazers Wiki page it doesn't even mention the baseball team. Ouch!