PDA

View Full Version : Back to Recuiting and Commits

Troygrandfather
01-20-2014, 04:04 PM
With Big Official Visit Weekends I would think happening, and National Signing Day in a couple of weeks, Does anyone have valid information, not opinions, of what and where we are besides the 2 we know from this past weekend and the early enrollees already on campus?

Hemi Man
01-20-2014, 05:24 PM
I think there will be some news coming out pretty soon. Don't know that we will know all the guys until signing day, though.

Hemi Man
01-20-2014, 07:18 PM
@DEwiseTrojan: Just got off the phone with Barbour County's Emmanuel Thompson Jr. He confirms he has officially committed to Troy.

newnan trojan
01-20-2014, 07:21 PM
@DEwiseTrojan: Just got off the phone with Barbour County's Emmanuel Thompson Jr. He confirms he has officially committed to Troy.

What's the story on this kid? I don't know about HS stuff much.

TroyTuba
01-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Charles Henderson senior John Johnson has committed according to today's Troy Messenger.

dgoebel
01-24-2014, 05:08 PM
Rivals has us tied for dead last with Navy :eek: time to pick up the pace.

Lego
01-24-2014, 05:33 PM
Rivals has us tied for dead last with Navy :eek: time to pick up the pace.

What ? Coaches are expected to recruit also ?

Yes, very interesting, especially since CLB has stated that he has "zero restrictions" on recruiting.

stonewall009
01-28-2014, 01:07 PM
I never have bought into sites like Rivals but dag on. We are not tied with navy for last (they are ranked 120), instead we are DEAD LAST at 125 and a mere 4 commits.

Please please say our staff has somehow found a way to keep their cards secret. This can't be a good sign. Someone please shine a glorious ray of light and inform little people like myself how wrong Rivals is.:confused013:

tenaciousT
01-28-2014, 01:44 PM
We do have a number of grey shirts that will be joining the team. We don't have tons of scholarships to give out on signing day this year. I am not expecting more than 10-13 guys to sign on signing day. Hopefully there will be a few suprises on signing day like last year. There were a couple of guys that we had never heard of- one of them turned out to be the top recruit in the class... so who knows

trojanbrutha
01-28-2014, 02:23 PM
I never have bought into sites like Rivals but dag on. We are not tied with navy for last (they are ranked 120), instead we are DEAD LAST at 125 and a mere 4 commits.

Please please say our staff has somehow found a way to keep their cards secret. This can't be a good sign. Someone please shine a glorious ray of light and inform little people like myself how wrong Rivals is.:confused013:

If you haven't put much stock in recruiting sites, why would you start now? :confused013:

SoFlaTrojan
01-29-2014, 02:29 PM
Is anyone able to post information abut how many scholarships there are to offer and how any commits to date Troy has?

The perception that Troy recruiting is having a difficult time is permeating social media and, I'm sure, unnecessarily hurting Troy.

trojanbrutha
01-29-2014, 05:36 PM
Is anyone able to post information abut how many scholarships there are to offer and how any commits to date Troy has?

The perception that Troy recruiting is having a difficult time is permeating social media and, I'm sure, unnecessarily hurting Troy.

really? :confused013:

SoFlaTrojan
01-29-2014, 07:11 PM
Yes, really.

Check out some of the Facebook pages and the Sun Belt Talk board.

trojanbrutha
01-29-2014, 07:40 PM
Yes, really.

Check out some of the Facebook pages and the Sun Belt Talk board.

Yeah right, they know even less than you...I wouldn't take that as gospel.

trojanbrutha
01-29-2014, 08:01 PM
Al Pogue ‏@coachalpogue

The Trojans have officially invaded the Tampa Bay area for a home visit tonight. Operation "Seal The Deal" is in full effect! #itsTtime

Al Pogue ‏@coachalpogue

Awesome home visits tonight with some great parents. That's right, It's takes more than a little snow & ice to stop the Trojans! #ItsT.time

Al Pogue ‏@coachalpogue

In Greer, SC with @CoachBlakeney for a couple of in-home visits tonight. Watch out, the Trojans are coming!! #itsT.time

SoFlaTrojan
01-29-2014, 08:58 PM
It doesn't matter how I take it because I do my homework. Many people just read the supposed bad news and take it as truth.

It matters what the perception of Troy recruiting is. If recruits get the impression recruiting is waning and there are problems within the coaching staff, it will result in a poor take and eventually in losing games.

Why do you have to go at people just for the hell of it?

I made a legitimate and positive comment/question about Troy recruiting and all you had to respond with is an attack on me. You belittle yourself.

TFan
01-29-2014, 09:25 PM
The stealthier the better for Troy. Recruiting is NOT waning at Troy.

Believing supposed Bad news is epidemic in our culture, I'll be dammed if we're better off with those types anyway.

Would you prefer a daily log of Coach B visited so and so and he said "this"?? and then Coach B+ visited so-and-so and he said that. And then Coach B- visited so-and-so and he said "what"??

Do all the homework you wish, sometimes common sense makes more sense.

It doesn't matter how I take it because I do my homework. Many people just read the supposed bad news and take it as truth.

It matters what the perception of Troy recruiting is. If recruits get the impression recruiting is waning and there are problems within the coaching staff, it will result in a poor take and eventually in losing games.

Why do you have to go at people just for the hell of it?

I made a legitimate and positive comment/question about Troy recruiting and all you had to respond with is an attack on me. You belittle yourself.

SoFlaTrojan
01-29-2014, 09:35 PM
If stealthy is the way Troy does it, so be it. That does not seem to be the case, based on the tweets I just read (above).

Just about every other college touts each and every recruit and even those it doesn't have commitments from yet.

I'm not asking for a recruiter's diary. It would be nice to read some, any recruiting news from Troy.

The general public and college football world appears to believe Troy has only a couple of commitments and appears to be in trouble. It's time to dispel that perception.

TFan
01-29-2014, 09:40 PM
Perhaps those tweets will appease the college football world that ALL is OK in Trojan Land.

If stealthy is the way Troy does it, so be it. That does not seem to be the case, based on the tweets I just read (above).

Just about every other college touts each and every recruit and even those it doesn't have commitments from yet.

I'm not asking for a recruiter's diary. It would be nice to read some, any recruiting news from Troy.

The general public and college football world appears to believe Troy has only a couple of commitments and appears to be in trouble. It's time to dispel that perception.

Hemi Man
01-29-2014, 09:52 PM
There certainly have been times in the past when Troy kept the recruitment of specific players quiet. = Sam Lebbie

There have been times when a players name was known publicly and he was stolen away very late in the process. = Cody Core.

trojanbrutha
01-29-2014, 10:08 PM

Drew had several years to hone his skills as a beatwriter. He ever put the recruiting sites to shame the way he communicated with potential Trojans. Jeremy is new to the whole thing and is getting better at the recruiting aspect. Give credit where it's due...Drew was the source...

TFan
01-29-2014, 10:15 PM
There certainly have been times in the past when Troy kept the recruitment of specific players quiet. = Sam Lebbie

There have been times when a players name was known publicly and he was stolen away very late in the process. = Cody Core.

:signs011::signs011:

dgoebel
01-30-2014, 07:46 AM

There are pros and cons to this for sure. On one hand it can help steal a recruit, on the other it causes a loss in fan interest. Don't know the extent of recruits being stolen away, seems like it would be more of a problem at the big schools where it is more commonly published. It happened up the road from me here in Lake City last year. They had the #1 offensive line prospect in the country, Lanny Tunsil. He played the recruiting till around Dec. and then committed to Alabama. On signing date he switched at signed with Ole Miss. Hugh Freeze pulled it off.

redwaver
01-30-2014, 10:01 AM
There are pros and cons to this for sure. On one hand it can help steal a recruit, on the other it causes a loss in fan interest. Don't know the extent of recruits being stolen away, seems like it would be more of a problem at the big schools where it is more commonly published. It happened up the road from me here in Lake City last year. They had the #1 offensive line prospect in the country, Lanny Tunsil. He played the recruiting till around Dec. and then committed to Alabama. On signing date he switched at signed with Ole Miss. Hugh Freeze pulled it off.

Yep, I understand that our latest commitment Andre Flake, who is a good one, is still being presumed by teams like Marshall as well as others.

dgoebel
01-30-2014, 10:39 AM
Very impressed with Coach Pogue so far. I was also excited to hear "Home visits in the Tampa area". About time :thumb:

preacher
01-30-2014, 11:00 AM

Scout has us at seven. We are going to be fine. The only recruiting news I want to hear is on signing day. Would like to hear more before but if I don't that is a good thing. All for flying under the radar. That's how we got D. Ware and JJ.

Hemi Man
01-30-2014, 02:13 PM

It happens a lot more than you think. It Bama plucks a kid from Miss St or Kentucky, they in turn will pluck a kid from Troy or USM. That's just how it works.

Very impressed with Coach Pogue so far. I was also excited to hear "Home visits in the Tampa area". About time :thumb:

We were recruiting that area before Pogue arrived.

trojanbrutha
01-30-2014, 04:11 PM
It happens a lot more than you think. It Bama plucks a kid from Miss St or Kentucky, they in turn will pluck a kid from Troy or USM. That's just how it works.

We were recruiting that area before Pogue arrived.

That ain't what my friends have been telling me! :taunt003:

preacher
01-30-2014, 04:40 PM
That ain't what my friends have been telling me! :taunt003:

Don't believe that because surely they would have told goebel. I'm sure they would have been tired of his insistence. :taunt003:

dgoebel
01-30-2014, 05:46 PM
How many have we signed from that area?? Can't remember the last one. You can't convince me we were recruiting that area to aggressively, jmo. Hard to imagine there wasn't one player from Tampa Plant, Tampa Robinson, Tampa Catholic, Sefner Arwood, Bradenton Manatee, Lakeland High, Lakeland Kathleen, Tarpon Springs, Lakewood, Bartow on so on that we couldn't sign? Hope we get a player or two from there. Anything that gets us back to championship football I am behind at this point. Go Troy.