As of today:

1. WKU - 28 commits - 7 (3 stars)
2. ASU - 18 commits - 4 (3 stars)
3. TXST - 23 commits
4. ULM - 18 commits
5. ULL - 16 commits
6. USA - 13 commits
7. Troy - 3 commits (all JUCOs)

- If we are not announcing our commits, what is the advantage of it ?
- I know we don't have a full 25 to give but....
- USA has four (2 stars) DB commits from Opelika, Enterprise, Bessemer and from Dothan. Troy offered none of them. I think we help in the back too ?
- ASU has two (one 3, one 2 star) DB commits from Florence, one from Montgomery. Troy offered both of these, lost out on both. I guess the fact ASU's coaches getting promotions every year didn't affect them.
- starting to get concerned.

newnan trojan
01-14-2014, 09:02 PM
That is concerning.

I won't pretend. I don't know anything about how recruiting works. But this is still concerning

dgoebel
01-14-2014, 09:03 PM
I am concerned as well. Hope we have some big surprises on signing day but I look for more juco signings also

trojanbrutha
01-14-2014, 09:23 PM
That is concerning.

I won't pretend. I don't know anything about how recruiting works. But this is still concerning

:laughing021:

trojanbrutha
01-14-2014, 09:24 PM
I am concerned as well. Hope we have some big surprises on signing day but I look for more juco signings also

yes and yes...

VestaviaTrojan
01-14-2014, 09:39 PM
Has to be really easy to recruit against us right now given the rash of player tradegies of late. That's on parent's minds, and if it is not, recruiting coaches will put it there. Stating that we have to drug test all of our athletes now because of the state of our programs doesn't help either.

Some parents favored Troy due to the small town, 'safe' environment. That leverage has been lost...

newnan trojan
01-14-2014, 09:43 PM
Hey it's almost baseball season!:jester:

Possum
01-14-2014, 10:47 PM
Hey it's almost baseball season!:jester:

Thank Goodness.

newnan trojan
01-14-2014, 10:50 PM
Thank Goodness.

Yup... Since coach Pierce has arrived at Troy we have averaged 37 wins a season and Coach Pierce ranks 22nd in the nation in his winning %

I wish football would be this successful

thrl595
01-14-2014, 11:32 PM
As of today:

1. WKU - 28 commits - 7 (3 stars)
2. ASU - 18 commits - 4 (3 stars)
3. TXST - 23 commits
4. ULM - 18 commits
5. ULL - 16 commits
6. USA - 13 commits
7. Troy - 3 commits (all JUCOs)

- If we are not announcing our commits, what is the advantage of it ?
- I know we don't have a full 25 to give but....
- USA has four (2 stars) DB commits from Opelika, Enterprise, Bessemer and from Dothan. Troy offered none of them. I think we help in the back too ?
- ASU has two (one 3, one 2 star) DB commits from Florence, one from Montgomery. Troy offered both of these, lost out on both. I guess the fact ASU's coaches getting promotions every year didn't affect them.
- starting to get concerned.

Bet WKU sees some decommits based upon Petrino's departure.

Hemi Man
01-15-2014, 07:19 AM
I would look for a heavy juco class this season for several reasons. Limited scholarships and the need for immediate impact players. A staff, that many people are screaming to be fired, is going to struggle to sell a kid on them being there four years. More changes in the coaching staff.

dgoebel
01-15-2014, 07:42 AM
I would look for a heavy juco class this season for several reasons. Limited scholarships and the need for immediate impact players. A staff, that many people are screaming to be fired, is going to struggle to sell a kid on them being there four years. More changes in the coaching staff.

The main problem I have with this is that we aren't getting the immediate help from these juco players. We loaded up on these defensive juco players after 2011 and our defense was still terrible. Deon Anthony and Will Scott were hands down the highlights of that class (QB and punter). If we are going the juco route ( which I don't 100% agree with) then let's hope we get some big time impact players. I am excited about the one dual threat QB and the tall WR we got early. Hope for some big surprises signing day. Go Trojans

Hemi Man
01-15-2014, 08:38 AM
The main problem I have with this is that we aren't getting the immediate help from these juco players. We loaded up on these defensive juco players after 2011 and our defense was still terrible. Deon Anthony and Will Scott were hands down the highlights of that class (QB and punter). If we are going the juco route ( which I don't 100% agree with) then let's hope we get some big time impact players. I am excited about the one dual threat QB and the tall WR we got early. Hope for some big surprises signing day. Go Trojans

That was Rowell's fault, remember? Now these will be Bolt's guys and if many on here are correct that should lead to a top 25 defense.

dgoebel
01-15-2014, 09:59 AM
That was Rowell's fault, remember? Now these will be Bolt's guys and if many on here are correct that should lead to a top 25 defense.

I think Bolt has a better eye for talent so I am anxious to see. We need help and if we are going the 2 year and done juco route lets get some good players that can turn this awful D around.

Hemi Man
01-15-2014, 10:57 AM
I think Bolt has a better eye for talent so I am anxious to see. We need help and if we are going the 2 year and done juco route lets get some good players that can turn this awful D around.

Rumors are that Bolt isn't very juco friendly in the way he deals with them. I don't know if there is any truth to that or not.

dgoebel
01-15-2014, 12:01 PM
Rumors are that Bolt isn't very juco friendly in the way he deals with them. I don't know if there is any truth to that or not.

He could like getting a player in, red shirting them, teaching them his system and having them for 4 years as opposed to a juco player who has two years of someone else's scheme and you have two years to get them molded to your way. Don't know if it is true or not. I just want some players who can play defense. We are going to have a terrific offense IMO next year, if we can get the d do play we will be partying in the Big Easy in December.

Buzz Lightyear
01-15-2014, 03:13 PM
Non Juco friendly???? I can tell you this.....I have never met a coach who did not like a good player.....particularly if they are a good kid.....alot and I mean a good many Juco players are not the best students, either by choice or just simply IQ.....but trust me if they can play and do what they are suppose to do....coaches will love them NO MATTER IF THEY ARE FROM MARS let alone a Juco....so if preferences are to BUILD EM UP....and learn the system that is a preference......only....

By the way hope everyone is having a Happy and Good New Year....so to all my wish is as my birthday card says that I received from my wife.....

"May all of your days be as beautiful as a Unicorn farting rainbows".......:jester:

Shakespeare.......I think said that....maybe Confucious.....

newnan trojan
01-15-2014, 03:18 PM
He could like getting a player in, red shirting them, teaching them his system and having them for 4 years as opposed to a juco player who has two years of someone else's scheme and you have two years to get them molded to your way. Don't know if it is true or not. I just want some players who can play defense. We are going to have a terrific offense IMO next year, if we can get the d do play we will be partying in the Big Easy in December.

UL-L will be in NO whether they are 6-6 or 10-2

I think we will cut the ribbon on the bowl in Montgomery no matter our record. Unless it's below 6-6

Hemi Man
01-15-2014, 03:34 PM
Non Juco friendly???? I can tell you this.....I have never met a coach who did not like a good player.....particularly if they are a good kid.....alot and I mean a good many Juco players are not the best students, either by choice or just simply IQ.....but trust me if they can play and do what they are suppose to do....coaches will love them NO MATTER IF THEY ARE FROM MARS let alone a Juco....so if preferences are to BUILD EM UP....and learn the system that is a preference......only....

By the way hope everyone is having a Happy and Good New Year....so to all my wish is as my birthday card says that I received from my wife.....

"May all of your days be as beautiful as a Unicorn farting rainbows".......:jester:

Shakespeare.......I think said that....maybe Confucious.....

I don't think he has an issues with players. Maybe an issue in how he approaches junior colleges and their coaches.

redwaver
01-15-2014, 03:51 PM

Seriously? This is a new year, time to get over Coach Rowell and find one thing you agree with that Goebel says. I know him. He's a good guy, former player and devoted supporter who has his opinions....just like the rest of us. No one says we have to agree with him or anyone on here, however we should respect every opinion no matter the effort it takes. Great resolution!!! You know what they say about opinions and certain body parts. I'll bet 60% of what's said here is criticism or shots at other fans. I enjoy debates.....but civil debates. Time to get on the same team. Troy needs us to pull TOGETHER. Disagree but let's don't belittle or be sarcastic. Oh well, I tried :-):-):-) happy New Year and Go Trojans!

Hemi Man
01-15-2014, 04:22 PM
Seriously? This is a new year, time to get over Coach Rowell and find one thing you agree with that Goebel says. I know him. He's a good guy, former player and devoted supporter who has his opinions....just like the rest of us. No one says we have to agree with him or anyone on here, however we should respect every opinion no matter the effort it takes. Great resolution!!! You know what they say about opinions and certain body parts. I'll bet 60% of what's said here is criticism or shots at other fans. I enjoy debates.....but civil debates. Time to get on the same team. Troy needs us to pull TOGETHER. Disagree but let's don't belittle or be sarcastic. Oh well, I tried :-):-):-) happy New Year and Go Trojans!

You assumed too much from my post. I may be wrong, but I don't believe Dgoebel was in the Bolt will save us camp. As a matter of fact I believe he questioned whether he was the right hire. The only belittling going on in this post is your attempt to correct me, when no correction was needed. Some on here stated when Bolt was hired the deadbolt defense would return. If they were correct we will see evidence of it on 2014. That isn't a knock on anyone. By the way I know David as well, and I agree with you that he is a good guy.

dgoebel
01-15-2014, 05:39 PM
UL-L will be in NO whether they are 6-6 or 10-2

I think we will cut the ribbon on the bowl in Montgomery no matter our record. Unless it's below 6-6

New Orleans has to take one of the top 2 Belt teams I believe. The question would be IMO would we take New Orleans or Montgomery if New Orleans was the higher paying Bowl? My bet would be Montgomery if we could sell more tickets there, but we had probably as many fans in New Orleans in 2010 as Crampton Bowl holds, so it could get interesting. My self I would rather drive 4 hours farther to New Orleans.

dgoebel
01-15-2014, 05:42 PM
You assumed too much from my post. I may be wrong, but I don't believe Dgoebel was in the Bolt will save us camp. As a matter of fact I believe he questioned whether he was the right hire. The only belittling going on in this post is your attempt to correct me, when no correction was needed. Some on here stated when Bolt was hired the deadbolt defense would return. If they were correct we will see evidence of it on 2014. That isn't a knock on anyone. By the way I know David as well, and I agree with you that he is a good guy.

My choice when he was hired was the DC at North Dakota State, but I will support Coach Bolt and hope he gets it turned around this year. I still believe the DC at NDSU is the best in the country but I imagine he is going to Wyoming now if he follows the coach at NDSU.

Glad everyone thinks I am a good guy :signs001:

TFan
01-15-2014, 05:51 PM
My choice when he was hired was the DC at North Dakota State, but I will support Coach Bolt and hope he gets it turned around this year. I still believe the DC at NDSU is the best in the country but I imagine he is going to Wyoming now if he follows the coach at NDSU.

Glad everyone thinks I am a good guy :signs001:

Unless I missed something I only saw that Hemi and redwaver say you are a nice guy.:rolleyes:

lassiter5858
01-15-2014, 07:56 PM
Unless I missed something I only saw that Hemi and redwaver say you are a nice guy.:rolleyes:

I think he's a good guy. May not agree with everything he says, but think he has Troy's best interests at heart in his opinion.

TFan
01-15-2014, 09:06 PM
I think he's a good guy. May not agree with everything he says, but think he has Troy's best interests at heart in his opinion.

DG and i have met and chatted several times here in Troy, I wholeheartedly agree that he has TU athletics best interest at heart!!!

Chasin170
01-15-2014, 11:18 PM
Then I would be all for our hearts controlling our fingers before we post innuendo,hearsays and rumor about current players…..:sick016:

That is all

edited: to include myself/others and not to single out posters here.

Apologies...

redwaver
01-16-2014, 07:36 AM

You too misunderstood as I might have but you do hang David out to dry often for his South Florida recruiting stance (which I agree with) and his desire to recruit more hs players. I suspect he, like the rest of us (you included) just want Troy to be a force on a regular basis. I just think Rowell is gone and Bolt deserves as much time to get us out of this mess defensively as it took to get us in. I think God is still the only man that can work miracles. All our past defensive problems were not necessarily due to Coach Rowell, a lot of things contributed but all you have to do is look at the current atmosphere in football and failure, no matter the reasons, gets you removed. We just need to move on. If Coach Bolt can't get the job done, he might be gone as well but he deserves a reasonable chance. I would just like the new year to change the tenor of the website to a more reasonable debate rather than attacks. It's more enjoyable to read and respond and it keeps old people's blood pressure down. Currently my goal is to get several former player buddies of mine to return to supporting Troy rather than Alabama and other "big football programs" and that's a job! Go Trojans!

redwaver
01-16-2014, 07:41 AM
Then I would be all for his heart controlling his fingers when he's posting innuendo,hearsays and rumor about current players…..:sick016:

That is all

But then unless you know what HE knows and from whence he knows it, your comment too is innuendo!

trojanbrutha
01-16-2014, 09:05 AM
You too misunderstood as I might have but you do hang David out to dry often for his South Florida recruiting stance (which I agree with) and his desire to recruit more hs players. I suspect he, like the rest of us (you included) just want Troy to be a force on a regular basis. I just think Rowell is gone and Bolt deserves as much time to get us out of this mess defensively as it took to get us in. I think God is still the only man that can work miracles. All our past defensive problems were not necessarily due to Coach Rowell, a lot of things contributed but all you have to do is look at the current atmosphere in football and failure, no matter the reasons, gets you removed. We just need to move on. If Coach Bolt can't get the job done, he might be gone as well but he deserves a reasonable chance. I would just like the new year to change the tenor of the website to a more reasonable debate rather than attacks. It's more enjoyable to read and respond and it keeps old people's blood pressure down. Currently my goal is to get several former player buddies of mine to return to supporting Troy rather than Alabama and other "big football programs" and that's a job! Go Trojans!

At this point, the whole coaching staff are short-timers if LB is out the door as some of you seem to think. If that be the case, they're all auditioning for their next gig. :thumb:

Hemi Man
01-16-2014, 09:50 AM

He has beaten the recruit South Florida horse to death. If he want the answers he knows KE personally. He can ask him. It may not be the answers he wants, but it will be answers to the questions.

But then unless you know what HE knows and from whence he knows it, your comment too is innuendo!
I'm going to say Chasing is closer to the program than Dgoebel.

At this point, the whole coaching staff are short-timers if LB is out the door as some of you seem to think. If that be the case, they're all auditioning for their next gig. :thumb:

Or into retirement.

dgoebel
01-16-2014, 10:30 AM
Back on topic, does anyone have any news on recruiting. Evidently Troy hired the same people who are in charge of Obama's birth certificate and college records. I understand some of the secrecy but I also think it helps fan interst to have some news to get excited about.

FoulPolePhenom
01-16-2014, 11:24 AM
Back on topic, does anyone have any news on recruiting. Evidently Troy hired the same people who are in charge of Obama's birth certificate and college records. I understand some of the secrecy but I also think it helps fan interst to have some news to get excited about.

I think one of the reasons we used to get so much coverage on it was that Drew was big on it and helping getting that info out. Jeremy hasn't quite done that yet, or maybe there really just isn't any news.

I do know yesterday was the last day of a dead period that was a month long.

trojanbrutha
01-16-2014, 01:59 PM

It's a major violation if Troy releases a recruit's name. You know that Troy is always looking for "diamonds in the rough" so that also contributes to the lack of information. Jeremy writes good stories, but he hasn't delved into the coverage like Drew did. That may not be any fault of his...:confused013:

dgoebel
01-16-2014, 02:32 PM
It's a major violation if Troy releases a recruit's name. You know that Troy is always looking for "diamonds in the rough" so that also contributes to the lack of information. Jeremy writes good stories, but he hasn't delved into the coverage like Drew did. That may not be any fault of his...:confused013:

I am confused on the violation part. We see all the time in the papers here about Florida's, FSU, UCF, USF commits. Even here in Ocala our paper has run articles about local players committed to Wisconsin, UCF, USF, UAB and Indiana. If it's a violation where is this info coming from?

FoulPolePhenom
01-16-2014, 02:45 PM
I am confused on the violation part. We see all the time in the papers here about Florida's, FSU, UCF, USF commits. Even here in Ocala our paper has run articles about local players committed to Wisconsin, UCF, USF, UAB and Indiana. If it's a violation where is this info coming from?

It's a violation if the school themselves put out that info. If a paper finds out a player is committed to a school and then print, that's not a violation. Also, alot of times coaches will tell reporters kind of the down low some of the recruiting stuff and that's how it gets out.

dgoebel
01-16-2014, 03:17 PM
It's a violation if the school themselves put out that info. If a paper finds out a player is committed to a school and then print, that's not a violation. Also, alot of times coaches will tell reporters kind of the down low some of the recruiting stuff and that's how it gets out.

Then evidently we don't have any commits that are talking

Chasin170
01-16-2014, 05:27 PM
Schools not being able to comment until signing day VS recruits/media reporting anything from existing offers to those that never existed......:rolleyes:

It's as clear as fog until signing day.

Lego
01-17-2014, 08:21 AM
At this point, I would rather have 15 say they are committed than just 3.

I am hearing expect a small class, heavy JUCOS, "try to win next year, no time for development", Send CLB out a winner. John is already working on the short list for HC for 2015.

Hemi Man
01-17-2014, 08:37 AM

I am hearing expect a small class, heavy JUCOS, "try to win next year, no time for development", Send CLB out a winner. John is already working on the short list for HC for 2015.

Yep. It's been pretty common knowledge around here for a month that it would be a heavy juco class, but small in numbers.

TFan
01-17-2014, 09:49 AM

Short list h#ll! There are at least 15 on this message board who should apply!!:laughing021:

dgoebel
01-17-2014, 10:22 AM
Short list h#ll! There are at least 15 on this message board who should apply!!:laughing021:

If I am hired :rollinglaugh: I am promoting you to official team cook/BBQ pit master. We might not win with me but we are going to have the best BBQ in the Sun Belt and the best fed linemen :thumb:

Lego
01-17-2014, 10:22 AM

Maybe for towel washer.

Hemi Man
01-17-2014, 10:39 AM
If I am hired :rollinglaugh: I am promoting you to official team cook/BBQ pit master. We might not win with me but we are going to have the best BBQ in the Sun Belt and the best fed linemen :thumb:

Speaking of linemen, I saw Ethan Hutson last night. There's no doubt he is eating well and a full grown lineman

dgoebel
01-17-2014, 11:05 AM
Speaking of linemen, I saw Ethan Hutson last night. There's no doubt he is eating well and a full grown lineman

I hope that doesn't mean he is over weight?? Hoping he can provide depth and character leadership.

Hemi Man
01-17-2014, 11:24 AM
I hope that doesn't mean he is over weight?? Hoping he can provide depth and character leadership.

Not at all.

TFan
01-17-2014, 11:30 AM

Sounds like he's been "Shaughnessied"!!

dgoebel
01-17-2014, 11:33 AM
I really believe we potentially could have one of the best OL's we have had in many years. We have 12 lineman, not including Hudson with game experience and 5 who have started. Future is bright there for sure.

TFan
01-17-2014, 11:34 AM

Appreciate the shout out but 'fraid I can't compete with the World Class Saga!!

Drove by there the other night about chow time, it was packed! Troy students are no dummies, AYCE for $8.

dgoebel
01-17-2014, 12:08 PM

Drove by there the other night about chow time, it was packed! Troy students are no dummies, AYCE for $8.

Except their hours are stupid. They close from like 2-5 and then they stop serving at 7:00 pm except for moes and boars head. She has lab from 5-8 2 days a week so she is unable to eat dinner there. She had a problem last semester having classes from 11-3 and couldn't eat lunch. Food is pretty darn good though. But I will take your pulled pork any day and twice on Sunday.

TrojanFanatic
01-17-2014, 01:48 PM

It ain't AYCE for $8.00 anymore! Breakfast and Lunch are like 8 or 9 and supper is 11 or 12, if you're using cash or points