PDA

View Full Version : McGee leaving UAb

newnan trojan
01-09-2014, 02:52 PM
@footballscoop: Joe Schad reporting that Garrick McGee is stepping down as HC to become OC (again) w Petrino. How about that folks? So many stories...

Smart man!

Possum
01-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Couldn't have happened to a better program...

I may be biased, but I think UAB would be the worst program to coach for in the nation...

Tums
01-09-2014, 05:17 PM
Kenny Edenfield ?

newnan trojan
01-09-2014, 05:18 PM
@coachingsearch: UAB may target Jacksonville State head coach Bill Clark, who led his team to an 11-4 record in his first season as head coach.

Possum
01-09-2014, 06:55 PM
I hope not... I want him as our next HC.

trojanbrutha
01-09-2014, 07:19 PM
I hope not... I want him as our next HC.

Meh...let him get some FB$ experience with them and get all his losses out of the way... :thumb:

jagd1305
01-09-2014, 07:21 PM
Looks like Coach McGee knows an out of control dumpster fire when he sees one.

newnan trojan
01-09-2014, 07:24 PM
I want to know what he's being paid at UL.

He was making 550k at UAB.... I doubt he's paid much more if at all at UL.

He might have taken a pay cut to leave:eek:

TrojanEmpire
01-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Looks like Coach McGee knows an out of control dumpster fire when he sees one.

According to some things I read (AL.com I think), Coach McGee added quite a bit to the fire by the way he treated people in and around the program.

BamaBlazer
01-10-2014, 10:35 AM
McGee is rumored to get paid $650,000 as OC at the 'Ville. Louisville will also have to pay UAB $550,000. I don't think you'll find many upset Blazer fans.

TFan
01-10-2014, 10:43 AM
According to some things I read (AL.com I think), Coach McGee added quite a bit to the fire by the way he treated people in and around the program.

This article addresses some of these issues as well as the financial facts of Mcgee's new position.

Here>>> http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/01/houston_nutt_may_be_interested.html#incart_river

socrgoly25
01-10-2014, 01:36 PM
I don't think you'll find many Blazer fans.

Fixed it for you.

newnan trojan
01-10-2014, 01:50 PM
McGee is rumored to get paid $650,000 as OC at the 'Ville. Louisville will also have to pay UAB $550,000. I don't think you'll find many upset Blazer fans.

You know your program has issues when a HC leaves a job for a Assistant job and only making 100k more.

If he was happy at Uab he would have stayed and waited for a better job and higher pay.... 100k is a drop in the bucket when you already make 550k

newnan trojan
01-10-2014, 01:54 PM
You might not be upset he left because you had bad seasons under him.... But he basically slapped you in the face when he left for a assistant job at a program that use to be in the same conference as you.

Your program is about as bad as it could get.

LAZebra
01-10-2014, 04:19 PM
Rats always desert a sinking ship!

TroyFootball05
01-10-2014, 04:27 PM
Rats always desert a sinking ship...

...for better cheese, and we all know UAB is the limburger cheese of college football.

Mr.E_205_Legion
01-13-2014, 08:25 AM
I KNOW this is NOT what some people (Possum and others) on this forum what to hear, but in the past forty-five minutes on twitter:

FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop
At UAB, look for Jacksonville State head coach Bill Clark to be the new head coach, per sources http://FootballScoop.com/the-scoop

FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop 5m
Following up re UAB, we understand that no formal offer has been extended at this time. Not a done deal yet. Expect it by the end of week

JonesOxygen
01-13-2014, 08:55 AM
I KNOW this is NOT what some people (Possum and others) on this forum what to hear, but in the past forty-five minutes on twitter:

FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop
At UAB, look for Jacksonville State head coach Bill Clark to be the new head coach, per sources http://FootballScoop.com/the-scoop

FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop 5m
Following up re UAB, we understand that no formal offer has been extended at this time. Not a done deal yet. Expect it by the end of week

It's a day of mourning for me, I have begged them to not go to UAB, it's:
A) a job killer
B) they will do well like they have everywhere else and win, which is obviously bad for us!

Most importantly, don't believe everything you read on the intrawebs!

Possum
01-13-2014, 05:42 PM
He's not going to UA'sB... Unless he's a two faced lier...

Newnan sent me some links, to what he said about UA'sB...

Help me out, Newnan... Please, sir.

newnan trojan
01-13-2014, 05:49 PM
He's not going to UA'sB... Unless he's a two faced lier...

Newnan sent me some links, to what he said about UA'sB...

Help me out, Newnan... Please, sir.

Done

Possum
01-13-2014, 06:02 PM
Gracias...

Burn the Horse
01-14-2014, 04:04 PM
I think this move is funny. When McGee was hired, all the UAB fans were going nuts about the guy, he was Mr. Popular among the dozen or so Blazer season ticket holders. Apparently, McGee was the first head coach that UA had allowed UAB to choose for themselves, and because of that they were convinced he would turn their lousy football program around.

Now...well, now they talk about him like every other loser that's come and gone through their AD's door.

Poor Blazer fans, destined for more of the same...forever. It is lucky for them that the UAB football program's series with us is coming to an end.

March On Ya'll. :eatdrink004:

Douglas
01-15-2014, 11:47 AM
According to some things I read (AL.com I think), Coach McGee added quite a bit to the fire by the way he treated people in and around the program.IF (and I stress the IF part) this is true, it should not be a surprise, considering McGee's coaching tree is heavily centered around the Petrino brothers.

I have actually learned quite a bit about both Bobby and Paul Petrino the past few months from speaking with fellow Media members.

Some of it's already been publicized or well known, some of it hasn't. I even have footage of the interaction between Bobby Petrino and Les Miles from the 2011 Razorbacks vs LSU matchup that explains why Miles' reaction of "WOW" was captured, but not what triggered it. I have YET to release that footage (you won't see it on Network TV, thanks to Bobby Petrino's profanity).

Anyway, back to McGee... the apple does not fall far from the tree, if this rumor is true.

BamaBlazer
01-18-2014, 11:00 AM
@BFeldmanCBS 38m
There's talk in coaching circles that #SouthAlabama's Joey Jones may be a dark horse candidate for #UAB vacancy.

@coachingsearch 31m
UAB is indeed interviewing one last coach today, per source.

YAY or NAY? ha.

newnan trojan
01-18-2014, 11:03 AM
It don't matter who you interview... Joey jones would be an idiot to leave USA for Uab. If he does he's an idiot. and it will kill his career

Hemi Man
01-18-2014, 11:13 AM
It don't matter who you interview... Joey jones would be an idiot to leave USA for Uab. If he does he's an idiot. and it will kill his career

He hasn't proven to be a very good coach to this point
anyway.

Mr.E_205_Legion
01-18-2014, 11:22 AM
People move along, nothing to see here:

Tommy Hicks ‏@TheTommyHicks (10 am Sat.) Correction to earlier tweet. Joey Jones told me he WAS NOT candidate for the UAB opening. My apologies. Again, Jones said WAS NOT candidate.

BUT Trojans have to be enjoying the fact that of the 20 FBS Head Coach vacancies that have opend up recently all but one has been filled.

newnan trojan
01-18-2014, 11:34 AM

Tommy Hicks ‏@TheTommyHicks (10 am Sat.) Correction to earlier tweet. Joey Jones told me he WAS NOT candidate for the UAB opening. My apologies. Again, Jones said WAS NOT candidate.

BUT Trojans have to be enjoying the fact that of the 20 FBS Head Coach vacancies that have opend up recently all but one has been filled.

And they are losing committed recruits as a result.

TFan
01-18-2014, 11:38 AM
And they are losing committed recruits as a result.

Death knell of a program?? "DOOM"... "DOOM"... "DOOM" *

*third down DOOM bell.

BamaBlazer
01-18-2014, 02:36 PM

https://twitter.com/TheTommyHicks/status/424574973022195713

@BFeldmanCBS Just wanted to make sure you saw correction. Not refuting your report, just noting earlier this week he said he wasn't cndidate

jagd1305
01-18-2014, 06:53 PM
At this juncture, UAB is where head coaching careers go to die. A lot of very qualified potential coaches take a look at that stadium and number of committed fans and say "No thanks."