PDA

View Full Version : Who'll be the new safties coach?

trojanbrutha
01-03-2014, 03:54 PM
Jeremy ‏@DEwiseTrojan

Troy safeties coach Benjy Parker confirms to me he has accepted the D-Coordinator job at Northwest (Miss.) CC.

Hemi Man
01-03-2014, 06:18 PM
If we are going to go out and hire a GA to fill the position I say we go ahead and hire our own GA Trey Dunbar.

WeSuck.com
01-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Derrick Ansley...make him Asst. DC...end of search.

TFan
01-03-2014, 10:39 PM
Bear Woods, regardless of where he may be.

newnan trojan
01-03-2014, 10:40 PM

This

thrl595
01-03-2014, 11:08 PM
Rowell.

TUTrojan
01-03-2014, 11:12 PM
Ansley.

Possum
01-04-2014, 12:22 AM
Borris or Bear

TFan
01-04-2014, 12:25 AM

We could use his Juice!!

dgoebel
01-04-2014, 08:43 AM
We could use his Juice!!

And leadership example. He would be an excellent choice

TUTrojan
01-08-2014, 12:09 PM
While we are bringing in likable guys, why not Jamie Hampton?

Seriously, Ansley played safety at Troy. He has coached under Saban (2years) and Mike Turk (5years) before serving as DB coach at two other SEC schools under Dooley and Stoops... Bear Woods played LB and has never coached that I am aware of? I am his biggest fan but he is also playing football in the CFL and I have no idea what he wants to pursue after his playing days?

Hemi Man
01-08-2014, 12:18 PM
While we are bringing in likable guys, why not Jamie Hampton?

Seriously, Ansley played safety at Troy. He has coached under Saban (2years) and Mike Turk (5years) before serving as DB coach at two other SEC schools under Dooley and Stoops... Bear Woods played LB and has never coached that I am aware of? I am his biggest fan but he is also playing football in the CFL and I have no idea what he wants to pursue after his playing days?

Jamie is doing Campus Outreach at Sam Houston St and Ansley is making $200,000 a year at Kentucky.

TFan
01-08-2014, 07:07 PM
:
Jamie is doing Campus Outreach at Sam Houston St and Ansley is making $200,000 a year at Kentucky.

Based on Kentucky's results this season, ALL those Coaches are OVERPAID!!!! :jester:

3 that I know of are former Trojans!!

dgoebel
01-09-2014, 07:38 AM
:

Based on Kentucky's results this season, ALL those Coaches are OVERPAID!!!! :jester:

3 that I know of are former Trojans!!

In their defense it's hard to dribble a football and get it through the basket.....wait??? They have a football team :laughing021:

KYwingman
01-09-2014, 09:56 AM
In their defense it's hard to dribble a football and get it through the basket.....wait??? They have a football team :laughing021:
Being born and raised in Kentucky, I find your comment very offensive. Your "break" from this message board didn't last long enough!

dgoebel
01-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Being born and raised in Kentucky, I find your comment very offensive. Your "break" from this message board didn't last long enough!

Didn't mean to offend you. I was hoping some Alabama people picked up on my point. Why Bear Bryant left. He said it was a basketball school. Didn't mean to offend, it was just a joke/point. You have a pretty darn good team at Louisville. I know several Gator fans that said Florida messed up not hiring Charlie Strong.

flockofoscars
01-09-2014, 02:33 PM

Your being a little to sensitive bud. Kentucky sucks at football and traditionally has except for a few good years and Louisville is good at times but hasn't always been and don't get started about WKU but you can talk crap about basketball in Alabama and I won't be offended. So please don't attack someone for a joke that is not offensive.

KYwingman
01-09-2014, 04:14 PM
Your being a little to sensitive bud. Kentucky sucks at football and traditionally has except for a few good years and Louisville is good at times but hasn't always been and don't get started about WKU but you can talk crap about basketball in Alabama and I won't be offended. So please don't attack someone for a joke that is not offensive.
My apologies to dgoebel....And I thank him for what I feel like was a secere response. I agree with what you said, but I guess I don't understand the WKU comment.

trojanbrutha
01-09-2014, 04:41 PM

He was just "joshin" about taking a leave...:laughing021:

dgoebel
01-09-2014, 05:20 PM
He was just "joshin" about taking a leave...:laughing021:

Took a little break and wasn't going to post again. Truth was I missed the exchanges and the talking to fellow Trojans. I am going to be more careful in what I say, that much I know. Go Troy!!! How many days to T-Day? :thumb:

TFan
01-09-2014, 07:54 PM

You take life too seriously partner!!! :jester:

trojanbrutha
01-20-2014, 06:33 PM
FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop 35m

Auburn director of HS relations Al Pogue will join the Troy University staff as corners coach per source http://FootballScoop.com/the-scoop

newnan trojan
01-20-2014, 07:16 PM
@footballscoop: Gus raved about Al Pogue at the AFCA convention last week. Iím sure heíll be missed at Auburn

newnan trojan
01-20-2014, 07:23 PM
Btw what happened to the old
Corners coach? Did he get canned?

trojanbrutha
01-20-2014, 08:01 PM
Btw what happened to the old
Corners coach? Did he get canned?

Coach Parker, the last safeties coach, went home to Mississippi, but I hadn't heard anything about Coach Landry leaving...might just be a shuffle back there.

newnan trojan
01-20-2014, 08:14 PM
Coach Parker, the last safeties coach, went home to Mississippi, but I hadn't heard anything about Coach Landry leaving...might just be a shuffle back there.

Ya I heard Landry wasn't much liked. Idk

Hemi Man
01-20-2014, 08:49 PM
Pogue was a safety in college. Maybe the twitter verse got it wrong? Or maybe they know something we don't. Landry coaching safeties and Pogue at Corners.

TFan
01-20-2014, 09:00 PM
Ya I heard Landry wasn't much liked. Idk

Yah. Landry is intense and got in their face a lot. With our Dbacks play what it is... they deserve it!!

"Liking" a coach, not tops in my book. Respecting a Coach, very important. Very important recent (5 yr ++) lesson in our camp... think J, then think R.

GO TROJANS!!!

trojanbrutha
01-20-2014, 09:03 PM
Pogue was a safety in college. Maybe the twitter verse got it wrong? Or maybe they know something we don't. Landry coaching safeties and Pogue at Corners.

I can see how that could happen :laughing021: It is Twitter, after all...