PDA

View Full Version : Prayers

flockofoscars
01-03-2014, 12:53 AM
We here at Troy are a family and we have had a hard and sad last week. We lost 3 students and 2 of them were football players. Remember that Troy is a family and we should mourn lost members. We are sad for our lost Trojans but remember the families who were really affected by these tragic events in your prayer. God Bless them and GO TROJANS!!!

JonesOxygen
01-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Not to be picky, but yes Troy University lost 3 students, Kimberle Johnson, Kristin Fuller and Jadarius Garner. 3 tragic stories of young lives ended too soon.
With the investigation still pending, we will not know the status of Driggers for a while, so all in all, 4 families need our prayers during this difficult time as they are all affected in negative ways. In the days and years to follow especially since it was around the holidays for all 3 deaths.

dgoebel
01-03-2014, 02:29 PM
Not to be picky, but yes Troy University lost 3 students, Kimberle Johnson, Kristin Fuller and Jadarius Garner. 3 tragic stories of young lives ended too soon.
With the investigation still pending, we will not know the status of Driggers for a while, so all in all, 4 families need our prayers during this difficult time as they are all affected in negative ways. In the days and years to follow especially since it was around the holidays for all 3 deaths.

Bond was set at $100,000 and the judge admonished him for being around alcohol and/or drugs and fire arms. According to the messenger it was a single shot from a shot gun. Stupid, avoidable and tragic.

dgoebel
01-03-2014, 02:32 PM

Brings back a horrible time in my life when we lost Sean and Thomas Miller over the a Christmas Holiday after winning the Nat. championship and then that summer Mark Chipman was killed. We played the 1988 season with a black triangle on the back of our helmets.

Cane gone Trojan
01-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Bond was set at $100,000 and the judge admonished him for being around alcohol and/or drugs and fire arms. According to the messenger it was a single shot from a shot gun. Stupid, avoidable and tragic.

Very Tragic.....Both families are in my prayers.....I think most people would be lying if they said that they had never done anything stupid in their life that could have cost them or someone else's life....in particular in the teen and early 20's of their life.......I know I have and I am very blessed that there were not life changing consequences as a result. I have 4 boys and my prayer each day is that GOD will put a protective bubble around them.

dgoebel
01-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Very Tragic.....Both families are in my prayers.....I think most people would be lying if they said that they had never done anything stupid in their life that could have cost them or someone else's life....in particular in the teen and early 20's of their life.......I know I have and I am very blessed that there were not life changing consequences as a result. I have 4 boys and my prayer each day is that GOD will put a protective bubble around them.

I pray the same prayer for my 3 kids that are 20, 18 and 18. I have told them over and over that it just takes a lack in judgement to effect the rest of your life.

jagd1305
01-03-2014, 04:50 PM
All of these losses are devastating. Kimberle was set to graduate Spring semester with my daughter. Particularly disturbing in her death was that she was celebrating her birthday with friends when the gunman (or gunmen as the investigation goes) shot her and several others just to kill someone else. They were just collateral damage. What has happened to us as a society?

Cane gone Trojan
01-03-2014, 05:38 PM
All of these losses are devastating. Kimberle was set to graduate Spring semester with my daughter. Particularly disturbing in her death was that she was celebrating her birthday with friends when the gunman (or gunmen as the investigation goes) shot her and several others just to kill someone else. They were just collateral damage. What has happened to us as a society?

Absolutely.....The club where Kimberley lost her life was a dangerous club in a dangerous area of Montgomery....several people have been killed at that club...There is now a petition out to have it demolished...it should have been demolished a long time ago.

flockofoscars
01-03-2014, 06:25 PM
Our teams need to do something like project 19 to bring awareness to our lost students and how future things such as this can be avoided. Maybe something like Trojan family?

trojanbrutha
01-03-2014, 06:31 PM
Absolutely.....The club where Kimberley lost her life was a dangerous club in a dangerous area of Montgomery....several people have been killed at that club...There is now a petition out to have it demolished...it should have been demolished a long time ago.

I was talking with a friend and his wife in Montgomery yesterday about how some friends and I used to go to the "Top Flight" back in the '80s. It had started turning into a hang-out for dope boys, so we stopped going. Afterwards is when we stated hearing of stabbings and then shootings there. Even after the liquor license was denied to the "Rose Supper Club," another name-change and the same end-result...bull-doze that place!

jagd1305
01-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Maybe we as Troy alumni should volunteer to help knock that death trap down...

pkf4troy
01-03-2014, 07:42 PM
Its not the building. Its the people that go there.

redwaver
01-03-2014, 08:51 PM
[QUOTE=jagd1305;255150]All of these losses are devastating. Kimberle was set to graduate Spring semester with my daughter. Particularly disturbing in her death was that she was celebrating her birthday with friends when the gunman (or gunmen as the investigation goes) shot her and several others just to kill someone else. They were just collateral damage. What has happened to us as a society?[/

We've insisted God be removed from every phase of kids lives, other than families, and in many cases this is the only place some kids can get moral directions. "Thou shalt not kill", or "Love thy neighbor as thyself " might have prevented all these tragedies. So sad!

dgoebel
01-04-2014, 08:47 AM
[QUOTE=jagd1305;255150]All of these losses are devastating. Kimberle was set to graduate Spring semester with my daughter. Particularly disturbing in her death was that she was celebrating her birthday with friends when the gunman (or gunmen as the investigation goes) shot her and several others just to kill someone else. They were just collateral damage. What has happened to us as a society?[/

We've insisted God be removed from every phase of kids lives, other than families, and in many cases this is the only place some kids can get moral directions. "Thou shalt not kill", or "Love thy neighbor as thyself " might have prevented all these tragedies. So sad!

Agree 100%