PDA

View Full Version : Duke

newnan trojan
12-31-2013, 09:50 PM
With Duke currently ranked and Beating a Ranked Texas A&M at the Chick fil a bowl. I think theres a VERY good possiblity of getting a RANKED Duke team in Troy next year.

Discuss....:thumb:

WeSuck.com
12-31-2013, 10:00 PM
This Duke team shows up and our past defense shows up we lose by 100. BUT, they both won't so yes, they could be ranked. This slaughter might not help them immediately because they don't recruit JUCOS.

Doug4Troy
12-31-2013, 10:09 PM
This Duke team shows up and our past defense shows up we lose by 100.

We played THIS very Duke team this year... we lost a by a close 7 with a "Trojan defense." I will take Troy vs Duke +100.

Spiritual_Trojan
12-31-2013, 11:52 PM
We played THIS very Duke team this year... we lost a by a close 7 with a "Trojan defense." I will take Troy vs Duke +100.

Can't let those facts get in the way if your opinion.

Also must have been sunbelt refs in that game cause they blew two very obvious pass interference call on the last drive for Duke that would have put them in scoring position

newnan trojan
12-31-2013, 11:59 PM
Well they lost to A&M bairly.... But they might still start next year ranked.

redwaver
01-01-2014, 08:42 AM
Can't let those facts get in the way if your opinion.

Also must have been sunbelt refs in that game cause they blew two very obvious pass interference call on the last drive for Duke that would have put them in scoring position

I thought the refs in this game stunk. Told the missus, "darn, makes you think the refs have put a little cash on TA&M!"

Carolina Trojan
01-01-2014, 01:28 PM
I thought the refs in this game stunk. Told the missus, "darn, makes you think the refs have put a little cash on TA&M!"

The refs stunk in our game against them as well, especially the phantom holding call on Van Hooser that cost us a TD in the 4th and likely a victory. I don't feel sorry for Duke a bit. Look forward to revenge against them next year.

TroyFootball05
01-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Don't buy into the fallacy that we got anything better than their D game. If they play us like they played the big teams on their schedule, we will lose big. Lets hope this year was a fluke for Duke and that they lose a ton of senior and starters.

TFan
01-01-2014, 10:17 PM
Our program will have to step it up to be competitive against most teams on our schedule next year. I pray that the TROJANS are taking the right steps now to make it happen.

trojanbrutha
01-01-2014, 10:20 PM
Don't buy into the fallacy that we got anything better than their D game. If they play us like they played the big teams on their schedule, we will lose big. Lets hope this year was a fluke for Duke and that they lose a ton of senior and starters.

That isn't TROY Football and our fans shouldn't be defeatists wishing for the football gods to lay victories at our feet...I want a ranked team to come in and I want the TMTDM to dispatch them because that's TROY Football.

TroyFootball05
01-01-2014, 10:22 PM
That isn't TROY Football and our fans shouldn't be defeatists wishing for the football gods to lay victories at our feet...I want a ranked team to come in and I want the TMTDM to dispatch them because that's TROY Football.

We want the same thing, but so far that's only been Troy football once in the last 100+ years.

trojanbrutha
01-01-2014, 10:33 PM
We want the same thing, but so far that's only been Troy football once in the last 100+ years.

With scheduling years in advance being a crap-shoot, that may indeed be fairly good odds. We're 1 for 1 against ranked teams at home, I like those odds.