PDA

View Full Version : Trojan FB Flashback

Doug4Troy
12-31-2013, 02:33 PM
al.com is doing a "countdown to the Godaddy.com Bowl"... today they highlighted the Troy/CMU game. One of the coldest Troy games I have ever attended... at least it felt that way.- Doug

Countdown to the GoDaddy Bowl: Central Michigan last team standing in double-overtime thriller

http://imgick.al.com/home/bama-media/width620/img/sports_impact/photo/13993137-mmmain.jpg
(Press-Register file)

By Mark Inabinett

"MOBILE, Alabama - The score was only 10-9 at halftime, but the GMAC Bowl managed to go out with the kind of offensive shootout for which Mobile's game had become known. Central Michigan quarterback Dan LeFevour went out with a bang, too, rallying the No. 25 Chippewas for a 44-41 double-overtime victory against Troy on Jan. 6, 2010..."

Complete story: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/12/countdown_to_the_godaddy_bowl_10.html

Possum
12-31-2013, 02:43 PM
I think Hell froze over that night it was so cold...

TUTrojan
12-31-2013, 03:32 PM
Great recap. That was one we let slip away. Totally fell asleep after opening up a big lead and let them return the kick... JJ had a costly fumble on a wildcat play (similar to the bowl against Southern Miss) and I thought had a catchable ball at the end of regulation that would have closed out the game (wish we had thrown to Gill a couple of those times). DuJuan was having a strong game too... No mention of him earning a starting RB role at Green Bay as a FA.

Cane gone Trojan
12-31-2013, 04:44 PM
I think Hell froze over that night it was so cold...

the only game that I have ever wore a ski mask at.

Bennekles the Trojan
12-31-2013, 07:25 PM
I can say without a doubt that the GMAC Bowl was the only Troy loss I have ever walked away from with a smile. Yes, I hated that we lost, but that was one of my favorite games that I have ever been in attendance for. I couldn't believe we were able to be part of such a fun contest.

On the flip side, we couldn't make a field goal when it counted for about two years though, could we?

Discophobia
01-01-2014, 07:05 PM
Another Jeremy Rowell classic

TFan
01-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Central Michigan quarterback Dan LeFevour went out with a bang, too, rallying the No. 25 Chippewas for a 44-41 double-overtime victory against Troy on Jan. 6, 2010.

Dan LeFevour LEAD his team to this victory. We were there, it WAS cold, great competition. That game was when I realized that Lefevour WANTED the win more than our boys. Quite a leader.

Leadership counts. We've been lacking in this department.

Maybe next year??

TroJam
01-04-2014, 11:39 AM
I was there. One of the best games I have seen even though we lost and I froze my jingle bells off!