PDA

View Full Version : The Sunbelt Offerred to Pay Bowls to Take SB Teams

Doug4Troy
12-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Not sure if this was discussed before... it was published on Dec. 8.

Sun Belt Conference offered to pay bowl games to take its football teams
By Steven Muma

"...The Sun Belt Conference Presidents and Chancellors authorized me two weeks ago to use Sun Belt funds at my discretion to entice both bowls to take a Sun Belt team. As a result, the Sun Belt made very significant financial offers to both bowls that clearly exceeded anything the Sun Belt has done in previous years." (Quote from Karl Benson)

Full article: http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/12/8/5189824/bowl-eligible-teams-college-football-bowls

redwaver
12-30-2013, 02:36 PM
Not sure if this was discussed before... it was published on Dec. 8.

Sun Belt Conference offered to pay bowl games to take its football teams
By Steven Muma

"...The Sun Belt Conference Presidents and Chancellors authorized me two weeks ago to use Sun Belt funds at my discretion to entice both bowls to take a Sun Belt team. As a result, the Sun Belt made very significant financial offers to both bowls that clearly exceeded anything the Sun Belt has done in previous years." (Quote from Karl Benson)

Full article: http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/12/8/5189824/bowl-eligible-teams-college-football-bowls

Well I'm fairly sure that after the disgraceful show of their typical on field misconduct and behavior, the Armed Forces Bowl might be wishing they had taken a classier team than MTSU!

jagd1305
12-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Well I'm fairly sure that after the disgraceful show of their typical on field misconduct and behavior, the Armed Forces Bowl might be wishing they had taken a classier team than MTSU!

That would've been any other team in FBS or FCS!
That was an embarrassing display by them against a service academy.

redwaver
12-30-2013, 04:56 PM
That would've been any other team in FBS or FCS!
That was an embarrassing display by them against a service academy.

What's worse, that lady announcer said they were from the SunBelt!:-(

BeachTrojan
12-30-2013, 10:42 PM
I watched the game on and off during a nap and that was mostly off, so I missed those antics. What happened specifically?

And I think that may've been the first time I've heard a female color commentator for a football game (who wasn't a break-away, on-the-sidelines, sexy-eye-candy go-to). This may be sexist but it isn't meant to be - I didn't like it, because she sounded too manly.

jagd1305
12-31-2013, 12:10 AM
Two of the MUTS on defense really shined in negativity. One was flagged for screaming at the Navy coaches and another was ejected for two unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. He had gouged the eyes of Navy's QB when he was down (which the MUTS got away with). He got caught holding a Middie down and slapping him and finally got tossed for slapping the ball out of the hands of a Middie after the play was over. There were some other cheap shots delivered as well by the MUTS and gave a rather chippy show of themselves. All in all, they didn't do themselves any favors on TV.
It was ugly enough for Navy fans to start an 'EFF U' chant at Middle.

Possum
12-31-2013, 12:54 AM
I'm so glad the trash is leaving or has left our conference.

TroyTuba
12-31-2013, 05:31 PM
MTSU is still a burning bag on the doorstep of college football.

trojanbrutha
12-31-2013, 06:01 PM
We don't have a whole lot of room to cast too many stones...

Bubba the Trojan
01-01-2014, 02:32 AM
We don't have a whole lot of room to cast too many stones...

I agree with you Brutha. Since throwing a player under the bus by pointing out egregious behavior and naming the offender is frowned upon in this establishment, I won't call any names. However, the forearm shiver delivered by one of our "star" defensive backs to the back of the head of the MS State wide receiver was as dirty a play as I've seen from a TROJAN in my 18 years of following the team. I was totally disgusted.