PDA

View Full Version : Am I The Only One Who Has Had Enough?

Mr.E_205_Legion
12-14-2013, 03:49 PM
I have been an active participant on this website the past four or five years. Like many of you, I have read this website even longer. Even at this moment I am sure there are individuals who are guests to this website on a weekly basis.

The past several months the site has reached a new low beyond the normal tongue in cheek teasing. Staff members and players have been personally mentioned in negative posts. Members of "the community" have been vicious towards each other and it has gotten to the point that I have lost my desire to come to the website on a daily basis :mad:

The way people have been acting on here you would think we were TRYING to get rid of fans! I think many were so busy fussing they did not notice a very telling statistic - despite the Athletic Departments best efforts only 1400 tickets for a potential bowl were reserved. People there are NOT enough of us to tick each other off with the current behavior that is prevalent on this site!

I am about to take a much needed break from this website in hopes that things will improve over the coming months, but before I go I would encourage every one to consider adopting the following mindset:

Understanding that Troy University is limited to a small number of individuals who actively support The Athletic Department, it is very important that those individuals who identify themselves as Troy supporters ACTUALLY support the program! We the following individuals do hereby attempt to hold ourselves to the following Conduct Guidelines:

- WE WILL support the Troy Athletic Department staff, student-athletes, and their families.
- WE accept the responsibility to be a positive role model for all members of The Trojan Nation.
- WE remind each other that the student athlete's physical & mental well being are our top priority.
- WE hold ourselves to the highest level of behavior towards all others during athletic events.
- WE commit ourselves to an environment of enthusiasm consistent with high standards of respect.

Hopefully some of you will take this to heart. IF I personally was currently looking for a program to donate my time and money to and/or my son/daughter's talents, I sure would not select this program! Several on this site have brought new meaning to the term FANatic.

I am out of here...BUT I will hopefully see many of you at UAB to start 2014! For what it is worth, I am here for the long term - not for y'all, but for the athletes.

Hemi Man
12-14-2013, 03:58 PM
I do believe you would be hard pressed to find anyone to disagree with anything you said.

Good Post!!

Possum
12-14-2013, 04:34 PM
I told myself at the beginning of the season that I wouldn't complain as much as I had in the past and I don't think I have... In the long run, no matter what we as fans think should happen, our opinions don't really matter... Even though our opinions are listened to, more than they ever have, John Hartwell and Uncle Jack have the final say and I have full confidence in their abilities.

I love Troy, always will... It is MY university and my team... And no matter what that isn't changing...

March On, Trojans Forever and Always!

preacher
12-14-2013, 07:57 PM
Good post. I had gotten very negative myself and stated my renewed support. I hope you weren't just pointing your finger at others though. I remember you make remarks as well. Read through some of your past post and there they were. Losing makes all of say things we probably shouldn't.

I do think it would be best for all of us to take the challenge you presented.

TFan
12-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Three years of dissappointment brings out the dirty laundry.. I'm trending positive for next year's edition!!

I'll be checking in for updates and comments as winter progresses. We DO have some fine athletes participating in Winter and Spring sports. Let's not forget that they need our support!!

GO TROJANS!

Doug4Troy
12-14-2013, 08:53 PM
Awesome post! I am disappointed with some... but I have not had enough. We need more like you!

Texas Trojan
12-14-2013, 10:50 PM
WE WILL support the Troy Athletic Department staff, student-athletes, and their families.
- WE accept the responsibility to be a positive role model for all members of The Trojan Nation.
- WE remind each other that the student athlete's physical & mental well being are our top priority.
- WE hold ourselves to the highest level of behavior towards all others during athletic events.
- WE commit ourselves to an environment of enthusiasm consistent with high standards of respect.

... I do solemnly swear.

Except when UAB trolls invade.

OK, even then.

TFan
12-14-2013, 11:14 PM
Sometimes I feel that we collectively take this message board (and maybe ourselves) too serious.

> This is one of those times. :sleep010:

AndrewMichaelDunn
12-15-2013, 05:33 AM
Troy can't suck forever based on the laws of reality and nature

thrl595
12-16-2013, 04:39 PM
Troy can't suck forever based on the laws of reality and nature

Thank you God.

On a more serious note, perhaps tests should be run to see if the same would hold true for da blazas.