PDA

View Full Version : QB Dallas Tidwell

GATrojan15
12-13-2013, 06:39 AM
What can anyone tell me about him? Can he pick up where Corey left off? More of an NFL frame?

How does everyone feel bout him being next in line?

Pissed off. No bowl.

Tums
12-13-2013, 11:02 AM
What can anyone tell me about him? Can he pick up where Corey left off? More of an NFL frame?

How does everyone feel bout him being next in line?

Pissed off. No bowl.

He has had the most reps in the current system. I do not have him as the next in line until he shows he is the next in line. Troy has recruited some good QB's to come in and push for the Job which will only make the no.1 better. I think it will be a time will tell if he is the QB or not with the talent coming in. I do feel whomever steps on the field will be able to get the Job done at QB.

Spiritual_Trojan
12-13-2013, 12:22 PM
I dont know much about him, but from the little I saw of him over the past seasons I like him. He was all that good in 2012 but he was tossed in when Corey went down for a few games and reps were split between him and Deon. I was impressed with what I saw of him off the field though, he didn't seem get mad when Deon was put in or when Corey came back in. To me this shows he cares more about the team than his personal playing time, which is key in a good leader. I know he got more reps this year and I was very impresses with what I saw on the field. the Ole Miss game he came out in the last drive and drove down the field without and incompletion and scored with with what was, most likely, very demoralized Trojan O.

Troy87
12-13-2013, 01:09 PM
What I saw of him in his appearances this season looked good. I saw him in Spring and I was concerned, but when he came in to a game against live competition, I was very pleased with how far he has come.

I do think he and Brandon Silvers will have a great battle for the starting spot next year, and I think a JUCO could add heat to the competition, but overall, I think the QB spot should be ok.

My biggest concern looking toward next season is the receivers positions. We seem to have continued to lose those standout receivers, without replacements of comparable skills. We do have a couple coming back next year which look to have goods skills, but we no longer have the stable full of thoroughbreds as we have in the past.

newnan trojan
12-13-2013, 01:24 PM
He is SUPER tall lol.

preacher
12-13-2013, 01:58 PM
What I saw of him in his appearances this season looked good. I saw him in Spring and I was concerned, but when he came in to a game against live competition, I was very pleased with how far he has come.

I do think he and Brandon Silvers will have a great battle for the starting spot next year, and I think a JUCO could add heat to the competition, but overall, I think the QB spot should be ok.

My biggest concern looking toward next season is the receivers positions. We seem to have continued to lose those standout receivers, without replacements of comparable skills. We do have a couple coming back next year which look to have goods skills, but we no longer have the stable full of thoroughbreds as we have in the past.

I disagree about the receiver position. We will definitely miss Thomas. We still have a very deep receiving corp. http://troytrojans.com/roster.aspx?path=football

Didn't see Bobby Walker on there. Haven't heard of him leaving. Holmes, Chitty, Edenfield, the new kid Jarvis Bentley, Worthy, Brooks, Harris, Quisenberry.

This may be the most well rounded group of receivers we have had ever. We have multiples in every position. With the line and backs returning next year along with steady QB play should be fun to watch. QB is our biggest ? make on that side.

Defense:
1. Can we recruit depth or star power on D-line?
2. LB will have some studs starting. Can we get enough depth to make us dominate in the 4th quarter?
3. Can we get help making plays in the defensive backfield? Lets face it this has been a joke for several years. The biggest find there may be very good secondary coach.

Tums
12-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Defense:
2. LB will have some studs starting. Can we get enough depth to make us dominate in the 4th quarter?

Former Starter Dimitri Miles hopefully will be back for next season.

dgoebel
12-13-2013, 04:23 PM

I agree and from what I heard Tidwell is a leader. I hope that we get better leadership off the field with the next QB.

TroyFootball05
12-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Former Starter Dimitri Miles hopefully will be back for next season.

Hopefully so. But we all know that around July we will have front row seats and red carpet access to the Dunce-cap Awards. Expect three to five to receive invitations to not play football next season, as per usual.

* I don't mean any disrespect to those who are trying or who fall through the cracks because of Troy University loopholes. I try not to blame individual coaches or players, but the ones that hurt Troy without any doubt are the ones that don't go to class and lose their eligibility. That's one thing that truly burns me up.

dgoebel
12-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Hopefully so. But we all know that around July we will have front row seats and red carpet access to the Dunce-cap Awards. Expect three to five to receive invitations to not play football next season, as per usual.

Sad but true and usually a few starters to make matters worse.

TroyFootball05
12-13-2013, 05:56 PM
This just in:

UAB just got a commit from the starting QB from Georgia Military (played in the NJCAA title game). We have a commit from the starting QB from the other team that played in the title game. It was their last game, and UAB might be the first of the season. If they both start, they will face off again to start their FBS careers. That's a pretty neat story line.

Georgia Military fell to #3 in NJCAA polls when they lost to EMCC (our QB commits team). EMCC remained #1 and one of the Iowa JC schools took the #2 spot. We have a commit from the Iowa JC's backup QB.

GATrojan15
12-14-2013, 07:18 AM
I saw the profile, he's 5'11?

trojanbrutha
12-14-2013, 08:08 AM

Yes, but he plays much bigger than that. He's a baller.

Navarre Trojan
12-14-2013, 08:22 AM
I agree and from what I heard Tidwell is a leader. I hope that we get better leadership off the field with the next QB.

Where is that coming from? Not sure I understand the "off the field" comment, please explain.

CardinalBlackTrojan
12-14-2013, 08:51 AM
His passing stats weren't that impressive in the NJCAA title game... He completed less than 50% of his passes and had -10 yards rushing.

flockofoscars
12-14-2013, 11:27 AM

So is Drew Brees and Russell Eilson is 5'10 and Corey was maybe 6'

dgoebel
12-14-2013, 11:36 AM
Where is that coming from? Not sure I understand the "off the field" comment, please explain.

Things I heard from people who live in Troy and it wasn't very complimentary

Hemi Man
12-14-2013, 11:48 AM
Things I heard from people who live in Troy and it wasn't very complimentary

The microscope the starting quarterback is under is much larger than the one others are viewed under. There's no doubt Corey matured a lot since his freshmen year. As do most all kids in a span of 4-6 years at college. Also there are some that hold a personal vendetta towards players that are a little unreasonable. I would say 90% of the players have done something at some point that some local didn't like.

dgoebel
12-14-2013, 12:06 PM
The microscope the starting quarterback is under is much larger than the one others are viewed under. There's no doubt Corey matured a lot since his freshmen year. As do most all kids in a span of 4-6 years at college. Also there are some that hold a personal vendetta towards players that are a little unreasonable. I would say 90% of the players have done something at some point that some local didn't like.

No vendetta, these were BIG Troy supporters and fans and it was not a good pic they painted. I am hoping for better leadership as are they.

Hemi Man
12-14-2013, 12:46 PM
No vendetta, these were BIG Troy supporters and fans and it was not a good pic they painted. I am hoping for better leadership as are they.

Always two sides to every story. If you are in a place 6 years you are bound to make friends and enemies.

Mr.E_205_Legion
12-14-2013, 12:51 PM
There's no doubt Corey matured a lot since his freshmen year. As do most all kids in a span of 4-6 years at college.

Corey between last year and this year was VERY evident. Proud of him! My life's work has been working with high school and university students. They are growing up in a totally different environment and society than we did.

NO stones in these hands...

Navarre Trojan
12-14-2013, 01:35 PM

Like recent Hiesman Trophy winners? I hate it that 'scuttlebutt' and that is what "he said/she said" is, gets presented without validity. Unless they were there and BIG TIME SUPPORTERS had better not been there, then it is just what they heard. That makes it at least third hand when it gets posted here.

dgoebel
12-14-2013, 01:41 PM
Like recent Hiesman Trophy winners? I hate it that 'scuttlebutt' and that is what "he said/she said" is, gets presented without validity. Unless they were there and BIG TIME SUPPORTERS had better not been there, then it is just what they heard. That makes it at least third hand when it gets posted here.

Not heard, seen by people/supporters who live in Troy. One is very prominently mentioned in the book on Troy Football History. I will leave it at that. A new QB takes the helm this spring and a new chapter starts. IMO we will be better off. My support will be with the new QB and I will be rooting for whoever wins the job.

Hemi Man
12-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Not heard, seen by people/supporters who live in Troy. One is very prominently mentioned in the book on Troy Football History. I will leave it at that. A new QB takes the helm this spring and a new chapter starts. IMO we will be better off. My support will be with the new QB and I will be rooting for whoever wins the job.

Remember your stance on this subject when someone comes in complaining with hearsay of the band or any of its members.

dgoebel
12-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Remember your stance on this subject when someone comes in complaining with hearsay of the band or any of its members.

If I have people I know who live in Troy that come to me and tell me they seen my child doing something wrong, I won't take that as here say, I will discipline her. just because you didn't see it doesn't make it here say. These people seen it. Time for a new chapter this Spring

Navarre Trojan
12-14-2013, 02:46 PM
If I have people I know who live in Troy that come to me and tell me they seen my child doing something wrong, I won't take that as here say, I will discipline her. just because you didn't see it doesn't make it here say. These people seen it. Time for a new chapter this Spring

And then told you about someone else's child! Got it!!!!

Hemi Man
12-14-2013, 02:48 PM

You didn't see it. You have attacked Corey personally several times on here during his career. I hope he or someone in his family get to confront you on your personal issue with him.

The bottom line is you didn't see it. You heard it at least second hand. However, you seem to love to spread it.

dgoebel
12-14-2013, 02:59 PM
You didn't see it. You have attacked Corey personally several times on here during his career. I hope he or someone in his family get to confront you on your personal issue with him.

Spring is a new chapter. Looking forward to it. I wish Corey success in this next chapter of his life. Maybe these local supporters could confront you so you could call them liars also. Time to move on. Out.

Hemi Man
12-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Spring is a new chapter. Looking forward to it. I wish Corey success in this next chapter of his life. Maybe these local supporters could confront you so you could call them liars also. Time to move on.

Anytime. Never said you were a liar. You are, however, spreading something you didn't see with your own eyes. Maybe I should just point the Robinson family in your direction so you can tell them, to their face, what you've heard about their family member.

Chasin170
12-14-2013, 05:43 PM
goebel….I hope the kids of today are better teammates to each other than what you seem to be.

dgoebel
12-14-2013, 07:07 PM
goebel….I hope the kids of today are better teammates to each other than what you seem to be.

My apologies. I repeated stuff I have heard over and over. Perhaps I should not have done that and for that I am sorry This will be my last post for a good while if not for good. I will be at the games as always but I need a break from this board

Chasin170
12-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Apology accepted but as a Trojan you need to delete your posts ref: players to finish the job .I joined the Warrior Club because of the spirit here,so we all just need to keep it pointed in the right direction,especially me.Merry Christmas to All.