PDA

View Full Version : My way too early predictions 2014 style

newnan trojan
12-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Being it's LB last year on his contract I really do feel 2014 is his last year before he calls it quits, but that's JMO.

With numerous players returning, new blood at QB, possibly a few new coaches, and With Wayne Bolt entering year 2 we should be better.

With a MUCH easier schedule there's no reason why we shouldn't have a winning season. Last year I predicted 7-5 as a best case senecio, with 6-6 a good possibility.

My prediction:

Should be easy wins: 5

Abeline Christian, UAB, Idaho, NMSU, Ga State

Will probably be favored, but should be wins: 3

USA, Ga Southern, App State

Could go either way: 3

ULM, ULL, Duke

Probable loss: 1

UGA

I only see 1 game this year as a probable loss unlike 2 last year... I think we win all 5 of the easy ones, beat 2 of the 3 probable, and 2 of the three could go either way since ULL is without Broadway (plus at our house) and ULM is without browning (but that didn't matter before browning, they just got our number)

USA is up and coming for sure, we always travel very well to mobile so no true home game for USA, this game could go either way BUT USA loses 25 Seniors!!

We finish the regular season 9-3 with a bowl birth to the Carmella Bowl and Larry goes out with a bang, winning the bowl ending 10-3.

newnan trojan
12-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Our schedule is just so good this year. I have never predicted us to have 10 wins but it's just how I see it.

kmthan
12-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Agree with you. However, we should keep in mind that we could screwed up some easy games like last year (lost to FAU) and this year (almost lost to GA State).
My new year's wish: Finish as a winning season and grab the bowl in 2014! Go Trojans!

newnan trojan
12-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Agree with you. However, we should keep in mind that we could screwed up some easy games like last year (lost to FAU) and this year (almost lost to GA State).
My new year's wish: Finish as a winning season and grab the bowl in 2014! Go Trojans!

I have that fractured in... We will probably lose one of the probable or one of the for sure.

The USA game scares me the most. They arnt happy about what happened this year. However they lose their QB and 24 seniors. That's a lot.

As for Ga State... Everyone else had a close game with Ga State too. We were not the only ones.

Nice Trojan
12-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Also keep in mind we are losing Corey - of course we have had our ups and downs with him. But any time you lose a senior QB who knows this offense inside and out, you lose a ton. Whoever ends up replacing him will face some growing pains and could cause an unexpected loss, unless we snag up another Omar who has had tons of playing time!

newnan trojan
12-10-2013, 03:00 PM
Also keep in mind we are losing Corey - of course we have had our ups and downs with him. But any time you lose a senior QB who knows this offense inside and out, you lose a ton. Whoever ends up replacing him will face some growing pains and could cause an unexpected loss, unless we snag up another Omar who has had tons of playing time!

I'm not concerned at QB. We are deep here. Several guys to choose from.... Picked up 2 of the best Junior college QBs too. I could be wrong, but I'm not worried. Someone will step up.

TroyFootball05
12-10-2013, 03:19 PM
I forgot about NMSU and Idaho. We can easily win 8 games, especially if we are not playing Arkansas State. One less tough SBC team. I'd be ok with playing in the Carmello Bowl.

trojanbrutha
12-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Being it's LB last year on his contract I really do feel 2014 is his last year before he calls it quits, but that's JMO.

With numerous players returning, new blood at QB, possibly a few new coaches, and With Wayne Bolt entering year 2 we should be better.

With a MUCH easier schedule there's no reason why we shouldn't have a winning season. Last year I predicted 7-5 as a best case senecio, with 6-6 a good possibility.

My prediction:

ULM, ULL, Duke

UGA

I only see 1 game this year as a probable loss unlike 2 last year... I think we win all 5 of the easy ones, beat 2 of the 3 probable, and 2 of the three could go either way since ULL is without Broadway (plus at our house) and ULM is without browning (but that didn't matter before browning, they just got our number)

USA is up and coming for sure, we always travel very well to mobile so no true home game for USA, this game could go either way BUT USA loses 25 Seniors!!

We finish the regular season 9-3 with a bowl birth to the Carmella Bowl and Larry goes out with a bang, winning the bowl ending 10-3.

Who's Carmella? :taunt003:

TroyFootball05
12-10-2013, 03:42 PM

It's Carmelo. As in Carmelo Anthony. It's his bowl.

Chasin170
12-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Does that mean NO PASSING ALLOWED?

newnan trojan
12-10-2013, 04:17 PM

Ugh. I'm typing on a iPhone. Always correcting my crap!

flockofoscars
12-10-2013, 04:18 PM

My prediction:

ULM, ULL, Duke

UGA

MAN i hope your right! What worries me about your prediction is our pass defense.

newnan trojan
12-10-2013, 04:28 PM
MAN i hope your right! What worries me about your prediction is our pass defense.

This years team would have won atleast 8 games with that schedule.

trojanbrutha
12-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Ugh. I'm typing on a iPhone. Always correcting my crap!

:laughing021:

flockofoscars
12-10-2013, 04:33 PM
This years team would have won atleast 8 games with that schedule.

I think Duke would have been a W if at home. I agree with you

TroyFootball05
12-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Interesting to compare old Sun Belt vs new Sun Belt:

Idaho
New Mexico State
Georgia State
Texas State
South Alabama
Georgia Southern
Appalachian State

Just to name a few. The 2011 Troy team (3-9) would have been bowl eligible with this schedule.

newnan trojan
12-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Interesting to compare old Sun Belt vs new Sun Belt:

Idaho
New Mexico State
Georgia State
Texas State
South Alabama
Georgia Southern
Appalachian State

Just to name a few. The 2011 Troy team (3-9) would have been bowl eligible with this schedule.

Haha maybe 6-6.... We were pretty bad in 2011... It was hard to watch.

newnan trojan
12-10-2013, 04:45 PM
I must correct myself... Broadway is a Junior this year... But we get ULL at home...

I still stand by my 10-3 prediction

dgoebel
12-10-2013, 06:14 PM

My prediction:

ULM, ULL, Duke

UGA

UAB always seems to give us trouble, especially there. USA is not a sure win, neither is Georgia Southern or App. St. I would say they games we are expected to win and win big would be Abeliene Christian, NMSU, Idaho and Georgia St. If we play well be beat UAB and a ULM. Duke at home will be exciting and we could pull an upset. The three games that worry me are USA (vastly improved ) Georgia Southern ( triple option and hungry) and App St. ( playing there and they are hungry). If the pieces come together I see 7-5 or 8-4.

newnan trojan
12-10-2013, 06:26 PM
You do know App State won like 3 games this year right?

One of them being Ga Southern.

I expect to win those two games. No questions asked.

dgoebel
12-10-2013, 06:33 PM
You do know App State won like 3 games this year right?

One of them being Ga Southern.

I expect to win those two games. No questions asked.

Yes, new coach and a down year. But they have had great success, have a tremendous fan base and are hungry, same for Georgia Southern. People might have been saying that about us after 2011 and 2012. I don't expect either to be down for long. Can we beat them? Yes. Can we lose to both if we don't play? Yes

TFan
12-10-2013, 07:25 PM
I'm not concerned at QB. We are deep here. Several guys to choose from.... Picked up 2 of the best Junior college QBs too. I could be wrong, but I'm not worried. Someone will step up.

AGREE 100%. I believe QB may be well down the list of our concerns next year!!

TFan
12-10-2013, 07:27 PM

Now that's WAY UP on my worry list!!!

preacher
12-11-2013, 12:51 AM

Pruitt has ran a variation of the offense since middle school. Played in state champion in high school. Don't remember if his team won. Absolutely dominated JC with this offense. What we call certain routes and plays me be different but concept is the same.

redwaver
12-11-2013, 07:55 AM
Yes, new coach and a down year. But they have had great success, have a tremendous fan base and are hungry, same for Georgia Southern. People might have been saying that about us after 2011 and 2012. I don't expect either to be down for long. Can we beat them? Yes. Can we lose to both if we don't play? Yes

From the looks of it, they've had a great recruiting year so far. Wish I could say the same for us but MAYBE LB has some surprises waiting for us at the last minute!

Buzz Lightyear
12-13-2013, 12:11 PM
Somewhere between 5-7 and 9-3................................................. ..................so if we go 5-7 or 6-6 I think disappointment.................................... ....so if we go 9-3 I think wow.....back to a bowl and good year..................So if we go 7-5.....not sure we make bowl.....but PROGRESS...................With that said.....8-4 and a bowl........Good Progress..........

This year pretty bummmmmed

trojanbrutha
12-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Somewhere between 5-7 and 9-3................................................. ..................so if we go 5-7 or 6-6 I think disappointment.................................... ....so if we go 9-3 I think wow.....back to a bowl and good year..................So if we go 7-5.....not sure we make bowl.....but PROGRESS...................With that said.....8-4 and a bowl........Good Progress..........

This year pretty bummmmmed

If we go, at least 7-5, the worst we do is cut the ribbon on the Carmella Bowl :jester:

newnan trojan
12-13-2013, 01:25 PM
If we go, at least 7-5, the worst we do is cut the ribbon on the Carmella Bowl :jester:

Truth... That bowl has their fingers crossed we make 6-6 next year lol.

GoTroyGo1
12-15-2013, 11:33 PM

ULM, ULL, Duke

I hate to rain on the parade but I think those are 3 rough games. Especially Duke. Duke is getting really competitive as I am sure most have noticed. Abilene Christian? Why are we playing them and not ASU or Jax St?

TroyFootball05
12-15-2013, 11:37 PM

ULM, ULL, Duke

I hate to rain on the parade but I think those are 3 rough games. Especially Duke. Duke is getting really competitive as I am sure most have noticed. Abilene Christian? Why are we playing them and not ASU or Jax St?

No Kolton Browning at ULM is good for us. They are graduating a lot of seniors too.