PDA

View Full Version : Does Troy need the AU effect ?

Lego
12-10-2013, 01:36 PM
They are calling it the AU effect.

AU was in a rut. Had gone stale after 2010 NC.

They bottomed out going 0-8 in the SEC in 2012. Morale was down, fanbase and support was bleeding out.

Then they cleaned house. New staff. New strength & conditioning mindset. Changes in the AD office. Changes in athletic Admin.

They go 12-1 and in the NC, with most of the same team. A friend employed at AU called it the AU effect.

Should Troy have a Troy effect ? Maybe after 2014 ?

Zero doubt we have gone stale up and down the program. Discipline is awful for awhile now. Should JH perform a Troy effect ? Have we reached that point ? Now or in the future ?

Just a question for debate.

My thought is after 2014. Let CLB ride off in the sunset after a winning season next year, say 8-4. Then let JH clean house and rebuild. We need new blood throughout.

flockofoscars
12-10-2013, 01:57 PM

They bottomed out going 0-8 in the SEC in 2012. Morale was down, fanbase and support was bleeding out.

Then they cleaned house. New staff. New strength & conditioning mindset. Changes in the AD office. Changes in athletic Admin.

They go 12-1 and in the NC, with most of the same team. A friend employed at AU called it the AU effect.

Zero doubt we have gone stale up and down the program. Discipline is awful for awhile now. Should JH perform a Troy effect ? Have we reached that point ? Now or in the future ?

My thought is after 2014. Let CLB ride off in the sunset after a winning season next year, say 8-4. Then let JH clean house and rebuild. We need new blood throughout.

Yes.

Trojan_Thunder
12-10-2013, 01:58 PM
I think that LB should be allowed to finish out the remainder of his contract. However, I'm not of the opinion of some on this board that LB should have sole determination of when his Troy coaching tenure should end. No one should have that much power, in my opinion.

I do think a change would create a newfound excitement at Troy when the time is right. This statement may upset some Troy traditionalists, but I believe this would be the case.

Tums
12-10-2013, 01:59 PM

See Also Gary Pinkel at Mizzou with near the same results with the same old same ole.

TroyFootball05
12-10-2013, 02:06 PM

When LB retires I would be ok with a completely new staff. It could garner those results, but it also may not. Gus Malzhan is one of a kind, and lets hope we can get one like him.

Hemi Man
12-10-2013, 02:18 PM

I think it's what happens when LB leaves. Does that include strength and conditioning and medical staff as well? Just how deep into the staff does it go? Only time will tell.

DedicatedTrojan84
12-10-2013, 02:52 PM
Yes!

Possum
12-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Who is AU?

dgoebel
12-10-2013, 06:19 PM
When LB retires I would be ok with a completely new staff. It could garner those results, but it also may not. Gus Malzhan is one of a kind, and lets hope we can get one like him.

Gus obviously is a good coach but let's not forget two other coaches with success out of the box at Auburn (terry Bowden and Chiziik) and look what happened there. He has to recruit and continue the success he has now. Sometimes the worse thing is set the bar all the way at the top right off the bat. Now he will have every season compared to his first. Could be good, could be bad.

dgoebel
12-10-2013, 06:20 PM
I think it's what happens when LB leaves. Does that include strength and conditioning and medical staff as well? Just how deep into the staff does it go? Only time will tell.

Chuck might retire when that time comes, who knows. A great man for sure.

TFan
12-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Gus obviously is a good coach but let's not forget two other coaches with success out of the box at Auburn (terry Bowden and Chiziik) and look what happened there. He has to recruit and continue the success he has now. Sometimes the worse thing is set the bar all the way at the top right off the bat. Now he will have every season compared to his first. Could be good, could be bad.

Yes, it's a tough 1st season to follow; but, Gus M recruited many of the players at "Barn when he was there 2-3 years ago.

preacher
12-11-2013, 01:00 AM

If it is bad then I wish Troy had that kind of bad experience. Gus recruited much of the offensive talent he's winning with now.

preacher
12-11-2013, 01:02 AM
Obviously I didn't read whole thread before commenting. Oops

Tums
12-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Troy could also have the ASU effect. Whoop another coach done gone!!!!!!!!

SoFlaTrojan
12-12-2013, 12:41 PM
So we waste another year waiting for things to get better? Waiting for someone to retire and ride off into the sunset is a mighty sacrifice for Trojan fans.

trojanbrutha
12-12-2013, 12:52 PM
So we waste another year waiting for things to get better? Waiting for someone to retire and ride off into the sunset is a mighty sacrifice for Trojan fans.

For those of you that want a coaching change, we understand. Please, stop adding it to every freakin' thread...

SoFlaTrojan
12-12-2013, 03:45 PM
This thread is, essentially, about coaching change.