PDA

View Full Version : 2014: rubber ball or dead cat ?

Lego
12-09-2013, 10:51 AM
Season over. Looking to 2014. What to expect ? Hey, it's a message board and we have nothing else to talk about concerning Troy football.

From one of my favorite reads:

"...but is this a program that can rebound to previous heights? If a bounce is in store, are we talking about a rubber ball or a dead cat?"

trojanbrutha
12-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Season over. Looking to 2014. What to expect ? Hey, it's a message board and we have nothing else to talk about concerning Troy football.

From one of my favorite reads:

"...but is this a program that can rebound to previous heights? If a bounce is in store, are we talking about a rubber ball or a dead cat?"

That would depend upon whether you're a glass half empty or half full kinda guy...:thumb:

TFan
12-09-2013, 11:01 AM
I am VERY Optimistic about our player personnel returning to the Gridiron next year. Some fine youngsters will come into their own as they look into their own ranks for leadership, maturity and that winning edge that this program once had!!

Go TROJANS!!

dgoebel
12-09-2013, 11:15 AM
I am VERY Optimistic about our player personnel returning to the Gridiron next year. Some fine youngsters will come into their own as they look into their own ranks for leadership, maturity and that winning edge that this program once had!!

Go TROJANS!!

I am optimistic about the leadership potential of some of our young players, especially the OL. What I am not optimistic about is some of the bad apples that have caused internal strife among the team. I hope this is addressed and some sent packing if need be.

TFan
12-09-2013, 11:34 AM
I am optimistic about the leadership potential of some of our young players, especially the OL. What I am not optimistic about is some of the bad apples that have caused internal strife among the team. I hope this is addressed and some sent packing if need be.

A few of those are packing with their diploma in hand as we speak!!

dgoebel
12-09-2013, 11:42 AM
A few of those are packing with their diploma in hand as we speak!!

Could be, but not what/who I was referring to.

CardinalBlackTrojan
12-09-2013, 07:51 PM
Could be, but not what/who I was referring to.

who might you be referring to? i didn't know there was internal strife.

dgoebel
12-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Just stuff I know that went on. It was embarrassing

SoFlaTrojan
12-09-2013, 08:04 PM
This year was supposed to be the bounce, after last year was supposed to be the bounce. I believe our ball is about out of air. I will always be there cheering but cannot remember ever being more depressed regarding Troy football.

Hemi Man
12-09-2013, 08:16 PM
Just stuff I know that went on. It was embarrassing

Insightful message board answer. It's really not anything that hasn't happened in the past.

Hemi Man
12-09-2013, 08:18 PM
This year was supposed to be the bounce, after last year was supposed to be the bounce. I believe our ball is about out of air. I will always be there cheering but cannot remember ever being more depressed regarding Troy football.

Well if the ball is out of air I know a place they can find plenty of hot air.

dgoebel
12-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Insightful message board answer. It's really not anything that hasn't happened in the past.

Then we have some serious discipline problems. If the stuff I am referring to happened when I played those players would be gone, no if ands or buts. And further more we knew it and that was why we didn't have internal problems

SoFlaTrojan
12-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Hemi: Must you come on here and attack every poster who doesn't agree with your Kool-Aid-drunk opinion?

Why don't you focus your efforts on making posts of interest to the topic, rather than taking pot shots at everyone with whom you disagreed and derailing the thread.

If you don't do that, some posters might decide to return the favor and that would make this board even less attractive than is has become.

Hemi Man
12-09-2013, 09:52 PM
Hemi: Must you come on here and attack every poster who doesn't agree with your Kool-Aid-drunk opinion?

Why don't you focus your efforts on making posts of interest to the topic, rather than taking pot shots at everyone with whom you disagreed and derailing the thread.

If you don't do that, some posters might decide to return the favor and that would make this board even less attractive than is has become.

No one is obligated to come to this board. No kool-aid drinking. Just a realistic outlook and opinion based on facts.

SoFlaTrojan
12-09-2013, 10:07 PM
You don't seem to get that your comments are almost solely about bashing others' comments Why don't you present an argument or facts, instead of bashing those who differ in opinion from you. You are not the comment police. Bug off.

Hemi Man
12-09-2013, 10:27 PM
You don't seem to get that your comments are almost solely about bashing others' comments Why don't you present an argument or facts, instead of bashing those who differ in opinion from you. You are not the comment police. Bug off.

Bug off? Why don't you quit crying about ticket prices to the stadium club, that you never even buy anyway. Your own words. Anytime someone tries to reason and use logic with your group you all get angry and scream fire this coach. My favorite is when some of you scream LB shows no emotion. Clearly you haven't been watching him. Then you turn around and cry foul when our players let their emotions get the best of them. I could give you a lot of facts, but I just don't think you would be able to understand them.

SoFlaTrojan
12-09-2013, 10:43 PM
You pompous, ill-informed jackass. I pay for (or purchase from someone) a ticket every time I enter that stadium, including when I already have a field pass.

I have the right to state my opinion (which is always based on fact) without you inserting your nasty comments on my thoughts (not the subject matter) every time.

I have left you alone, despite your ridiculous loyalty to the status quo, regardless of how poor it has become. Not any more. This is your warning. Treat others the way you expect to be treated.

I have never screamed for firing of the coach. I have suggested he retire, based on poor performance over three-plus years.

You need to learn to comprehend what you read before you spout off and look like a moron.

Hemi Man
12-09-2013, 10:50 PM
You pompous, ill-informed jackass. I pay for (or purchase from someone) a ticket every time I enter that stadium, including when I already have a field pass.

I have the right to state my opinion (which is always based on fact) without you inserting your nasty comments on my thoughts (not the subject matter) every time.

I have left you alone, despite your ridiculous loyalty to the status quo, regardless of how poor it has become. Not any more. This is your warning. Treat others the way you expect to be treated.

I have never screamed for firing of the coach. I have suggested he retire, based on poor performance over three-plus years.

You need to learn to comprehend what you read before you spout off and look like a moron.

Blah blah blah. What exactly am I being warned for? What exactly are you going to do? Change your screen name again? Jackass? moron? You have some serious issues to say the least.

My loyalty in sports is to Troy university.

Lego
12-10-2013, 07:47 AM
Troy university.

I have a several Trojan supporter friends that are "watchers" of this site and they wanted to inquire if are involved in the leadership of the Trojan Warrior Program ?

Hemi Man
12-10-2013, 08:15 AM
I have a several Trojan supporter friends that are "watchers" of this site and they wanted to inquire if are involved in the leadership of the Trojan Warrior Program ?

Can the watchers not speak for themselves? Then again you choose to remain anonymous for some reason as well. If someone was really that concerned I would hope they would address me personally.

The leadership of the Trojan Warrior Program is handled by the AD and the director of development and annual giving.

Chrono124
12-10-2013, 08:16 AM
Blah blah blah. What exactly am I being warned for? What exactly are you going to do? Change your screen name again? Jackass? moron? You have some serious issues to say the least.

My loyalty in sports is to Troy university.

"Educate the mind to think, the heart to feel, and the body to act." I think we are missing a few of those points around here. For someone who claims their loyalty lies in Troy University, you sure don't act like a Man of Troy. That goes for alot of you around here, bickering like children and bashing each others opinions and views. The whole point of college was to educate you to be open to new and sometimes crazy ideas. To debate instead of argue and to respect others views even if you don't agree with them. The way I have seen ppl treat others on this board lately is embarrassing.

TFan
12-10-2013, 08:25 AM
"Educate the mind to think, the heart to feel, and the body to act." I think we are missing a few of those points around here. For someone who claims their loyalty lies in Troy University, you sure don't act like a Man of Troy. That goes for alot of you around here, bickering like children and bashing each others opinions and views. The whole point of college was to educate you to be open to new and sometimes crazy ideas. To debate instead of argue and to respect others views even if you don't agree with them. The way I have seen ppl treat others on this board lately is embarrassing.

14-22 over three seasons has certainly reduced reasonable folks to preschool behavior! Lots of crazy ideas abound as well!!:angry013:

In the meantime, there are numerous winter and spring Troy U Athletic events to follow. Lawd!

GO TROJANS!

Chasin170
12-10-2013, 08:32 AM
Let's just stick to facts guys like "single use cups" that I've been drinking Troy Kool Aid out of since August……..:jester:

PEACE!It's Christmas!

TFan
12-10-2013, 08:38 AM
Let's just stick to facts guys like "single use cups" that I've been drinking Troy Kool Aid out of since August……..:jester:

PEACE!It's Christmas!

MY kool-ade has been STRONGLY tainted since the Miss State game.... starting to dry out in time for Christmas!

Lego
12-10-2013, 08:49 AM

Hemi did not attend Troy.

trojanbrutha
12-10-2013, 08:52 AM

:laughing021: it also teaches us all not to be hypocrites or add fuel to a fire. As I'm sure we've all done around here...present company included.

Lego
12-10-2013, 09:04 AM
Can the watchers not speak for themselves? Then again you choose to remain anonymous for some reason as well. If someone was really that concerned I would hope they would address me personally.

The leadership of the Trojan Warrior Program is handled by the AD and the director of development and annual giving.

No, they choose not to participate. They mention the consistent few on here that respond to every post with sarcasm and BS.

Hemi Man
12-10-2013, 09:05 AM

Correct. I support Troy by choice. Troy owes me nothing. I volunteer my money and time on my own free will. Plus this board is a nice get away from the trials of the real world.

Hemi Man
12-10-2013, 09:18 AM
No, they choose not to participate. They mention the consistent few on here that respond to every post with sarcasm and BS.

They have that right. That's why you never see an official athletic website with a message board or any from a message board issued media credentials. A message board is a collection of diehard fans with varying opinions.

I pretty sure you throw a good bit of sarcasm and BS around as well. So go ahead and drop the rocks before you break your own glass house.

flockofoscars
12-10-2013, 12:52 PM

Troy is Hemis team just as much as any alumnus but when people choose Troy they also choose to accept what it means to be a Trojan. I think Hemi does a lot of great stuff for the university but my lawd what has this board become? This not how Troy fans should act. Chrono is right it's been rough on here with bickering. We need to stick together in the good and bad times but especially the bad. Jeez if I was a new board member I'd want out! Go Trojans! Always

Tums
12-10-2013, 01:50 PM

There is plenty of folks at every Troy game that did not attend Troy. I guess all of the people not of Troy need not advertise or donate since they did not go to Troy. I seem to remember Wiley having the Sanders Line at one time on Scholarships until the NCAA said that could not happen. Records show he did not attend Troy.

I also do not like the direction where this board is heading.

Lego
12-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Troy is Hemis team just as much as any alumnus but when people choose Troy they also choose to accept what it means to be a Trojan. I think Hemi does a lot of great stuff for the university but my lawd what has this board become? This not how Troy fans should act. Chrono is right it's been rough on here with bickering. We need to stick together in the good and bad times but especially the bad. Jeez if I was a new board member I'd want out! Go Trojans! Always

Yes a whole lot of venom being thrown by everyone.

Lets all take a break for awhile and come back for Signing day re-engergized and as one.

Troy79
12-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Correct. I support Troy by choice. Troy owes me nothing. I volunteer my money and time on my own free will. Plus this board is a nice get away from the trials of the real world.

Guys, if you ever attend a Troy game, no matter the sport, you will likely find Hemi and Mrs. Hemi in the stands cheering on the Trojans (that goes for away games as well). If having a degree from any alma mater was a prerequisite to being a fan, then a number of programs around the country would be in serious distress. I for one, welcome anyone who has the passion and desire to promote and support this University like Hemi as a fellow Troy Trojan. If some of you would feel better, I could always give him one of my two degrees and then you could call him an alum. I have heard folks in the Athletic Department often say they could only wish Troy had a thousand Hemi's to by tickets and show up to the events. I think it is time we all called a truce and realized we are all on the same side. Troy is a special place and we should feel blessed to call it our school, whether or not we ever spent one hour in a classroom on our beautiful campus, or any of the other Troy campuses around the globe.

Go TROY!

Hemi Man
12-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Yes a whole lot of venom being thrown by everyone.

Lets all take a break for awhile and come back for Signing day re-engergized and as one.

Good post!! No need to wait that long. Let's all just choose our words more wisely! We all want the same thing!

Go Trojans!!

Guys, if you ever attend a Troy game, no matter the sport, you will likely find Hemi and Mrs. Hemi in the stands cheering on the Trojans (that goes for away games as well). If having a degree from any alma mater was a prerequisite to being a fan, then a number of programs around the country would be in serious distress. I for one, welcome anyone who has the passion and desire to promote and support this University like Hemi as a fellow Troy Trojan. If some of you would feel better, I could always give him one of my two degrees and then you could call him an alum. I have heard folks in the Athletic Department often say they could only wish Troy had a thousand Hemi's to by tickets and show up to the events. I think it is time we all called a truce and realized we are all on the same side. Troy is a special place and we should feel blessed to call it our school, whether or not we ever spent one hour in a classroom on our beautiful campus, or any of the other Troy campuses around the globe.

Go TROY!

Thanks for the kind words! Sometimes we all let our passion get the best of us. I'm going to try and keep mine in check for sure. About that degree. Can you ship it on down here. Maybe I can get a raise out of it. Haha.

Thanks!

dgoebel
12-10-2013, 06:30 PM
I don't know why people think you have to be an Alumni to be a Troy supporter or fan. Probably 90% or more of the Dumbo and Hello Kity fans in Alabama and the Lizard and Tonto fans here in Florida, never went to school there. As an Alumni, I have the utmost respect for the loyal Troy fans like a Hemi or TFan who did not go to school here, yet support it far better than most Alumni do. Alumni, casual fan and rabid fans, the more the merrier and the better Troy will be.

SoFlaTrojan
12-12-2013, 12:43 PM
Why has this thread turned into an "alumni or not" discussion? My point was that posters should post about the topic and think twice before lashing out at a poster just because they do not like what he/she believes. Attack the argument, not the person.

dgoebel
12-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Why has this thread turned into an "alumni or not" discussion? My point was that posters should post about the topic and think twice before lashing out at a poster just because they do not like what he/she believes. Attack the argument, not the person.

I agree on this. I love debating a topic or view but way to often it turns personal and insulting. I have had it happen and have even had my kids insulted. No place for it. Debate, yes....insult/attack, No.